A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 298,791
Currently Running With Scissors:
409 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Sew crafty mini - help  (Read 683 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

auntiem
« on: July 27, 2005 12:00:14 PM »

I just picked up a sew crafty mini on sale. I got it home and can not for the life of me figure out how to change the bobbin or for that matter fill it up with a different color thread. The instructions are fairly useless - they just show how to thread it and how to take it off the machine.
Anyone use one of these and know how to do this?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bag_lady
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2005 12:13:01 PM »

i don't want to bum you out, but those things are terrible. unless you hardly ever do any sewing, i would recommend taking it back and saving up a few more dollars for a simple White or Brother.  They are relatively cheap ($150) at Wal-Mart, K-Mart, or even JoAnn's when they have a sale.  I have a Brother that i've been using for 10 yrs. and it is a faithful machine.  I started to teach my little sister to sew and I was going to give it to her (good excuse to buy myself a new one too), but then my mom bought one of those and she hates it!  Sorry!  I really don't want to be the bearer of bad news.

on the other hand, i'm not positive but i think the bobbin winds the same as a normal machine.  i would suggest following the booklet instructions step-by-step over and over until you've got it.  that is unless you decide to go for something better  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

auntiem
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2005 12:30:40 PM »

Thanks for the quick reply. I have an Elna 2000 that I adore which is why I got the sew crafty ($7) to do jobs that I don't want to risk my "good" machine on. The problem is that it either missing a page of instructions or there are no instructions on the bobbin questions.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bag_lady
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2005 12:33:03 PM »

that was a good idea (to use it for other projects)  i think this machine will be fine for you then.  I would just call the company.  usually they can either help you over the phone or send you a new instruction booklet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Knit Newborn Baby Mittens with a Loom Part 35/35
How to Knit Newborn Baby Mittens with a Loom Part 4/35
How to Knit Newborn Baby Mittens with a Loom Part 5/35
How to Knit with Knitting Needles Part 1/4
How to Knit Newborn Baby Mittens with a Loom Part 3/35
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Sherlock Matchbox
@Home This Weekend: Bottlecap Magnets
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...