A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 296,405
Currently Running With Scissors:
764 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Has anyone made a field hockey bag?  (Read 664 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

rainbowtastic
« on: July 26, 2005 09:04:33 PM »

I was wondering if anyone had ever made a field hockey bag before. They're so pricey, and I'm in desperate need of one. If not, I'm just going to get out my stick and gear and start away, but it'd be nice to have some other input on this.

Anyone?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Autywon

and we'd be like oooh we're in a movie.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2005 12:41:48 PM »

post a pic of what type you are looking to make so we can show you a similar bag.-or- if your good at patterns got to www.mccall.com and look for a pattern on it. wirte down the pattern #. and go to wal-mart/craftstore and get it.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2005 12:44:14 PM by Autywon » THIS ROCKS   Logged

APPLY SOME PRESSUER.
rainbowtastic
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2005 06:55:58 PM »

A field hockey bag is quite different from other bags I've seen anyplace... and quite over priced, going for about $50.

Its basically a thin, elongated oval with a few very large pockets on the side and a long sturdy strap. At the moment, I'm using a very large shoulder-sling bag made from a sweatshirt, and thats holding up quite well. I'd much rather have something more professional, though. Any hints you could give would be lovely to have!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
DeliaRana
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2005 07:20:30 AM »

You could do this a coulple of different ways.  You could use the Jordy concept for the bottom of the bag.  Just cut you fabric pieces to the shape and size you need then use the Jordy method to finish the bottom.  The only problem you may have with this is the seams at the bottom.  They will be weaker and more likely to come apart. 
You could also use the gusset concept.  Cut two side pieces in the shape you need then have a gusset that goes all the way around.  This may be the stronger version.  You will not have a seam across the very bottom.  It may be a little more difficult though.  Just make sure your measurements correct.  You could also use a cheap fabric to practice on.  Then once it is right you can use it for the lining of the bag. (no waste)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KatieJoy
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2005 07:23:13 AM »

A field hockey bag is quite different from other bags I've seen anyplace... and quite over priced, going for about $50.

Its basically a thin, elongated oval with a few very large pockets on the side and a long sturdy strap. At the moment, I'm using a very large shoulder-sling bag made from a sweatshirt, and thats holding up quite well. I'd much rather have something more professional, though. Any hints you could give would be lovely to have!

Well, I'm sure I didn't pay anything close to 50 for my field hockey bag but... make sure you add a little pocket on the side handy for MOUTHGUARDS!     It also depends how big you want to make your bag how many sticks you put in it... I always had at least 2 with me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rainbowtastic
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2005 10:26:07 PM »

Well, I'm sure I didn't pay anything close to 50 for my field hockey bag but... make sure you add a little pocket on the side handy for MOUTHGUARDS!     It also depends how big you want to make your bag how many sticks you put in it... I always had at least 2 with me.
Thats what they've been turning up around here for. they advertise $20 on the website and then hit you with $50 at the stores. Thus why I'm going to make it myself... plus I've a bit of an idea that I think will be awesome to make.

And of course I'll have a mouthguard pocket.. that goes without saying. Haha. I'm always misplacing mine(I'm on my third this season!) so it'll be brightly colored so I remember to put the guard back in it. I'm quite excited about this... I'll be sure to tell you all how it goes!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Candied Yams
How to Make Classic Baked Macaroni and Cheese
How to Make a Slow-Cooker Turkey Chili
How to Make Blackened Catfish and Creole Remoulade
How to Make Southern Shrimp and Grits
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...