A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 305,018
Currently Running With Scissors:
472 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Little Bibles  (Read 5085 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

opiate_rose
« on: July 26, 2005 02:20:18 PM »

Does anyone know where I could find those little bibles that evangalists use?  They are usually orange or green?  I'd need like 30-45 for a sculpture I want to do.  Thanks for the help ahead of time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BambiKhan
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2005 12:08:34 PM »

You might have to stake out one of their recruiting centers, bite the bullet, and go in and ask. A little acting can go a long way. Or try these people: http://www.christianityfreebies.com/freebies1/Bible_Related/Bibles.cfm
or the Mormons, if you want full-sizers.
Oh, maybe you'd have some luck at Christian-type thrift stores, like bibles-for-missions (Bleah!) or some other sort of missionary-based org.
I haven't seen those little books around in awhile, but good luck, look foreward to seeing your sculpture!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Rapture

Live your Creative Potential, Be True to Yourself

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2005 10:32:52 PM »

they give them out at college campuses when the weather is nice... and they are very forceful in giving them out

i would like to see that sculpture if this all works out for you... i'd send you mine but everytime one has been shoved in my direction i litterally scream and run
THIS ROCKS   Logged
coccyx
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2005 04:55:19 PM »

I agree, ask.  See if you can convince a local church that you want to hand them out to a study group or a class or something.  Make it sound like missionary work.   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Carleigh
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2005 07:58:00 PM »

lol, I know all about those people who go door to door handing out bibles. In fact, I have a funny story about that. This was originally posted on DailyConfession.com:

"...But would you like to witness my religion?

Now don't get me wrong, I have no grudges against any Mormons, but after getting bombarded at my old house for weeks on end by their door-knockers (and pretending I wasn't home) I decided to exact my revenge...
I drove home one night after work and saw a pair of Mormons walking my neighborhood (again) and pounding on doors. So I whipped up a batch of my famous fake-blood from my Drama days, grabbed a large cleaver from the drawer & lit candles all over the house. Grabbed an apron, smeared my fake blood all over it and the cleaver and waited.

Sure enough, the door knock came about 10 minutes later...I got up & answered the door carrying the knife. Well they just gaped...stammered a bit, and one finally sputtered out their preset "Hi, we'd like to tell you about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints." I looked the guy right in the eye and told him flat out "Sorry, but I worship Satan. If you'd like though, I'm in the middle of a ritual and I can show you all about MY religion."

Well, they ran like hell as fast as they could and I've never had a knock on my door by them since. Its a shame I had to lie that badly to get rid of them, but I don't feel the slightest regret."

I hope I didn't offend anyone with my story. I personally think they have the right in the world to go door to door, heck, on really hot days we even invite them inside for a glass of water. 

« Last Edit: August 03, 2005 08:09:51 PM by Carleigh » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.
indigo flower girl
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2005 08:17:47 PM »

Well they're still making the little Bibles.  For future reference, I'm pretty sure any "Bibles" you get from Mormons will actually be books of Mormon (not the same) but I don't know if that even matters for your purposes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://cakeandmittens.wordpress.com/

Smile like you mean it, and let yourself let go.
opiate_rose
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2005 10:05:00 PM »

Actually it does matter, I really would rather have Bibles, not books of Mormon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mireneh

working like a dog?!?!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2005 02:49:26 PM »

I saw one that my niece got back in elementary school - it was from the Gideon's.  I think there was an address, but didn't have time to look since I was babysitting.  It is the New Testament only - not the whole bible.  Let me know if you need the information from it.

Mary
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Support your local animal shelters and be a responsible pet owner by spaying or neutering your pet.

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome is waaaay more than being tired - imagine having the flu every day, quadruple that, and that's me on a good day!  No, I did not stay up too late last night either.....
meg4568
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2005 02:56:15 PM »

i know that where i live you can get bibles in the dollar store. It might only be in the dirty dumb south?
but i dont know where they are free.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

viciouskittie
one crafty bitch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2005 07:21:56 PM »

maybe even ebay...id love to see the project when your done
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hi my names kate, and im a craft addict..

www.wists.com/veganedgekate
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Chance Rides: Kansas Company Stays in the Family Against All Odds
Julie_Vignette_WITH_PreRoll
The Weight of a Whistle: Why Making Trains Means the World to Terry Giddeon
Terry_Vignette_WITH_PreRoll
DIY Flower Bouquet
Latest Blog Articles
October 29, 2014 Featured Projects
Craft Challenge #103, Foodie Frenzy 2 Winner
Tute Tuesday: Upcycled Car Trash Bag with Liner

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...