A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 301,213
Currently Running With Scissors:
367 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Raiders Baby Shower *img heavy!*  (Read 3110 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

rainylakechick
« on: December 02, 2008 10:08:36 AM »

Our friends are HUGE Oakland Raiders fans... and they are having twins in 2009!  We threw them a co-ed baby shower in November.  Since I'm the "Crafty" one of my friends, they gave me free range to do what I wanted for the shower and they just helped.

First of all, I just want to say how much I love the circle letters at All Sorts.  Using my GIMP editor, I was able to make them all black & white, and modify them to be used for a banner, the party favors, a front yard sign, and cupcake tags.

The Shower Favors were little white bags, filled with leftover Halloween candy, and I used cardstock paper for the tags.  The last name of the parents to be is "Garcias".  When they say "Thank You" for something, instead of writing "Gracias" they write "Garcias".  So, no... its not a mispelling.  It was done on purpose!

As for the candy inside... I picked out items with a twin, baby, or parent theme.  Mini Twix bars, Doublemint Gum, Sugar Daddies and Sugar Babies, mini Kit Kat bars with two Kit Kats inside, Double Bubble Gum, and mini Starbursts with two candies in each package. 

Since there are twins... we made two diaper cakes.  I had some leftover Raiders fabric and I sewed it together in strips which we used to decorate the layers.  We ran out of fabric on one cake....  oops!  It still looks good. 

Cake #1:

Cake #2:

Here are the little cupcake tags I made with the "Parents To Be" names written on them. 

And here's the dad-to-be... dressed in a Raiders jersey!

As for the shower activities...  We didn't do anything new....  The "Beer In a Baby Bottle" game, "Guess the Candy Bar in the Dirty Diaper", a quiz about mom & dad and the new babes, and "Guess the circumference of Mom's belly". 

I do have to add... If you play the Baby Bottle Beer game, you might want to cut the tips off the baby bottles first!  Beer is GROSS when it comes out at a small stream!!  Plus, its tough to drink!! 

Here are the baby presents I made for the parents.  Two blankets, a travel diaper changer (I don't have a picture!), and two custom onesies. 

Thanks for looking.... You can check out more details on my blog
THIS ROCKS   Logged

myfairytalescomingtrue
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2008 10:17:16 AM »

Nice work!  Everything tied together so well!  Plus, the parents to be look thrilled!  I love the blanket and onesie.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy Store - Fantastic Fabrics at Discount Prices
http://www.JeLowe.etsy.com

My Blog
http://jelowe.blogspot.com/
rainylakechick
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2008 01:41:43 PM »

Thanks, myfairytalescomingtrue.  It was a lot of fun to plan!  And the parents-to-be couldn't believe I had made the onesie and blankets myself. 

Does anyone else get the party planning/executing downers afterwards?  The next day, I was so relieved to have finished everything, I didn't know what to do with myself! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

frix220

BRAND NEW-- frix220.etsy.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2008 10:12:47 AM »

Wow, you've done a fantastic job!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BRAND NEW-- frix220.etsy.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Understand the Power of Juxtaposition
How to Photograph Evocative Gestures
How to Create a Powerful Woodland Image
How to Photograph Texture
How to Photograph a Stranger
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Buffalo Spaghetti Squash
@Home This Weekend: Ticket Stub Shadowbox
Fishy fishy fishy...

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...