A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 296,661
Currently Running With Scissors:
519 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: TUTORIAL copy of a taggie blanket  (Read 33326 times)
Tags for this thread: taggie_blanket , tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

gardenhoe
« on: July 26, 2005 01:05:32 PM »

I made this today for my SIL. I hope she likes it. It's really easy to make, and not a lot of money either. I am going to put it in a basket along with a couple books and small toys.

Ok It's real easy to make. I used 100% cotton on one side and flannel on the other cut to .75 meter square. You can make it any size you want. Now cut up various ribbons about 3 inches long (you will want about 6 for each side so 24 all together. Take one of your squares and pin your ribbons to the RIGHT side of your fabric so they are facing in toward the middle and the raw edge of the ribbon is aligned with the raw edge of the fabric. Now place your other fabric square on top of the other one, RIGHT sides together and pin. Now sew the squares together leaving an opening so you can turn it inside out. Clip your corners and turn inside out. press really good and turn in  the raw edges of your hole. Sew closely along the edge of your blanket  and voila you are done.

Here is a smaller version I made, hopefully the pictures will make some sense Wink

Btw, my SIL loved it!
« Last Edit: January 13, 2009 12:04:16 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed pictures » THIS ROCKS   Logged
rottenlittleboys

Inspiration without application is moot.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2005 05:56:38 AM »

What are the tags for?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ysolda
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2005 06:13:01 AM »

i think they're just to give the baby something to fiddle/play with, which is stimulating and more fun for the baby
THIS ROCKS   Logged

knitting patterns and all sorts of  crafty adventures: http://ysolda.me.uk
eza_darl

I am VERY happy with the person i am n how i look

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2005 05:40:00 PM »

that is soooooooooo cute ... i love the fabric .
can you make a tute?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

when i read about the evils of drinking ... i gave up reading
msack3889
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2005 05:39:11 AM »

That's really cute.

Did you use fleece and flannel for the blanket? How big is it?

I have 3 friends who are expecting within the next several months, and I'd like to make them each one Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hockamama
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2005 06:04:57 PM »

That is soo cute!!  Please post a tutorial.  That would be the perfect thing for my niece's baby.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A work of art is the unique result of a unique temperament.
  ~Oscar Wilde

wistpinterestfacebook
mireneh

working like a dog?!?!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2005 06:32:02 PM »

My sister had one of those for her newest baby (he's one now) and he loved it.  Somewhere along the line I found a bunch of ribbon remnants on sale and had leftover fleece - well, I made one.  I was going to pass it along to a friend with a new baby........but my nephew has snagged it as his own.  I'll have to make some more!

I made mine out of fleece and it's pretty small, a little bigger than a washcloth since he never really covered up with it.  I used 2 layers of fleece and just sewed up 3 sides with various ribbons stuck in between the layers.  Then flipped it inside out (similar to making a pillow), folded under the raw edges and added the ribbons, then sewed up all around the 4 sides so none of the ribbons would come out.  Anyway, that's how I made mine and the pic looks similar (only larger).

Hope that helps and gardenhoe - your's is so cute.  Love your choice of materials and the ribbon goes so well with the theme!  I'm sure it'll be greatly appreciated!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Support your local animal shelters and be a responsible pet owner by spaying or neutering your pet.

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome is waaaay more than being tired - imagine having the flu every day, quadruple that, and that's me on a good day!  No, I did not stay up too late last night either.....
JodiRoyer
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2005 09:43:37 AM »

My best friend's nephew has one of those and he LOVES it. He won't go to sleep until he has it with it -- it's so cute haha..

It would be GREAT if you posted a tutorial on how to make one of these; my Nanny is having a baby and I want to make her one Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged
krebstar5
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2005 09:53:49 AM »

Oh, how funny!  I was thinking of making one of these for my boss who's due in January.  I'll keep an eye out for a tute. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a blog-
http://smalerie.com

Rule 1: To do rather than watch.
http://www.journeyofwill.com
doeayes
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2005 06:50:54 PM »

I have made several for all the prego's around me!!!!!

They go together easily.  What i did was to buy receiving blankets and either used two or one rec. blanket and a 30x30 piece of fleece.

The trick i learned was to just stick the ribbons in between the two layers and pin parallel to the hem of the fabric then when all the ribbons or tags were in place for that side to pin the "tags" perpendicular to the hem.

Cheers!

jeannie

p.s. i'd post the photo of one i did, but i still haven't gotten around to learning how to post pics here.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How To Take Your LBD From Day To Night
Get Summer Music Festival Makeup
Veronique Branquinho Fall 2014 Paris Fashion Week Interviews & Runway
5 Swimsuits Perfect for Any Body Type
The No-Fail Guide to Pool Party Style This Summer
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...