A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 300,901
Currently Running With Scissors:
526 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop


Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Anthropologie-inspired capelet- By julsey723  (Read 151798 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+
 
tiggy_114
« Reply #760 on: March 16, 2008 11:21:07 AM »

I too am having problems with the number of stiches.  I am trying to knit this quickly ready for my birthday night out next saturday so have no time to order circuler needles. LYS doesn't have 8 mm size ones.  I am half way through and can't possibly fit anymore stitches on my normal size needles.  Did anyone else have this problem?  Any ideas?  I thought about using 2 pairs of 8mm straight needles somehow but it's gonna be messy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
vestarita
« Reply #761 on: April 29, 2008 05:26:41 PM »

This capelet is awesome. I didn't have circular needles when I started it, so I went out and bought the Denise interchangeable needles just for this project and I'm so glad I did. Like others, this is my first knitted garment that wasn't a scarf, and it's only the second time I've knitted something that wasn't in garter stitch. I made mine with Ironstone Harmony yarn in Burgundy. I knit so tightly the yarnovers are hard to see, but I still love it. The pin was my Grandmother's, given to her by her piano teacher when she was a child.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
iamacliche
« Reply #762 on: May 15, 2008 05:18:44 PM »

n/m I figured it out  Smiley
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008 09:06:22 PM by iamacliche » THIS ROCKS   Logged
iamacliche
« Reply #763 on: May 22, 2008 07:30:21 AM »

OK, I made sure to do all the yo, om, p1, yo and I checked to make sure the stitch markers were all in the same section.  Seriously, I was really careful, but my slants are still all facing the same direction.  I've never done yo's before, so maybe that's where I went wrong.

The sleeves matched up the same throughout, but I know I made a mistake somewhere.
The first section before the first stitch marker is way too short also.
Can anyone help me figure out what I did wrong?

I'm thinking about redoing this in a looser gauge and I'd like to know where I went wrong before starting.



left


right


front


back

No they should not slant in the same direction. Each of the five sections (front, sleeve, back, sleeve, front) should be getting wider which makes the eyelets get further apart kinda like this (except with 2 eyelets at each red O). The purple is the fronts, blue is the sleeves, green is the back.

XOXXXX  XXXXOX
XXOXXX  XXXOXX
XXXOXX  XXOXXX
XXXOXXXXXOXXX
XXOXXXXXXXOXX
XOXXXXXXXXXOX

I would guess there is a problem with where you are doing the yarn overs. As you get to each marker you should:
YARNOVER BEFORE the marker
SLIP the MARKER
PURL 1
YARNOVER again

Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2008 09:38:45 AM by iamacliche » THIS ROCKS   Logged
soozeq
« Reply #764 on: May 22, 2008 11:47:17 AM »

Looks like your stitch marker might have slipped under some YOs and you did the increases on the wrong side of it. After the first row, I don't see a need for markers; it's easy to tell which is the single stitch with YOs on either side of it. You could place a pin or piece of yarn in that single stitch and just YO on either side.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sue
iamacliche
« Reply #765 on: May 23, 2008 07:58:06 AM »

Thank you for the help and the tip   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
elijor
« Reply #766 on: May 27, 2008 02:27:09 PM »

I've never done yo's before, so maybe that's where I went wrong.

I really can't see any yarnovers on your piece. You might want to check knittinghelp.com, they are on the bottom of the page of increases, to see if you are doing them correctly.

That doesn't change the problem of the increases slanting the wrong way. I agree with soozeq about the marker getting slipped out of the way. PS - next time you try - after just 2 or 3 rows it will be obvious there is a problem because the number of stitches in each section should be increasing (each front increases 1 stitch, the sleeves and the back all increase two stitches). On the one you posted it looks like the two fronts and the two sleeves increased but the back never did.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dexterchickk
« Reply #767 on: June 25, 2008 07:15:25 PM »

Just cast on for this last night with Bernat Softee Chunky in a light grey color. I had to mess with the calculations b/c of differing gauge and body measurements. This is super easy and fast! I'm making super fast progress, I just hope all calculations were correct and it fits.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
 
Jump to:  



FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search



your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Testing Geo Restrictions
Bars2.Mp4
Bars4.Mp4
Giant Artwork Viewed From The Sky
Overalls Are Back
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping




Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...






Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal
Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!

Copyright ©2003-2014, Craftster.org an Internet Brands company.