A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 297,119
Currently Running With Scissors:
576 Guests and 39 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: "sounds like home" secret music swap (sign-up closed; mail by 13 Aug)  (Read 6239 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

molsballou
« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2005 06:36:01 PM »

If the person who has me would like to use mp3 format, I've changed my mind. I mean - I've changed it such that either is fine. If you want to go with music - go for it. Or mp3 - whatever.

I've learned a lot from this project - there are a lot of really bad songs about Boston.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lupinbunny

the bunny with the loops

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2005 02:55:15 AM »

oh! i'm indifferent too. as to the format of my cd.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

NoSleep
« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2005 11:36:20 AM »

If the person who has me would like to use mp3 format, I've changed my mind. I mean - I've changed it such that either is fine. If you want to go with music - go for it. Or mp3 - whatever.

I've learned a lot from this project - there are a lot of really bad songs about Boston.

I was JUST thinking that.

Have you come across a list from the Fever Pitch soundtrack yet?  GAH!  *mind explodes*
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftydame
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

i love glitter and glitter loves me.

hi craftster! i've missed you!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #43 on: August 11, 2005 11:48:21 PM »

if the PM you sent doesn't say what kind of music they specifically don't like, does that mean they didn't say anything? because i'm REALLY hoping my partner's okay with folk/blue grass!

also, since this is my first CD swap, i'll repeat avizzius's question -

how many songs has everyone got? what's expected? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

check out my crafty blog!

i like exclamation marks.
starpiste
« Reply #44 on: August 11, 2005 11:58:54 PM »

I've got 18 on my CD and I haven't burned it yet in case I decide to add any but I feel good with that many.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lupinbunny

the bunny with the loops

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: August 12, 2005 01:22:08 AM »

i only have 12. But that was genuinely because I didn't want to repeat the same bands (too often), and there's only so many songs that sound like my town.
Actually, there was one absolutely PERFECT gem of a song; but, would you believe, i couldn't get a copy ANYWHERE! Noone i knew had a cd (not even friends of the band!) and even the cd store sold out! Not that i really wanted to buy the EP just for a single song to burn. But that's how dire the situation was!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

avizzius
« Reply #46 on: August 12, 2005 02:32:38 AM »

lupinbunny, you made me SOO glad. I have 13 songs and I spent the last hour running around my flat nervously thinking, "What to do, what to do, what more to put in that CD, oh my, oh my.". Phew. Glad that's over. Now I'll just burn the CD and..
BTW, I understand your situation completely. I also now a perfect song but.. *shy* I realised it only today and I can't seem to find it anywhere. Oh well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
acesulfamek
« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2005 06:07:01 AM »

if the PM you sent doesn't say what kind of music they specifically don't like, does that mean they didn't say anything? because i'm REALLY hoping my partner's okay with folk/blue grass! 

I will check and send you a PM. 

In general, for everybody, I did not copy out of The Spreadsheet what your partner said about preference (if anything substantive), but I did work pretty hard to match up people based on what they said.  Since you probably have similar general tastes to the person you are sending to (as much as I can tell, at least) you should just send whatever you think best represents your city, and chances are good they will like it.  Besides, doing these swaps is about expanding horizons!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Neverender
« Reply #48 on: August 12, 2005 11:14:17 AM »

Since you probably have similar general tastes to the person you are sending to (as much as I can tell, at least) you should just send whatever you think best represents your city, and chances are good they will like it.  Besides, doing these swaps is about expanding horizons!

That was a smart thing to do acesulfamek. I love hearing/getting new songs and music. I hope everyone had fun putting together their city groove tunes.

Oh and my playlist is 16 songs... just need to get that CD-R now  Roll Eyes I might take away or put on a few songs if I really feel like it. But eh. who knows
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dukeslax44
the sporty knitter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: August 12, 2005 11:27:12 AM »

Yeah I think Im going to end up with about 12 or 14... whatever number it will be even cause I'm going for kinda a symmetry thing, a day and night in my town kinda thing, just cause when I was thinking of music that reminds me of my city, day and night have very different connotations
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Everything happens for a reason??? I'm still waiting for someone to tell me the reason
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Philippa Gregory Discusses Perkin Warbeck in the White Queen
Author Rhonda Stapleton Talks About Stupid Cupid
Brad Thor Discusses the Last Patriot
The Hollow Trilogy Book Trailer
Author Isabel Gillies Discusses Her Memoir Happens Every Day
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...