A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 307,562
Currently Running With Scissors:
381 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Wood working?  (Read 14613 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

CohesiveChaos
CohesiveChaos.com

I've kissed alot of frogs - only found 1 prince

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2009 09:03:00 PM »

I'd like to see a board for woodworking stuff, alot of woodworking doesn't fit into any of the other categories but it's something I know a number of people play with and is a popular enough activity that it could have it's own board like glass crafting does. 

I know woodworking tends to be more of a male craft, but I know tons of women that do it too (you know playing with lathes, scroll saws, power saws)  It'd be the perfect place to show off those playhouses and sandboxes that get crafted for the kiddos, and the niddy noddies and lazy kates that get made for the spinners, Just general wood crafting so that we can see all the faboulous things people do with boards on the board Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

life is what you make it - make it art & make it beautiful
dragonmama
MILF-y Crafter

Retired Swapper

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2009 09:08:51 PM »

I second this! I've just started doing more woodcrafts and I love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sandandsilk.wordpress.com

wists.com/dragoneyezed
pinokeeo

You cannot master what you will not try

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2009 09:27:24 PM »

Woodworking is my craft of choice.  I've been after this idea for nearly two years.  I was told to sit down and shut up because "it ain't never gonna happen".  They claim that there are not enough woodcrafters on Craftster.  Look around, and you'll see lots of them.  They are all scattered in the miscellaneous board.

If you want to see what I've made in wood, look in the miscellaneous board, or go look in my profile.  There's lots.

If you want to further this cause, every time you see something made from wood, add a woodworking tag to it.  I think it's the only way it will ever get the attention of the powers that be.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 projects-shooting for 100--- 122 done

Just married...after 22 years of unwedded bliss.
dragonmama
MILF-y Crafter

Retired Swapper

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2009 09:39:25 PM »

Woodworking is my craft of choice.  I've been after this idea for nearly two years.  I was told to sit down and shut up because "it ain't never gonna happen".  They claim that there are not enough woodcrafters on Craftster.  Look around, and you'll see lots of them.  They are all scattered in the miscellaneous board.

If you want to see what I've made in wood, look in the miscellaneous board, or go look in my profile.  There's lots.

If you want to further this cause, every time you see something made from wood, add a woodworking tag to it.  I think it's the only way it will ever get the attention of the powers that be.

Thats a very good idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wists.com/dragoneyezed
sweets4ever
The Craftster Admin
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2009 10:25:32 PM »

Merging. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Do more of what makes you happy.
dragonmama
MILF-y Crafter

Retired Swapper

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2009 10:29:07 PM »

This is another board I came in here to request  Grin

I think it would work quite well together with this request http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=39868.0 for a metalsmithing board.

Wood and metalwork sounds like a school class  Cheesy

Old post. Good idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wists.com/dragoneyezed
pinokeeo

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2009 07:16:13 PM »

I'd still like to see this happen.  I'd write a tutorial for power tools.  I'd even moderate it, if it came down to that.

I know there are lots of woodworkers, woodturners, woodburners, and woodcarvers on this website.  I've seen your work.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

aliengrace
« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2009 10:29:58 PM »

The first place I came to learn stuff about woodworking was here as it seems to be the place for all jewellery making... but naiively as it turns out - there's only "women's" jewellery crafts here. Guess I'd better stick to the "male" forums then... besides, with crafts, often what it takes inspiration and support and help to get someone into it - and "male" woodworking forums are full of lotsa-lotsa-tools-money, overly fancy terminology, and oneupmanship - not necessarily that conducive to the absolute noob, especially women.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinokeeo

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2009 06:51:58 AM »

Most woodworking websites are tailored to the seasoned woodworker.  They are not for anyone who wants to learn something new, or further your skills.  They are simply for bragging rights.

The thing about craftster that drew me in to begin with, was that there are seasoned crafters and newbies in just about every medium.  It's a place for learning and sharing.  But that does not apply to woodworking.  It is assumed that if you are a woodworker, you already know what you are doing.  This is not always the case. 

There are so many different aspects of woodworking that it's a field all by itself.  There's woodburning, woodcarving, woodturning, and general woodworking.  If you wanted to get real specific, even furniture making has its own subdivisions.  There are people who do nothing but chairs.  Others for whom twig furniture is their chosen specialty.  There are also folks out there who do nothing but outdoor art.  And there are others who  never make anything bigger than a breadbox.

If you want to know anything about woodworking, and you can't find it on this forum, PM me.  We'll start our own thread.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweets4ever
The Craftster Admin
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2009 11:49:17 AM »

Good info, pinokeeo!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Do more of what makes you happy.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2016: Kitty Floss Holders
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2016: DIY Dryer Sheets
@Home This Weekend: Coffee Cozies

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...