A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 309,349
Currently Running With Scissors:
407 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: TONS OF STENCILING TUTORIALS from an experienced stenciler.  (Read 38497 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

medusaorange
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2005 07:25:58 AM »

ah finally it showed more than font pic now. Smiley maybe the internet is just being a silly today.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dooney
Remnants are a girl's best friend.

Wiggle eyes make my world go 'round.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2005 01:01:12 PM »

I've always used Paint Shop Pro because that's what my family had on our computer, but I never knew about that custom shape thing in Photoshop. That's amazing. I searched for it on PSP but the best it's got is custom brush, and your image can only be 255x255 which sucks, and the result is not nearly as clear as in Photoshop.
I WANT I WANT I WANT. My husband's a big fan of Photoshop, and I think he's got it on our computer at home. I'll have to check that out. Unfortunately, we don't have a printer or the Internet at home (I'm at my parents' house).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

seethesky
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2005 01:22:29 PM »

I've always used Paint Shop Pro because that's what my family had on our computer, but I never knew about that custom shape thing in Photoshop. That's amazing. I searched for it on PSP but the best it's got is custom brush, and your image can only be 255x255 which sucks, and the result is not nearly as clear as in Photoshop.
I WANT I WANT I WANT. My husband's a big fan of Photoshop, and I think he's got it on our computer at home. I'll have to check that out. Unfortunately, we don't have a printer or the Internet at home (I'm at my parents' house).

Yeah I used to use PSP before I knew about Photoshop...i could never never go back...ugh I hate that program haha
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Look, there.
Now.
Now.
Now.[/b]
tagurity
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2005 01:25:33 PM »

Part of your tutorial I found here:

http://www.sindominio.net/afe/dos_mediactivismo/stencil.jpg

Did you borrow it from there or is it a weird coincidence?

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kati
seethesky
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2005 01:27:05 PM »

Part of your tutorial I found here:

http://www.sindominio.net/afe/dos_mediactivismo/stencil.jpg

Did you borrow it from there or is it a weird coincidence?

I borrowed it, but I got it from stencil revolution...whoever made that other one probably got it from SR also.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Look, there.
Now.
Now.
Now.[/b]
marta000

Crafting when I can.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2005 01:20:20 PM »

Thanks for all of the information.  This will help someone inexperienced (me!) a lot.  I always get confused about whether to cut the black parts of the image out or the rest of it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Quinston
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2005 01:55:40 PM »

Can you help?  I've made a really cute t-shirt with Emily the Strange and her four cats.  I used some fabric paint that was a little bit thick so when I tried to heat set it it is sticking to the pressing cloth and lifting off of the shirt.  Darn!  Why didn't I thin that paint?   I'm wondering if I put the shiny side of freezer paper on it if that would stick less?  Anyone ever have this happen or have a suggestion?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
StormInk
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2005 04:55:32 AM »

Had to register for this... great tutorial. I was just wondering... the paints section didnt really show brand names or whatever... Do you know any good spray paint brand names and some uhh non-spray paint (or whatever you call normal paints in the jugs or whatever) thingy brand names?

Hope that made some sense... I also read the stencil stuff at SR but this one is sooo cool too.

Thanks very much!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
something_wierd
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

I like pointy things.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2005 07:19:45 AM »

Had to register for this... great tutorial. I was just wondering... the paints section didnt really show brand names or whatever... Do you know any good spray paint brand names and some uhh non-spray paint (or whatever you call normal paints in the jugs or whatever) thingy brand names?

Hope that made some sense... I also read the stencil stuff at SR but this one is sooo cool too.

Thanks very much!

I just use regular old acrylic paint with textile medium, but I guess screenprinting ink (speedball)  is the best.  I use apple barrel colors from wal-mart. 

<---is a poor college student.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Polymer Clay Challenge #2 has a winner, RobbinZombie!  her entry was The Kraken  She will receive a prize from Persephone Rose!
dooney
Remnants are a girl's best friend.

Wiggle eyes make my world go 'round.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2005 07:27:14 AM »

i love my speedball ink. i bought black, white, red, and blue. i haven't used the red yet. the only problem i have with it is the white. i can't get it to coat without a couple of layers, and then it's thick, so it cracks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw a Person Sitting Down
How to Draw What You Really See
How to Draw Flowers
How to Draw Angel Wings
How to Do a Graffiti Marker
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Mother's Day Fridge Clip
Robin crafts! Hello spring!
I Scream, You Scream...

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...