A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 302,968
Currently Running With Scissors:
462 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Wedding Decorations  (Read 1424 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

memememe
« on: July 24, 2005 08:35:09 PM »

I managed to pull off a wedding in June after I landed myself in a wheelchair in May!  Don't mind the most terrible picture of me - it was raining and about 90 degrees that day.  I had a very small budget to work with ($400) - so let me know what you think.

This first one is a terrible shot of me with the two large arrangements at the front and you can kind of see the pew arrangements I did on the sides.  The pillars really helped to make the arrangements stand out and then I just purchased some sheer white curtains that were on sale to drape around them for additional umph.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/nmstvns/detail?.dir=ac99&.dnm=f7e6.jpg

This is a closer picture of the pew arrangements - they were very easy to put together

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/nmstvns/detail?.dir=/ac99&.dnm=def0.jpg&.src=ph

This is the receptions hall - it wasn't very attractive -  I had planned on building these 8 foot screens covered in white material that would have went around the room and had accent colors draped on them (orange and silver).  As you can guess I ran out of time with my gimp leg and all, but maybe the next wedding I do I will have them done!  All the flowers were artificial except the little potted ones which were the favors for the guests.  The vases did have water in them because they all had a goldfish swimming around inside!  Very fun and lots of excited comments from the guests!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/nmstvns/detail?.dir=/ac99&.dnm=eaed.jpg&.src=ph

These were the smaller arrangements which were on the side tables - they also had goldfish in the bottom part - you can barely see the one in this picture if you look close.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/nmstvns/detail?.dir=/ac99&.dnm=fc70.jpg&.src=ph

This was the lovely cake my mother made!  They wanted the stairs and fountain, so we tried to update it a bit by flower placement and also had the figure standing down at the bottom instead of on the top.  It turned out very nice.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/nmstvns/detail?.dir=/ac99&.dnm=d414.jpg&.src=ph
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/nmstvns/detail?.dir=/ac99&.dnm=fe28.jpg&.src=ph

The next wedding we will have chair covers made and actual silverware and china to set the tables with.  We are going to try and have some of the screens finished to use too.  I amm really excited about the upcoming events - I hope you all will let me know what you think!  Thanks!

ps - sorry about the links but I couldn't get the images to insert the right way.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The Struggle Is My Life"
Nelson Mandela
lucy_anne21
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2005 09:27:15 PM »

I LOVE the pew arrangements.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
beara0034
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2005 07:14:52 AM »

I agree - love the pew arrangements!

I'm going to be married soon, and my boyfriend and I are on a tiny budget. (read: we're poor college students)  Your beautiful work on a small budget is a great inspiration to me!

And I love the goldfish!   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
RosiePosie
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2005 10:14:25 AM »

You did an amazing job on such a small budget! I love your colors too, orange is my favorite color.
Were those real flowers or silk? I had a hard time telling!
--Rosie
THIS ROCKS   Logged
memememe
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2005 05:58:42 PM »

The flowers were all silk, foam, or latex.  I just made sure to purchase everything on sale and actually had someone get me in to a place called the flower factory.  I just started doing weddings with my mom - so this being my first (beside my own), and on such a tight budget was a fun adventure.  I'm glad you all liked them - and just remember if you are on a budget, buy a little at a time!  It really pays off in the end.  Find out everyone that will be able to give you a discount or help you out in any area you can.  I was able to find someone that owned a restaraunt that used actual linen tablecloths, and they were able to rent me the tablecloths much cheaper through their company than anyone else I could find!  Talk to people who know people - it always works out best that way.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The Struggle Is My Life"
Nelson Mandela
binny
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2005 07:34:41 AM »

It looks good!  I like the goldfish in the bottoms of the table arrangements.  And the idea of buying sheer curtains is awesome, sometimes you'll find things like that on super sale that you just can't pass up. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Rock Out With Cotton Candy-Colored Hair This Summer
Hairapy Ep 105: Jennifer
How to Get a Red Carpet Ready Hairdo
Hair How to: Top Knot Hairstyle
Simple Blow-Dry Steps for Voluminous Hair
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...