A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 298,691
Currently Running With Scissors:
436 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: crafty flowers!!...now with tutorial!  (Read 2896 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mortimer_frog
« on: July 24, 2005 04:22:47 PM »

i was on a tight budget seeing that i only get an allowance & i dont have a job....& i didnt have any money left to by my mom a bithday present so i decided to make these! i put them in a bottle i got that looks old and then tired on some left over ribbon from another project ...the second flower on the right isnt as good and you can see the thread because its green ...not sure why i used that color?

close up of the flower on the left

im not going to post a picture of the other one so you cant see my mistake  Roll Eyes

as asked...this is the tutorial

here is what you will need:
tacky glue
florial tape & wires
fabric of your choice
interfacing..or anyother product that makes the flower stiffer
thread
buttons

first...iron on the interfacing to the fabric and cut out 6 2 inch tall pedels in a tear drop shape..and six that are 2 1/2 in. tall. make sure that the fabric is doubled over before cutting the in all 12 pedals...

next sew the two sides of the pedal together or if you dont have a sewing machine you can glue the sides together with tacky glue....

next thread your needle and you might even have to double it up because when pulling tight it can break....
first gather all the 2 inch pedals together ...start with one and put the needle up through the left bottom side of the pedal and back down through the right bottom side...do the same to all the same size pedals

now pull them tight....

now do this to all the 2 1/2 pedals

next take one florial wire and stick it throught the button hole and back down through the one across from it and pull all the way through

now twist the two wires together...

now..put the 2inch pedals on top of the 2 1/2 pedals so that the holes in the middle match up ....and stick the wire end through...so that the button rests on the top of the pedals... now put some tacky glue on the back of the button and press the fabric against it..

last take the florial tape and wrap around the wire....let the glue dry and wala! your finished!

thats it.... i hope it makes since...feel free to ask if you have any questions

« Last Edit: July 25, 2005 06:39:09 PM by mortimer_frog » THIS ROCKS   Logged

make it the latest trend, then abandon it, and start a new one, make it an over heated sewing machine at 3 a.m make it transform a pile of scrap fabric into a next level handbag. Make it sparkle. make it somthing you will call a statement, but youll just call another random tuesday
honorhappy
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2005 06:04:53 PM »

I think that's really cute, and better than regular fake flowers.  Can you post a tutorial?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mortimer_frog
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2005 06:06:20 PM »

sure! ....il post it as soon as i can
THIS ROCKS   Logged

make it the latest trend, then abandon it, and start a new one, make it an over heated sewing machine at 3 a.m make it transform a pile of scrap fabric into a next level handbag. Make it sparkle. make it somthing you will call a statement, but youll just call another random tuesday
crochet hooker12
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2005 09:16:22 AM »

Those are so awesome. I would die from happiness if a guy brought me anything like those on a date. I would just DIE.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Mowing your lawn is against nature!" Rufus' response to Rev. Sheldon's comment about homosexuality being against nature
cnds1992
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2005 09:52:13 AM »

Those are too cute. I am going to try and make some of these to embellish my totes and things.

Dana
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mortimer_frog
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2005 10:06:08 AM »

OH OH OH!!! thats a great idea!!!! i never evn thought of that!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jesintexas

a very large poodle, indeed...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2005 07:00:36 PM »

Those are so adorable.  Much better looking than the silk flowers you can purchase.  I'm going to have to give those a try.  Thanks for the tutorial!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mortimer_frog
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2005 10:13:45 PM »

thanks! i hope the tutorial makes since Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

JaneGtar
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2005 10:36:35 PM »

that smiling sun fabric is so cute... makes me happy Smiley haha
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i <3 j... and penguins!

my spot on the web: http://www.geocites.com/penguininthesun
mortimer_frog
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2005 04:14:31 PM »

me to! i love it...i made a purse out of it ....but now i wish i had more  Cry
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
3 Meals That Will Bring You Luck in the New Year
Double Popper Grilled Cheese Sandwich Recipe
What to Do with the Holiday Leftovers?
Ham and Mushroom Pasta Bake Recipe
Slow-Cooker Pear and Apple Butter Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Challenge #104 Halloween Costume Winner
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...