A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 300,945
Currently Running With Scissors:
378 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: bookmark swap no. 2!  (Read 5932 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

The Meow Wont Purr
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Valerian Aquarian

All Is Full Of Love

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2005 02:30:29 PM »

and the third is from BklynGal (Reads: You say bitch like it's a bad thing) it's never bad!

AAAAH THAT IS THE COOLEST BOOKMARK!! And that is very true. It is NEVER bad.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"To be matter of fact about the world is to blunder into fantasy -- and dull fantasy at that, as the real world is strange and wonderful." --Robert A. Heinlein
kiki*eks
"Alis volat propiis"

if i'm online i am procrastinating

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2005 12:06:54 AM »

I received my last two bookmarks yesterday--thanks to all! left to right: the meow wont purr, dreamisle, kiki_eks

Good to see you got your bookmark in one piece ~K
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Pink Ladies Pledge is to act cool, to look cool and to be cool, till death do us part, Think Pink!
kat_penguino

I'm a noble rabbit

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2005 12:43:18 AM »

Here are the three fabulous bookmarks I received
THIS ROCKS   Logged

princessandthebead
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2005 08:30:25 AM »

I have gotten all 3 of my bookmarks!!  The first one is from Flareon.  It is a lavender tatted bookmark and I am just in love with it!!  So delicate and pretty and all the girls at work want one.  You went to alot of trouble doing that for me and I will treasure it.

The second one is a cat bookmark and it was made by bookwormby.  It is cat is wearing a tiara!  The back of the bookmark reads *It's not easy being the princess but if the CROWN fits...* Then there is a stamped crown on the back.  I know you do not know me bookwormby but OMG...it is just like me. You know me being a princess and all.

The third one is from dukeslax44.  It is an elegant beige knitted bookmark.  I love it and am already using it in my Bible.  I have always wanted to knit and am just too busy to do it.  You have given me something that I cannot do.

Thank you to all 3 of you.  I LOVE them all and they are all very special to me in 3 different ways!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a Sharpie addiction.  eemmm...In Fact, I am the President of the Sharpie relocation program. 
Newest addiction....PINCUSHIONS!!
I love personal swaps!

My wist:  http://www.wists.com/princessandthebead

I collect business cards and would LOVE to add yours to my collection!  Email me!
bookwormbry

Dressing the world, one dog at a time

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2005 11:26:25 AM »

The second one is a cat bookmark and it was made by bookwormby.  It is cat is wearing a tiara!  The back of the bookmark reads *It's not easy being the princess but if the CROWN fits...* Then there is a stamped crown on the back.  I know you do not know me bookwormby but OMG...it is just like me. You know me being a princess and all.

Hehe, well, i guessed from your username and profile pic that you were probably a princess. i am a princess too, so i guess it's princess intuition?? Smiley plus, the picture of the cat was just too darn cute not to use. glad you like it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Flareon
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2005 01:33:47 PM »

Here are the lovely bookmarks I received:

The top left is from Avian Flight, an adorable love potion "bottle" featuring Pepe and Penelope.  I can tell the effort put into incorporating my preferences, and I totally appreciate that.  It makes me smile everytime I look at it. 

The top right is from Princessandthebead, and I love all the different little beads!  *whispers* I was secretly hoping for a bookthong and now I got my wish.   Smiley

The bottom (sorry it's sideways) is from Kat penguino made from a record cover, which is such a cool and original idea.   

Thanks to all my partners. 

Edited: to resize much-too-large picture
« Last Edit: July 27, 2005 02:29:15 PM by Flareon » THIS ROCKS   Logged
princessandthebead
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2005 01:46:38 PM »

I am glad you liked it Flareon!  I used some of the beads that I used on your anklet!  I love crafting for you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a Sharpie addiction.  eemmm...In Fact, I am the President of the Sharpie relocation program. 
Newest addiction....PINCUSHIONS!!
I love personal swaps!

My wist:  http://www.wists.com/princessandthebead

I collect business cards and would LOVE to add yours to my collection!  Email me!
Bobolink
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Note the knitting pirate chalk bag!

I hate it when rocks eat my head

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2005 03:50:32 PM »

Here are the great bookmarks that I got:

The one on the left is from Bookwormbry and says on the back: "A bird does not sing because it has an answer it sings because it has a song- Chinese proverb" She either did some research to see I love birds on was very lucky- either way awesome  Smiley
The middle one is the book thong from Princessandthebead that I was raving about.
The one on the right is a really cool image cut from a vintage record cover, from Kat Penguino. I love that it's a piece of history. Kat-penguino do you know the name of the record by any chance?
And just cause I'm a dork I'm going to show a close up of the bookmark I sent to Kat-penguino that she showed above cause I want to show off the lace, just cause it took me soooo long. It's made with hemp.
Also Kat, if it's too soft it can be starched or blocked in a glue solution, I left it floppy though cause I kind of liked it that way.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/Bobolink
Sorry I've been absent! Can't wait to chill with you all again Smiley
Anyone want to swap alphabet ATCs?
kat_penguino

I'm a noble rabbit

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2005 04:40:19 PM »

Bobolink: It isn't too soft, I love it the way it is. I don't actually remember what record it was....I used the rest of it to make a journal, and that journal was sent to www.oldegarage.com for consignment. So....maybe it will be up soon and you'll be able to see? Sorry, I go through a lot of record covers and don't always remember what I use.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dreamisle
ATCs are great!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2005 09:48:46 AM »

These are all so awesome, but I especially like the tatted ones (I'm a bit jealous actually!) Keep up the good work and pray that your bookmarks should arrive soon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Handmade Paper
Library Due Date Card ATCs
I make handmade paper! PM me for trades!
I made a Pillow!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Lorna Byrne Discusses Her Book A Message of Hope from the Angels
Martin Leicht and Isla Neal on the Inspiration Behind "Mothership"
Mark Nepo on His Book "Seven Thousand Ways to Listen"
Susannah Cahalan on Her Book "Brain on Fire: My Month of Madness"
Sheryl Brady Presents Her Book "You Have It In You"
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...