A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 298,787
Currently Running With Scissors:
662 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: bookmark swap no. 2!  (Read 5882 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

allfalldown
« on: July 24, 2005 02:38:49 PM »

well, i figured i'd start a gallery for this! 

i got all three of my bookmarks, and i'll take pictures within the next couple of days.

here are the bookmarks i sent out:

they are all made of two layers of felt and ribbon, and the last two have seed beads sewn on them on one side.

i sent the last two to kat_penguino and ohmyword, who said they didn't care what they got.  i sent the first to avian flight, who said she liked tiger striped cats.  i also didn't put any beads on hers because she said she didn't want thick bookmarks, and it was getting pretty thick already.

i hope you all like them!
« Last Edit: July 24, 2005 02:40:48 PM by allfalldown » THIS ROCKS   Logged
CatyX
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2005 03:11:23 PM »

Wow, I love those *guilty face* mine arent that great.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
sleepywalkin
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2005 05:48:27 AM »

so pretty!
i've GOT to join round three.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

we are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars - oscar wilde
CatyX
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2005 07:29:15 AM »

I got 2 amazing bookmarks in the post this morning, one from Tracey (darkest faerie) and 1 from shairi (who I think is, NVA though there wasnt a crftster-y name anywhere...)

Sadly I am scanner and camera-less at the minute but I will get pics as soon as possible if not you will certasinly be getting a description.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2005 08:01:21 AM by CatyX » THIS ROCKS   Logged
bookwormbry

Dressing the world, one dog at a time

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2005 11:17:39 AM »

I got the last two bookmarks today, so here's pictures of all three!

This one is from dukeslax44, an awesome knit bookmark.

and it has little holes near the top for two pens!

then this one from flareon, (i love your handwriting!) i love it!! my mom couldn't believe you made it.

and this one from the meow wont purr, (great handwriting too!) i loved how you put your username in the return address label! it's made of sparkly vinyl, like 50s diner seats, lol, i love it!!

thanks swap partners!! and if you got a bookmark from me and want a picture posted, let me know. great swap!

ETA: i almost forgot, the meow wont purr sent me two bookmarks, she also sent me a red (my fav color!) one with a thoreau quote. i forgot to take a picture, oops!
« Last Edit: July 25, 2005 11:34:30 AM by bookwormbry » THIS ROCKS   Logged
NVA
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2005 11:45:46 AM »

I got 2 amazing bookmarks in the post this morning, one from Tracey (darkest faerie) and 1 from shairi (who I think is, NVA though there wasnt a crftster-y name anywhere...)

Sadly I am scanner and camera-less at the minute but I will get pics as soon as possible if not you will certasinly be getting a description.

You're right. I'm sorry I should have put my crasfter name somewhere. I'll remember that next time. I'm glad you like the bookmark!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Bobolink
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Note the knitting pirate chalk bag!

I hate it when rocks eat my head

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2005 04:34:56 PM »

Padray recieved my bookmark and doesn't have a digital camera, so I'll post for her.

The bookworm is knitted and the chain is crocheted- and to the other people I sent to there is really no similarity at all between my three bookmarks so don't worry, I'm not giving anything away Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/Bobolink
Sorry I've been absent! Can't wait to chill with you all again Smiley
Anyone want to swap alphabet ATCs?
NVA
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2005 09:27:40 PM »

I've recieved all my bookmarks on the same day (I'm such a lucky dame)!

The first (from the left) is from Reverend_Kayla (and yes I do like it),

the second is from Kiki_eks (Reads: Because sometimes it just feels good to BITCH) I think it feels good all the time,

and the third is from BklynGal (Reads: You say bitch like it's a bad thing) it's never bad!

Here's the envelope and the label from Kiki_eks:

Thanks ladies! I love them all dearly!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fadeawaydream
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2005 10:01:36 AM »

I received my last two bookmarks yesterday--thanks to all!

left to right: the meow wont purr, dreamisle, kiki_eks
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dukeslax44
the sporty knitter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2005 12:21:15 PM »

I just received my last bookmarks today so here are pictures of all of them... THey are all soooo awesome!!! This was such a great 1st swap!!!

These are from CraftyZary and are sooo pretty in my favorite colors!! The first is a really pretty lime green fabric with a print of girls that all have pink on them! THe second is my initial in glitter on lime green felt!

This is from Avian Flight and it has my name in lime green and pink Smiley and has pictures of my favorite animated characters ( I love animation I am an Animation major in college Smiley )

And last, but certainly not least!! These I got today from ducktapediva and they are gorgeous, the first has an Indian theme and reminds me of one of my good friends who is from India who I hardly get to see anymore and the second has an Asian theme which I love sooo much.... I don't know how she knew because I don't think I put it in my info but I love all things Asian and have all my life... my cousins lived in Japan and ever since I was little they would bring back beautiful Asian inspired craft items for me to make and enjoy.... I even have a Japanese Kanji tatooed on my back! I love it!!

(edited b/c one of my pics didnt work... I think i fixed it tho)
PS Sorry for the crappy pics... I kinda took em in a hurry... if i get teh chance I will post better ones!)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2005 12:25:35 PM by dukeslax44 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Everything happens for a reason??? I'm still waiting for someone to tell me the reason
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Advent Of Web 2.0
How to Create Color Schemes From the Color Wheel
How to Understand Colors for Home Decorating
Photo Retouching and Compositing Examples
How to use ADT Architectural Desktop Wall Cleanup Priorities
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Sherlock Matchbox
@Home This Weekend: Bottlecap Magnets
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...