A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,729
Currently Running With Scissors:
685 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pagan/Wiccan etc swap gallery!!  (Read 7927 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Miss_westenra
« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2005 12:07:30 PM »

I'm so glad you liked everying Miss_Westenra.  The necklace glass marbles were made from a picture of Persephone.  The only real clue is that she's eating a pomagranate in the center marble.  The magnets are various goddess figures that I thought looked nice. Smiley

You are lucky with your roommate.  I didn't fair so well when I was in college and it was tense at times.  But then again I did learn valuable things about human nature as well that semester.

Hmm, yes, I was wondering what was going on in the pics on the necklace. I saw a mouth...well, I love it all, whatever it is. Those magnets are AWESOME. I heart picture marbles.

I was so afraid that I would get a bible-thumping uber-Christian, so I feel very fortunate for who I got. I can imagine how bad things could have gotten. At least it was a learning experience and nothing horrible happened to you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My alarm clock still holds a grudge from the time I threw it at the wall

I etsy: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=14762
I wist: http://www.wists.com/NaphthalineRiver
I blog: http://tinaisnoacronym.blogspot.com/
I am down for personal swaps!
Rakuette
i make pottery!

i <3 midtown

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2005 03:06:46 PM »

Okay, the pictures! I did this as mainly a Yule-ish altar, as Erica said she liked purple, I had a ton of purple fabric kickin around, and purple doesn't seem very Samhain to me:) So yeah....

This one shot is of everything -- some of the things were bought,like candles and so on, so I didn't take individual pics of them:) I included some shells and stuff, cuz I'm right on the ocean, and I think that they're super cool. One of them is an oyster shell that has the lid, so it makes a little box -- I found a few of these at the beach at the camp I was at this August, and I thought of this swap right away!

These two are of the same item - the offering bowl is reversable, with purple fabric on one side, and silvery on the other, with my fav silvery beads on the top.  Inside one shot is a peice of raw jade that I picked up - it's BC jade, so even though it's not really a Yule-ish stone, it's still cool

Ooh, le chalice. I just decorated a goblet I found, with ribbons and beads in the colour scheme:). They're attached with a larks head knot, so the ribbons can be switched for different sabbats, too.

Here's the altar cloth I made to (hopefully!) fit one of Rakuette's altars -- silver top and purple aprony bit. I also made a pillow cover, that fits on a standard sitzed bed pillow, of matching fabric, but forgot to take a pic.

Stars and Sun decorations : I love these beaded things; I made them with my Girl Guides in the spring, and made some for this because I love them so much:) They're more symbollic of the sabbat -- longest night of the year, with stars in the sky, and the sun growing in strength after the night.

And then I sent two items that aren't really altar items:

A set of runes, made out of rocks I picked up at the beach in the nights leading up to a full moon:)
 The markings aren't actually that bright; they're reflecting off the flash:). And then a brown satiny bag to keep them in.

And last but not least, a drawstring bag for her tarot cards, featuring a pic of Athena I found online, embroidered onto purple taffeta with silver thread, with silver lining (This is my most favorite fabric ever -- I have about 8 yards of it I scored at a going out of business sale, and am going to make a victorian outfit with it:) I hope you liked it, Rakuette!) I think that this is one my favorite swap items!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! I love everything! You took so much special time and energy to make it all. I feel very special. Thank you again!
Erica
oh I also ment to say I am changing my altar tomorrow (the 13- My birthday)! so I can put all of my new goodies on it. I put the stars and sun in my car. 2 are hanging from my ceiling and one on my turn signal lever. Yay!! Thank You Thank You!!!
« Last Edit: July 06, 2006 12:37:30 PM by kategirl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

personal blog- http://rakuette.blogspot.com/
my stuff for sale- http://Rakuette.etsy.com
365 craft- http://365craft.blogspot.com
365 clay- http://365clay.blogspot.com

i would like to be a swap angel
a) it's a good thing to do
b) i have 5 swaps from 3 years ago that i
would like to make up
PixieSkull
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Glittery Macabre

Nat 20! Woot!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2005 09:03:03 AM »

Am I the only one left to receive?

Super geek, did the package get returned or stolen? If so, I'm going to hunt down the delivery person that screwed up. Luck in sending = not so good.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*My Etsy Shop*~
I'm a level 9 rouge, b***h!
I do personal swaps!
super geek

"She does it at mealtimes, in the loo..."

KnitWhore

« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2005 04:21:18 PM »

It got returned.  Never fear, it is repackaged and awaiting delay.  PLease, PLEASE accept my utmost appoligies.  I am horrible.  I hate myself.  I'm sorry.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Just  because you've got the emotional range of a teaspoon doesn't mean we all have"

I'm back!  Older, wiser, and better at crafting Smiley.
PixieSkull

Glittery Macabre

Nat 20! Woot!

« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2005 10:37:36 PM »

Don't worry so much, I had my package to Andi sent back from Canadian customs so I totally understand. Nice to see the system didn't eat it. I'm wishing the package a safe delivery.

No worries, content and happy and all that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*My Etsy Shop*~
I'm a level 9 rouge, b***h!
I do personal swaps!
boarderchic
« Reply #45 on: November 27, 2005 01:58:42 AM »

What are the chances of a round 3??  I'm really sorry I missed this.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Homemade Cadbury Creme Eggs for Easter
4-Ingredient Flourless Chocolate Cake Recipe
Light and Flavorful Tahini Cookies Recipes
7 Ways You Can Make Macarons Even Cuter
Celebrate National Peach Cobber Day With This Delicious Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
October 2, 2014 Featured Projects
Spotlight on: Washi Tape
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...