A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,144
Currently Running With Scissors:
396 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: DO NOT USE THESE PEOPLE TO HOST YOUR WEBSITE  (Read 2740 times)
Tags for this thread: webhosting  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

tammyt2u
« on: July 24, 2005 06:26:58 AM »

Hi all-

I just wanted to relay an experience with a horrible web hoster. www.bumblebeeworks.com is a total sham.  They have horrible customer service and even though it clearly states on their website that if you are unsatisfied, you will receive a refund, I have been arguing with them for weeks.  I accidentally paid too much via Pal Pal and they won't refund the difference. I have cancelled my site with them and am having problems with them signing off on it so I can host somewhere else.

It is a small "Mom and Pop" webhosting service, that I thought I would get great service from since they weren't Yahoo or a big faceless company.  In fact, the woman who handles customer service is nothing but mean and unprofessional.  I suggest www.1and1.com  I use them for another business and it has been great.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BLESS7
Napptural Expressions

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2005 03:43:48 PM »

I'm sorry you had such a horrible experience.  Cry

I use 1and1 too and they are great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Napptural Expressions Handmade Greetings and Handcrafted Gifts.

Are the candles you're burning making you sick?  Here's a healthier way to burn.
teraspawn
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2005 04:28:40 AM »

thanks for the heads-up!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

liquidblackout

Kat fell from a height of nine floors (=^-^=)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2005 05:14:34 PM »

www.kijit.com is really awesome! I absolutely love them to death!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://liquidblackout.livejournal.com
http://www.myspace.com/liquidblackout
http://www.xanga.com/liquidblackout

~If you visit, please let your prescence be known and introduce yourself! Thank you!
jennamaphur
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2005 10:35:15 PM »

ooh i've had bad experiences with a hosting company before, i've found that some of them have extremely bad customer service and when i needed help, just gave me some copy and paste instruction then it turns out it's their forms that had a bug...very unprofessional!

i forgot how, but i stumbled onto this local (well local for me at least, I'm in vancouver canada) that had pretty good prices plus it was in canadian dollars (that's a plus for me).  anyway, i signed up for a year plan in their "hosting asylum" page.  basically you bitch about the last provider and what they did wrong, and you get 3 free months. they've been really good for me thus far.

they're at: http://www.atomicmedia.ca

oh and their "hosting asylum" is here:
http://www.atomicmedia.ca/atomic-media-small-business-services-hosting-asylum.php

(i hope the links work...if not pls copy and paste if you're interested)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jaami
was born with roses in her eyes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2005 03:31:38 AM »

not to sound rude, but sometimes bigger companies like yahoo or dreamhost are going to give your money's worth when it comes to service and "product", if you will.

small mom and pop type hosts are definitely NOT the way to go. these are people who blatantly rip innocent and trusting people off and can find ways about not refunding money that is not rightfully theirs.

a word to the wise, just as a kind reminder, DO NOT use mom and pop internet!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've been away from the site going through lots of medical testing. If I have not wrote you or mailed something, please understand that my concerns right now are my health and I will send things asap!

Please DO NOT COPY the toys, drawings or stickers I make. They're copyrighted!
teraspawn
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2005 05:33:39 AM »

I suppose it depends.  Sometimes the customer service would be much, much better with a Mom-and-pop type firm, but there are scammers out there.  I use atspace.com and the hosting is very good and reliable, but I've heard that the customer service is abysmal (fortunately, I've never needed to ask about anything!).  M&Ps might be more expensive, but more friendly.  I don't know why, but it feels like crafting websites and M&P go together, it's the working-together atmosphere that is all over the crafting community.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tenika
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2005 09:26:07 PM »

i could tell right away that they weren't up to par when THEIR OWN SITE doesn't load right away on my cable connection!  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

[ Tenika M. ]
Scarlet Beautiful. nifty tees for sale.
http://www.scarletbeautiful.com
wist list
jaami
was born with roses in her eyes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2005 01:13:55 AM »

i could tell right away that they weren't up to par when THEIR OWN SITE doesn't load right away on my cable connection!  Tongue

hahaha that's hilarious
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've been away from the site going through lots of medical testing. If I have not wrote you or mailed something, please understand that my concerns right now are my health and I will send things asap!

Please DO NOT COPY the toys, drawings or stickers I make. They're copyrighted!
vala_amaris
Vala Queen of TMI

I'm kinda nuts but really sweet!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2005 07:40:22 AM »

small mom and pop type hosts are definitely NOT the way to go. these are people who blatantly rip innocent and trusting people off and can find ways about not refunding money that is not rightfully theirs.

a word to the wise, just as a kind reminder, DO NOT use mom and pop internet!

I used to own a small hosting business and we provided great service for our customers.  90% of my business was word of mouth from other happy clients.  I never ripped anyone off or kept money that wasn't mine.

Every type of business is going to have some buttheads and scammers, you shouldn't generalize the whole thing and tell people never to use small businesses.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Do a Prom Ponytail
How to Do a Side Ponytail
How to Style a Bob Haircut
How to Volumize Hair
How to Crimp Hair with a Flat Iron
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...