A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 302,600
Currently Running With Scissors:
689 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: handmade wedding invites  (Read 5369 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

alicesonmarie
« on: July 23, 2005 02:27:44 PM »

these are the invitations i made for my sister as her wedding present. i was inspired by pippa cloud http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=21565.0 . i order the backings from paper-source.com and the paper from kinkos. the ribbon came from a big ribbon sale at micheals. the flower is a columbine which is the colorado state flower (which is where my sister lives and is getting married) the front image i found on a google image search and altered on photshop and the rsvp image i drew. the quote is shakespere it actually is not romantic in the context of the play but fits very well by itself.

rsvp: (i blurred my sister's address assuming she would not wanted it posted on the internet)

and a map we stuck in last minute:
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rebecky1982
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2005 05:45:12 PM »

Everything looks amazing, very professional. Your sister is very lucky to have a sister like you. The purples look good, just the perfect amount of purple. The fonts you used also go very well together.    Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
brownsugar13
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2005 07:19:35 PM »

It looks so professional! Grin Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
beara0034
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2005 07:21:47 AM »

Wow! Love those!  The structure of them is great, with the different pages.  Very nice job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alacarte
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2005 12:05:29 PM »

Great job.  I'll be coming back to look at these as I start planning my own invites.  Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
billiez_babe
I LOVE BILLIE JOE, MIKE AND TRE` FROM GREENDAY

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2005 12:18:52 AM »

there great, but i think too much purple!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alicesonmarie
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2005 06:41:07 AM »

ya know i kinda agree with the too much purple but what can i say, my sister REALLY likes purple. there are alot of things i would change about them if they were for me.. but they werent
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kristiface
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2005 02:20:32 AM »

So funny-- I grew up in Co Spgs! 

The invites are great... do you mind my asking how much they cost to make?  And did you need a strange sized envelope to make them fit?  And finally!  did they require extra postage to mail because of weight? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Joy is but the sign that creative emotion is fulfilling its purpose.
-- Charles Du Bos
alicesonmarie
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2005 06:03:27 PM »

kristiface:
-they cost about $80-100 total. including envelopes, paper, backings, ribbon, postage - everything.

-the envelopes were ordered from the same site as the backings were (paper-source.com). i think i might have been able to find them somewhere else for cheaper but ended up not wanting to deal with the hassle of searching. the size was not the odd thing it was that they opened at the short end instead of the long like most envelopes.

- and nope there was no extra charge for postage. they were in fact quite light. and we could have used 23 cent stamps for the rsvp but my sister did not like the stamp picture options so we sprung for the 38 cent love stamps.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kristiface
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2005 10:35:46 PM »

Thanks so much!  They look so professional Smiley  Hope I can pull off the DIY invite feat as well as you did!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Joy is but the sign that creative emotion is fulfilling its purpose.
-- Charles Du Bos
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Dosas with Lentils and Rice
How to Make Eel Sauce
How To Make Egg Drop Soup
How to Make a Banh Mi Sandwich
How to Make Chicken Biryani
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...