A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,695
Currently Running With Scissors:
603 Guests and 35 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: i live inside a TANGERINE.  (Read 28543 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

hdoglovesyou

oh so calculated

View Profile WWW
« on: July 23, 2005 01:28:11 PM »

this past month, i prepared. i washed. i cleaned. i bought. i primed. i sealed. i waited. i PAINTED.

i take great pride in the color of my room. the top half (ceiling included) is "osage orange", the bottom half is "naval" all the paint, supplies, and rollers, ETC cost me about $100. it was an expensive project, but TOTALLY WORTH IT. oh, and my door is orange too. i have a hanging ironing board. everyone should get one of those.

here are some pictures.

firstly, me in my sexxxxy room. its my new myspace picture. COMMON NOW. its absolutely necessary.

my sewing desk. i got it for free at a garage sale. it was like 1PM and the woman was like "just get this out of my house!" and i was like "FINE! I'LL TAKE IT!" so now its mine. it used to be ugly wood, but now its white because i like to paint.

picture from "a distance." orange is such a FAB color.

my dresser, mirror next to it. and thread holder next to that. its just a slab of wood with nails in it. beneath my window is a bookcase thingo from IKEA where i keep all my FABRIC! <3

fabric in bookcase thingo. i really need to oraganize it better, but its always an adventure when i rummage through. i find things i forgot about.

other assorted sewing items, the little box (greenish w/ gold) my mom found at a garage sale for FIVE DOLLARS. and it was filled with all sorts of goodies. she ran with it, i got it for my birthday. basket contains things that i've sewn/made. purses, wallets, earrings ETC!

my bed! i got the duvet cover at a garage sale for twooooooooo dollars! i like it. the purple curtains are makeshift until i get me some that match my room. i'm thinking about hitting up IKEA for some white curtains.

me and my dog (pompay) GETTING EXCITED! we love being in my room.

i hope this inspired someone. i just wanted to share my excitement. maybe this just gave you something to look at for a minute or two. who knows!!

thanks for looking!
happy crafting!

KTHXBYE<3
<3 heather
« Last Edit: July 25, 2005 11:22:04 AM by hdoglovesyou » THIS ROCKS   Logged

fashion is feeding us IDENTIFICATION
<3heather
crazygeniusgrl
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2005 01:45:27 PM »

absolutely LOVE your room! the color is awesome... and your garage sale finds are awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

" Step outside the narrow borders of what men call reality and you step into chaos... or imagination."
- Ralph Ellison, Invisible Man
_androidette
_luscious_

__beep. boop. beep__

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2005 01:53:18 PM »

_Orange has never looked so good. I love your room!

& how cute is your puppy? Too damn cute! Is he a Pomeranian?

Trying to reply a while ago to this thread I made a mess & created my own thread telling you how much I loved everything

THIS ROCKS   Logged

_!cheap robotic thrill with [AA] batteries required& coin operated heart || 'kissed the boys and made them cry with curves and kissers and pearly whites'
A_BigBigLove
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2005 01:55:21 PM »

that paint job is amazing

and the thread holder thingy is awesome too, i might have to borrow that idea if you don't mind Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Goodbys always make my throat hurt... I need more hellos." -Charlie Brown
dianac
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2005 02:02:19 PM »

Hahaah- your room is great- and it looks like you are going to have tons of fun in it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
smarmyclothes
lex fiend

i can get you a toe by 3 o'clock this afternoon...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2005 03:55:56 PM »

okay, first you look really familiar, and i can not for the life of me figure out who you look like...but anyway.
awesome room, and i'm so jealous of your organization.  my apartment is a sewing nightmare.  fabric, thread, scissors, pins EVERYWHERE.  i can never find anything.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shadowhand
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2005 04:22:37 PM »

Ooh, purty!

I had an orange room once, and I really liked it. Always made me feel happy and motivated.

The lights look particularly spiffy.

Also, I like the last picture of you and your dog. The positioning of the lamp makes it look like your dog is wearing a very small hat Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
swimqt

One of many infinite possibilities...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2005 06:30:46 PM »

Love it!  Shocked I especially like how you painted the stripe of darker orange to transition between the two shades!  And garage sales are the best, IKEA, too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Anna
goldfinch
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2005 06:38:23 PM »

The orange is kick-ass, and you are SO ORGANIZED!!! I am so jealous, all my crafting stuff is scattered around my (ugly white walled) apartment, where ever it can fit! Eww. Now I'm gonna go cry. NO! I'm inspired! I'm gonna go organize! Too bad there's no painting allowed. Oh well. Fantastic job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mireneh

working like a dog?!?!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2005 06:54:13 PM »

Very nice - I wish I could have a really fun color but my migraines would not agree and since they come more frequently, I have to stick with colors a little more subdued.

Love it, though!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Support your local animal shelters and be a responsible pet owner by spaying or neutering your pet.

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome is waaaay more than being tired - imagine having the flu every day, quadruple that, and that's me on a good day!  No, I did not stay up too late last night either.....
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
String Tongue I_single Channel Video_performance_2000.Wmv
Hong String Project 2
White Cube_cotton String_350 X 350 X 350(Cm)_2000.Wmv
Body World Exhibition
Makerbot-Made 3D Zoetrope and 3D Sculptures
Latest Blog Articles
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup
@Home This Weekend: Bee Magnets

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...