A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,558
Currently Running With Scissors:
519 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 19
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Bookmark Swap 3! (SIGNUP FINISHED SEND BY August 31)  (Read 14898 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

whichwitch
« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2005 11:38:49 AM »

I am very excited to participate in this my FIRST SWAP!

I just got back from the Post Office and all 3 of my people have my bookmarks to them in the mail to them!

I guess I must have misunderstood something (or perhaps its just over acheiver syndrome) but I sent 4 bookmarks each! I hope they like them, as they were all hand made for them (but very simple cardstock ones).

and I can hardly wait to check my mailbox for the next few days (weeks?)... Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
whichwitch
« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2005 11:40:26 AM »

Oh I scanned .... all but the last 2 I made, but I don't want to ruin thier surprise posting the pics (that and I don't know how to post the pics), but if they will post when they recieved them, I will try to post the pics (or they can)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jMi
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2005 01:13:15 PM »

Heh, I'm only half done on the first two bookmark packs... Of course, I didn't *have* to make niftalicious stickers and bookplates. Of course not. But I was just *dying* to try out my new stuff.

Ohhh I made a few stickers for one of my partners too!!! Cheesy
Only because I made *something* (trying not to give anything away lol) for her bookmark, but decided I didn't want to use it for the bookmark... so I thought, "Hmmm... cute little things, meet my Xyron machine!" Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://lifeadored.blogspot.com/
Getting back into crafting! Follow along with me on my blog and see what I come up with! Smiley
dreamisle
ATCs are great!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: August 22, 2005 02:02:01 PM »

I guess I must have misunderstood something (or perhaps its just over acheiver syndrome) but I sent 4 bookmarks each!
Shocked 4 each? Are you sure I didn't accidentally give you 12 swap partners or something? You're gonna have some really happy swap partners lol. I think letting you choose how many people to send to kinda screwed things up this time and made it difficult to give people swap partners, so next time I'm gonna limit it to 3 again, but signup for the next bookmark swap will be starting very very very soon. I wanted it to start today (swaps 2 and 3 started 6/22 and 7/22 and today is 8/22) but really its too much of a hassle. Anyway, glad to hear everyone is having fun.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Handmade Paper
Library Due Date Card ATCs
I make handmade paper! PM me for trades!
I made a Pillow!
Perja
« Reply #44 on: August 22, 2005 02:07:05 PM »

Well, I've finished two of my bookmarks and getting ready to cut the third (tomorrow, lol, I'm wasted tired).

They'll ship at week's end at the latest. I'm so excited!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
whichwitch
« Reply #45 on: August 22, 2005 03:50:51 PM »

Shocked 4 each? Are you sure I didn't accidentally give you 12 swap partners or something?

No you only gave me 3!
But I thought that I was suppose to make 3 for each and then I read read thier likes and mine didn't match.  Oh well. This my first time, and I feel very inadaquate.  I just made really simple ones so I don't know if they will like or not.  BUT I was off all day today and I had a GREAT TIME!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dreamisle
ATCs are great!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: August 22, 2005 04:22:33 PM »

Shocked 4 each? Are you sure I didn't accidentally give you 12 swap partners or something?

No you only gave me 3!
But I thought that I was suppose to make 3 for each and then I read read thier likes and mine didn't match.  Oh well. This my first time, and I feel very inadaquate.  I just made really simple ones so I don't know if they will like or not.  BUT I was off all day today and I had a GREAT TIME!
As long as its nothing offensive your swap partners will love it. Even if your likes don't match theirs you can still make something you think they'd like, or if they didn't list anything in peticular you could try doing something they didn't say a clear yes or no to. Just don't worry, have fun, and feel safe in knowing that in most cases with this swap you're not out much money if a project gets lost, isn't well recieved, or goes awry.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Handmade Paper
I made a Pillow!
jMi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: August 23, 2005 07:02:16 AM »

How do you guys go about laminating something?
I know you can buy a small/inexpensive machine to do it, but I don't wanna go that far since I'll only need it for a few bookmarks...

Are there any "crafty" ways to do it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://lifeadored.blogspot.com/
Getting back into crafting! Follow along with me on my blog and see what I come up with! Smiley
rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Member of the Papercraft Gang

"Best of 2013" Winner; too lazy to change avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: August 23, 2005 07:09:14 AM »

If I want to get close to lamination, I use clear contact paper. If I just want a protected surface, matte finish mod podge. Or if you really want lamination but don't want to spring for the home machine, it's not that expensive to get it done at an office supply store (Kinko's, Office Max, etc.) Sometimes a school supply store will also provide this service. Just laminate all three at once, side by side. They charge by the inch.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy shop. Scary Toys and Halloween for everyone!
My blog: junk&stuff
Pinterest
dreamisle
ATCs are great!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: August 23, 2005 07:21:49 AM »

I got some clear plastic-y tape from the $1 store and use that on both sides, and it works pretty good. If you want it professionally done though, you need to have strategically placed friends and/or lovers for this kind of stuff. You know; coffee shop, print shop, post office, police station... etc.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Handmade Paper
I made a Pillow!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 19 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Rename a Color Swatch in Photoshop CS3
How to Rename a Layer in Photoshop CS3
How to Resize a Selection in Paint.NET
How to Resize a Title in Title Designer in Premiere CS3
How to Resize the Stage in Flash CS3
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...