A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,208
Currently Running With Scissors:
373 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Business website contractors...?  (Read 353 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

teraspawn
« on: July 22, 2005 01:20:37 PM »

So, all of you with selling websites:

How many of you made them yourself using a pre-built program (like Zencart or Paypal carts) or using your own programming, and how many of you hired someone to do it for you?  If so, how much did it cost and was it worth it?  If not, do you think that a contractor could have done a better job?  Or have any of you been paid to make selling websites for people? 

How about Etsy?  Has anyone had any problems with it?

(gee, that's a lot of questions all at once)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

thommoose
Moose

mind if I borrow your light green Sharpie?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2005 01:34:01 PM »

Tera-

I've never made a "selling site" for anyone per-se--- but it's not outside the scope of what I do with sites---  Pretty much that stuff is demystified at this point and a lot has fallen from the hands of the programmers and into the laps of the designers.   As a designer- you could expect to charge a client on an hourly rate anywhere from $20 (high school kids) up to $350+ (boutique design houses)- depending on what the client wants/how good you are/where you are geographically.  Ideally you would want a designer with a programming background or vice versa to customize the whole 'shopping cart' dilemma.

Geographic area, I'm finding actually has a lot to do with things.  I know my rates dropped when I first moved from the urban east coast area I was in to the slightly southern area on the coast just 'cause that's what the market could tolerate.  Luckily, I've gotten to improve my portfolio (worked with larger clients) and am back to being able to charge the premium.

Hopefully you can find a contractor with a marketing background- or a full-service group to take care of your needs.  This way, they can steer you in the proper direction both design-wise and sales-wise...

Hope that give some answers--- 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"...those that matter do not judge and those that judge do not matter..."  -unknown

"Can I do this? Or do I look like some sort of gay superhero?" - Sterling
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Write Tech Reviews
How to Write a Limerick
How to Write a Sonnet
Peter Ames Carlin on Narrator Bobby Cannavale
Peter Ames Carlin on His Audiobook Bruce
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...