A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 302,721
Currently Running With Scissors:
540 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Detroit, anyone?  (Read 8490 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

shani76
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2008 07:14:49 PM »

I live in the Metro Detroit area. I love almost any craft but I have been spending most of my time crocheting, sewing, embroidery, and scrapbooking. I have been desperately trying to find a crochet or craft group in the area but haven't been able to find one. I would love to chat or meet up with anyone interested in crafts.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
f150ruff
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2008 04:55:40 PM »

Hey!! I'm in Wolverine Lake near Walled Lake in western Oakland Co.  I love to sew, paint, scrapbook, bead and just about anything that involves a little imagination.  Transplant from Virginia so I have nooooooooo idea where to find the good stuff around here.  Would love to meet up or swap emails with a local.

Handbags are my fav thing to make, recycles are the best!!!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
VALiant
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2008 03:50:37 PM »

Hey everyone! I'm Audrey from Macomb County, New Baltimore area. I love to crochet, sew, embroider, cut, paste, draw, shrinkiedink, and pretty much make anything I see into art. But my main love is knitting.  Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged
atomickim
Retro Gal

D.I.Y, the only way to go!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2008 08:33:49 PM »

originally from the detroit area (taylor ,downriver) live in ohio now but im always up there visiting the family (oh how i miss michigan  Cry )

i sew mostly
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Nylaskye
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2008 12:43:30 PM »

I live in Detroit, borderline Southfield.  I sew and make hairbows for little girls, but have gotten off into painting furniture and decoupage. 

I love getting together with like minded people!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lucydenyes
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2008 06:02:53 PM »

Hey guys! If you're interested, we're hosting a CRAFT magazine release party on June 29 in Ferndale. Check out our blog for the details, but I hope you can come!

http://www.handmadedetroit.com/2008/06/23/craft-release-party-what-to-expect/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

xo, Lish
onebeatheart
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2008 03:55:16 PM »

I'm in Berkley. I dabble in a little of everything but I'm trying to relearn knitting and crocheting. I would totally be up for a "lunch & learn" of sorts with anyone in the area. I'll make baked goods!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
twistedbeader
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2008 04:25:36 AM »

hey I am about an hour from detroit in port huron! Anyway... I do about every craft ....lol... add..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life with out beads is a sad life indeed
My soap is so awsome I can wash anything! -sung as this book is so awesome from Harry and the Potters

Wist- http://www.wists.com/twistedbeader
tiltcreations
Mom Lady, Finder of lost toys and Ex-but-wanna-be-born-again Artist

voices in my head? yes, but they have good ideas

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2008 02:19:49 PM »

Oak Park <but think Ferndale - I'm only a couple streets off & fit there better  Grin>
I sew, mostly bags now ... when my boys (I am including my husband in that) aren't underfoot. Used to paint lots, miss it much & hope to return to it soon now that the littlest will be starting preschool in the fall - woo hoo! a whole 3 hours for me!!!!
anyway - saw some Berkley & Royal Oak & Southfield out there...anyone interested in a get together/coffee/tea/snacks/whatever - just PM me
Keep on Crafting!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Nadia/hope
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2008 10:06:50 AM »

Hi all!  Happy to see so many from Detroit.  Alot of Detroit groups - YOUNG - well...how about groups that are friendly to the over 50 (but not yet 60).  Do lots of crafts - anything and everything.  Have been hitting rummage sales all summer looking for finds.  Got into altered clothing and altered "thingies".  My craft and fabric stash is getting deep.  Piled higher and deeper as they say..looking for someone to craft with and to swap (or unload) some of my extras on.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Hair Extensions Backstage at the Nicole Miller Fall 2012 Fashion Week Show
New York Fashion Week Runway Hair Trends
Hollywood Hair: Beyonce
40s Style Hair & Makeup at the Douglas Hannant F/W 2012 Show
How to Use Hair Paste
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins
I See London; I See France!
Meatless Monday: Zucchini Pineapple Loaf

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...