A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,145
Currently Running With Scissors:
445 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Vegan Recipes  (Read 5197 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

GummiSteph
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2004 04:43:02 PM »

Gosh!  You guys are all so helpful!  I posted this topic on another websites forum and no one seemed to care.  Everyone here is so welcoming and nice compared to other website message boards I've read.  I got my "Sinfully Vegan" cookbook in the mail today so now I'm all hyped up about baking something!  Becoming vegan has really opened my eyes to what I put in my body and has educated me more about different kinds of fats and stuff like that.  The only thing that is in my way is the fact that a lot of the things I need for the recipes are pretty expensive, and I'm a poor college student.  I will probably try to experiment with cheaper substitutions (bananas, applesauce, etc) before I buy a lot of the expensive stuff. Keep the good advice coming!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
susank
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2004 04:51:44 PM »

I've always just used water, not coffee-- but I like to do up fancy frostings in mocha, peanutbutter, almond, raspberry, etc.

PB frosting is especially easy as you can just whip pb directly into powdered sugar, and drip soy/rice/almond milk (or water) in til it reaches the right consistency.

A note on powdered sugars: powder your own using the blender!  That way you can use fructose crystals or organic cane sugar-- something that doesn't use animal bones to make it shiny white.
--susan.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jason
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2004 05:14:56 PM »

A note on powdered sugars: powder your own using the blender!  That way you can use fructose crystals or organic cane sugar-- something that doesn't use animal bones to make it shiny white.
--susan.

thanks for the tip susan! and in response to your question goddess- I genearally use coffee, but water works out fine if you don't have or don't drink coffee. once I was jonsin' for some vegan chocolate cake so bad that I would not let the fact that I didn't have any vanilla extract stop me from baking one.  I just added some cinnamon instead... this recipe is nearly foolproof!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bloodyraven
aka Parthenia

aka Parthenia

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2004 07:16:37 PM »

Check out http://www.veganchef.com for many, many great vegan recipies.  I've trued a bunch of them and they're all pretty good.  I've also got a good mint chocolate cookie recipie upstairs, I'll post it in the morning.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Parthenia

How about a dyeing techniques board?
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=70328.0
Laamissa
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2004 08:51:40 AM »

check out http://www.veganoutreach.com/

good info on all aspects of veganism.  ~M
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*D.I.Y or BUST!*~

www.Pumpky.etsy.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Shanghai Hairy Crabs
Making Pearl River Chicken
Kama Sutra Saki Teriyaki Salmon
Great Wall Cookbook Review
Cooking at Boom Noodle
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...