A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,088
Currently Running With Scissors:
707 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Name swap! sign up: sign up closed. send out by August 30th  (Read 3756 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Pink Hula

Shala for a week

View Profile
« on: July 20, 2005 12:43:46 AM »

Swap name: Name swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: Pink Hula
Sign-up date range: 20th july - 30th july
Date to send item by: 30th August

Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): no

Non-U.S. participants allowed? yes

All ages allowed? Or 18+? all ages

Organizer is aware of current list of "suspended traders"
list and will not allow those members to participate: YES/NO

Organizer meets the 4 conditions for swapping and will make sure that every participant meets these conditions: YES/NO

Details of swap:
This swap is for anyone with a name, so your all welcome!! We will be swapping items which are crafted to the meaning of your prefered name, you can choose to use your first, middle or surname, as long as you are happy to recieve crafts based upon that meaning. We are going to be crafting 1 large item (which is discussed in the new swap ideas, this is not just based upon actual size. If you were to spend alot of time making something small, then talk to your partner and it will be fine) and 2 or more small / medium items

If you want to participate, information to send to organizer:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap
Craftster username
Email address
Your real name
Mailing address
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside of the US?
What is the name you want crafted to?
What is the meaning of this name?
Do you particularly want your actual name included on the craft?
What is your 'trade mark' craft?
What sort of things would you like to recieve?
Is there anything (includes crafts, materials and colours) that you dont want?

Feel free to ask me any questions you have, also if you want to know any more informations, i am sure your partner will be happy to answer.

Susan Cheesy Cheesy

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.

So far we have ten people signed up:

Pink Kittie
     stickysweetfun
     bagged_cereal
     DithMer
     _androidette
       sewberrycrazy
       lasandri
     ForevrBee
      mommiemed
        Pink Hula

YAY ten people so far!! i think that it is a good group we have got going!

susan

when you have sent or received please let me know or i wont be able to make the feedback positive

pink means sent

purple means that their partner has received

green means you will be late

blue means that i haven't heard from you yet
Remember to tell your partner and me when you send your package, and don't forget DC numbers.

Lasandri-------------------> sweetstickyfun
sweetstickyfun ---------> _andriodette
_andriodette ------------> mommiemed
mommiemed ------------> Dithmer
Dithmer-------------------> ForevrBee
ForevrBee ----------------> xXcherrie-lynnXx (previously pink kittie)
xXcherrie-lynnXx --------> bagged_cereal
bagged_cereal ----------> sewberrycrazy
sewberrycrazy -----------> Pink Hula
Pink Hula ------------------> Lasandri
« Last Edit: September 16, 2005 01:42:47 AM by Pink Hula » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shala shala shala
stickysweetfun

only slightly faster than a one-legged armadillo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2005 12:34:09 AM »

YAY!  I was hoping this would turn into an actual swap! I love learning the history/origins of names and words - I'm so excited, and it will be my first swap ever! 
I'm PMing you now, Pink Hula!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

_androidette
_luscious_

__beep. boop. beep__

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2005 08:03:49 AM »

YAY!  I was hoping this would turn into an actual swap! I love learning the history/origins of names and words - I'm so excited, and it will be my first swap ever! 

_Also my first swap ever & so excited!
I already PMed you Pink Hula & would love to know how many people have signed up & what is going on.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

_!cheap robotic thrill with [AA] batteries required& coin operated heart || 'kissed the boys and made them cry with curves and kissers and pearly whites'
lasandri
originator of the term "crackster", as in craftster is like crack.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2005 11:16:59 AM »

i wasn't in on the original idea discussion so i guess i need some clarification: this is based on the meaning of my name, rather than my actual name, correct?  'cause i'm a sucker for stuff with my name on it and if it would be possible to do something with my name rather than my meaning (my name is sandra which means defender of mankind, which i always envisioned as She-Ra), i'm in.

edit: LOL i just read some of the entries in the idea section and my favorite was the girl who's name was religious hazelnut... i think that would be funny since my last name means island (hyphen) little flowers --> so would i be defender of my own little island with little flowers on it???
« Last Edit: July 22, 2005 11:23:56 AM by lasandri » THIS ROCKS   Logged

_androidette
_luscious_

__beep. boop. beep__

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2005 11:32:33 AM »

i wasn't in on the original idea discussion so i guess i need some clarification: this is based on the meaning of my name, rather than my actual name, correct?  'cause i'm a sucker for stuff with my name on it and if it would be possible to do something with my name rather than my meaning (my name is sandra which means defender of mankind, which i always envisioned as She-Ra), i'm in.

_Since one of the question is Do you particularly want your actual name included on the craft? I think including it is possible. By the way, I love She-Ra so if I get you I would go She-Ra insane.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2005 07:42:54 AM by _androidette » THIS ROCKS   Logged

_!cheap robotic thrill with [AA] batteries required& coin operated heart || 'kissed the boys and made them cry with curves and kissers and pearly whites'
Pink Hula

Shala for a week

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2005 02:29:26 AM »

_Since one of the question is <I>Do you particularly want your actual name included on the craft?</i> I think including it is possible. By the way, I love She-Ra so if I get you I would go She-Ra insane.

Yes you can include if you want your actual name on the craft, but they still have to somehow relate the craft to the meaning of your name.

hope that helps

Susan

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shala shala shala
sewberrycrazy
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2005 07:21:00 AM »

I just PMed my info, can't wait to start!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
stickysweetfun

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2005 08:48:33 AM »

WOO!  Seven people already!  *bounces*

edit: LOL i just read some of the entries in the idea section and my favorite was the girl who's name was religious hazelnut... i think that would be funny since my last name means island (hyphen) little flowers --> so would i be defender of my own little island with little flowers on it???

Haha, yes!  There are probly other meanings, too (my name has three - that I know of), but....  heehee...  I keep picturing She-Ra camped out on a tiny deserted island (complete with lone palm tree!) and being very grumpy about all the little flowers.  Maybe she has allergies, or something.    Cheesy 
Heck, I'm a weirdo.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ADHDCraftster
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2005 10:01:24 AM »

Shoot!  I wish I would have seen this swap earlier!  I havent read the rules in awhile but can you participate in two swaps at the same time!?!?!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If it weren't for physics and law enforcement, I'd be unstoppable...
stickysweetfun

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2005 10:27:58 AM »

Shoot!  I wish I would have seen this swap earlier!  I havent read the rules in awhile but can you participate in two swaps at the same time!?!?!

I believe you can - as long as it's not your first swap.  It's my very first and there are so many others I want to join right now!  Cry
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Surprising Beauty Buys from Whole Foods
How to Get Firmer, Clearer Skin in 10 Minutes
How to Prevent Mascara From Running
All About the Lip
Golden Globes 2014 Beauty Trends
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...