A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 305,035
Currently Running With Scissors:
463 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My Art for Your Craft Loot!!  (Read 7882 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

PinkMafia
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Let your sparkle shine...

Recovering swap addict

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2005 04:46:50 PM »

Lexis- AMAZING!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crafty chica...burlesque performer....costume maven.
lexis
dreamer

waist deep

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2005 10:42:39 AM »

****blushing***
thanks!!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Writer78
« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2005 11:25:10 AM »

One more day... I'm getting the "I really hope she likes it" nerves about the piece I made for Sedrasmom!  It does raise the nervousness level, knowing that I'll be presenting to her (and her hubby and daughter!) in person.  I hope I accomplished what she wanted!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DsgndbyRJ
« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2005 12:26:53 PM »

My crafty package from grasshopper arrived today - I just called home to check my mail as I'm headed off for the weekend straight from work - had my 21 yr old bro open 'er up for me and he thought it was cool - at first it was a mirror, then a book then a purse!  So I'm really looking forward to checking it out Sunday night when I get home!  Will try to post a pic too!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.RJBeads.etsy.com - beads and jewelry making supplies! **SALE ALERT**

www.designedbyrj.blogspot.com
SheRa
Curiosity often leads to trouble.

Curiouser and curiouser!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2005 03:28:51 PM »

UPDATED LIST:

Projects RECEIVED FROM:
starsix
fouficat
flareon
craftykate
lucertola
teamwang
bionicdevices
toadstool
supergeek
dsgndbyrj
grasshopper
lexis
sedrasmom
writer78

Projects SENT BY (not yet received):
lucid501
shera

have NOT SENT:
notasingletear
allfalldown

I'm going to PM the 2 who haven't sent yet to see how it's going.  Can't wait to see more pix!!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2005 09:35:39 PM by SheRa » THIS ROCKS   Logged

corduroy cat
« Reply #45 on: August 13, 2005 05:26:29 AM »

i received from lexis! thanks Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Writer78
« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2005 07:35:04 PM »

I met Sedrasmom!!!  *happy dance*  This afternoon I drove up to Gurnee Mills, a huge outlet mall about midway between Monica's home and mine.  I shopped for a while, hoping to find some shoes to wear with my new renaissance faire costume.  I wanted to get some slip-ons with elaborate beading, satin, and/or embroidery, which are gorgeous anyway and would go great with my costume.  But being very tall, I also have a bigger shoe size - 12 - and was highly disappointed that I couldn't find my size in three stores, and the fourth did not have the pretty, girly shoes in 12s.

I tell you all that as a preamble to the gloom I was in when I headed to the Rainforest Cafe.  Then I heard my name, and I looked up, and here's this adorable, grinning woman walking up to me with the instantly-recognizable Sedra.  (Yes, Sedra IS that beautiful in person.  She is effervescent, irrepressable, and you just want to gaze at that perfect little face or watch her eyes turn on like lamps when something catches her attention.)

After hugs and greetings, we headed into the restaurant (awesome, elaborate jungle-themed restaurant) and instantly decided that we had better swap before doing anything else!  I gave Monica her gifts: rainforest stickers for Sedra (who proceeded to stick them on me!), a crafting book that I received from a friend, and which turned out to be one that Monica already wanted; and a 16x20 portrait of Sedra done in felt.  I cut out the shapes and embellished them with embroidery; the pale orange sun has Sedra's face stitched in red and orange, and the rays of the sun are stylized and multi-colored.  Six flowers grow upward toward Sedra's sunshine.  To my complete joy, Monica loved it!

Then I opened my goodies.  They were presented to me in a yellow canvas bag with orange and red flowers (a super discount bargain that Monica picked up at a craft shop).  Inside was a skirt, done in the understated-hippie fabric that I love best: muted colors, dominant burgundy with browns and greens, in a flower pattern.  And the skirt is nice and long, just like my long legs need!!

Next I pulled out two pair of what I am going to now call "beauty socks."  I had seen them in an Avon catalgue and showed Monica, who said she could make them easily - they are little crocheted triangles with a loop for your toe at one end and an ankle loop at the other.  We talked it over and agreed that we don't really know what they're for, but they look awesome and make me feel beautiful - hence, beauty socks!!  One pair is yellow, and the other is this incredibly perfect multi-color blend that matches the skirt.  I plan to wear them with sandals, and sometimes I will just wear them around the house and think, "Ah, look at the incredible beauty that has been brought to my feet!"

And finally, I pulled out what is probably the most unexpected - and one the best - craft gifts I've ever received - leather slipper-shoes!  Monica actually looked up size 12 measurements online to get it all right, and she made me these "flippin' sweet" slip on "booties" that are brown with pale brown flowers.  They are sort of neo-hippie and yet also remind me of medieval peasant shoes.  Needless to say, I am wearing them right now and am completely in love with them!

If you ever have the opportunity to meet Monica, you simply must!!  She is as sassy, friendly, and funny as you could hope for.  I tend to be sort of formal and reserved, but she had me laughing and joking right from the start; I felt so welcomed by her and her husband and daughter.  This was an incredibly cool wrap-up to a fun swap!  We both came away happy with our goodies, but even better, we came away as new friends!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftykate
« Reply #47 on: August 13, 2005 07:42:31 PM »

That is so incredibly cool. I love everything I've seen that Monica has made I can't wait for pictures of all the great stuff you described. It's so cool you guys got to meet!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://craftykate.etsy.com

Yep, it's a knit blog
http://craftykate-knits.blogspot.com/

wanna trade? I heart personal swaps.
SheRa
Curiosity often leads to trouble.

Curiouser and curiouser!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: August 13, 2005 09:38:18 PM »

that's awesome!  i used to live near there in wisconsin, too bad i couldn't come see all your craftiness too Smiley   can't wait for pix!

i put in positive feedback for everyone that i know had their projects received by their partners.  if i missed anyone, let me know.  if i don't hear back from the swappers that haven't sent yet by the time everyone else has received, i'm going to have to assume they've flaked  Huh
« Last Edit: August 13, 2005 09:41:19 PM by SheRa » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Flareon
« Reply #49 on: August 15, 2005 03:59:44 PM »

Lucid501 made me a lovely crocheted poncho for me.

Isn't it fabulous?  It's soft and a bit shimmery, too.  And it'll be perfect to wear for fall weather.  Thank you so much Lucid!   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Build a Marble Roller Coaster
How to Dye Fabric
How to Dye Leather
How to Turn Old Clothes Into Wine Gift Bags
How to Turn Old Jeans Into a Floor Mat
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Thrifty Dog Bed
October 29, 2014 Featured Projects
Craft Challenge #103, Foodie Frenzy 2 Winner

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...