A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 300,872
Currently Running With Scissors:
655 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My Art for Your Craft Loot!!  (Read 8021 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sedrasmom
« Reply #60 on: September 01, 2005 03:23:54 PM »

Hey Sedrasmom - any luck with getting those pics of us developed??  I'd love for everybody to see our cool goodies!

Sorry these are so long overdue! I have a really happy excuse though - I was unexpectly appointed Art Director at the artist commons/co-op/shared creative space where Sedra and I have been hanging out since last spring. It's been pretty whirlwind since that initial conversation. I'll be transitioning into working there full time, and the best part is, it is not only welcome, but expected that I bring Sedra along, which is something so fabulous it's just beyond belief, because despite having to work, I've been headstrong about wanting to homeschool. Everything is falling into place.

On top of all that pleasant commotion, my family and I are flying to Phoenix for a week to visit my in-laws so Sedra will celebrate her 5th birthday with her other grandma out there. I wanted to get these posted before we left, so here they are!

I am the short-haired Asian woman with glasses. Eva is the gorgeous long-haired lady in the teal shirt. She made me the embroidered artwork with Sedra's face in the sun, gave me the Retro Revamp book, and gave Sedra some stickers. I made her a skirt, a pair of moccasins, and two pairs of foot thongs or as she calls them "beauty socks".

Note the second picture down where Sedra is positioned to look like her image on the sun. Fabulous work!

Monica

« Last Edit: September 01, 2005 03:42:18 PM by sedrasmom » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you never did, you should. These things are fun and fun is good!" - Dr. Seuss
Writer78
« Reply #61 on: September 01, 2005 04:07:55 PM »

hurrah!  Thanks for the pictures!  It brought all the fun right back to my mind.

The funny part is that Monica and I took most of these pics standing in a shopping mall, just outside a busy restaurant!  There I am, pulling shoes and socks on and off to model my new footwear - and even yanking a new skirt on over my jeans.  We must have put on quite a show!

<I was unexpectly appointed Art Director at the artist commons/co-op/shared creative space where Sedra and I have been hanging out since last spring.>

CONGRATS!!  I know you'll do a terrific job.  I'm very happy for you!

<Eva is the gorgeous long-haired lady in the teal shirt.>

*blushing*  You're sweet!

So glad you liked everything, Sedrasmom.  It was a lot of fun meeting you, and I wish you all the best in your new director position!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftykate
« Reply #62 on: September 01, 2005 06:27:41 PM »

Everything the both of you made is awesome. I'm so jealous you guys got to meet each other. And Sedra is adorable!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://craftykate.etsy.com

Yep, it's a knit blog
http://craftykate-knits.blogspot.com/

wanna trade? I heart personal swaps.
corduroy cat
« Reply #63 on: September 02, 2005 01:30:03 AM »

awhh looks like you guys had a great time!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SheRa
Curiosity often leads to trouble.

Curiouser and curiouser!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: September 02, 2005 06:15:37 AM »

i'm so glad that you guys got to meet up and have such a great experience!  and CONGRATS on your promotion - that sounds awesome!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lexis
dreamer

waist deep

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #65 on: September 02, 2005 09:09:06 AM »

this has got to be a craftster first! lovely photos...I am envious. Little Sedra looks like a real sweet munchkin.  Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stoliedina
« Reply #66 on: September 02, 2005 09:15:23 AM »

I'm having such swap envy! I wish that I were a part of this!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

shimma shimma, glimma glimma, c'mere let me give you a lil' shhhparkle. - me Smiley

http://www.geekxnerd.com/
http://geekxnerd.etsy.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Prepare Your Skin for Winter
5 Makeup Mistakes You Can Easily Avoid
The Best & Worst Celebrity Beauty Looks Of The Week
Top Beauty Uses for Bio-Oil
How to Pose on Camera
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Grey & Plum Button Wreath
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...