A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,468
Currently Running With Scissors:
515 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: GODDESS SWAP GALLERY  (Read 9777 times)
Tags for this thread: deer , goddess  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

xmelinda
« Reply #70 on: August 30, 2005 06:14:40 AM »

BOTH OF  MY SISTERS ARE SO AWESOME!!!!!

Sparky1131 and QueenofSwords rock the house  Grin

Melinda
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I live in that place between conception and execution" -- IQJones
QueenofSwords

marty marty bo barty, bo-nana fana fo...uh oh....

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 31, 2005 11:48:16 AM »

Oh, I'm SOOOOO glad the stuff made it there safely!  Smiley  And I'm really glad you like it.  The pocket shrine was the main cause of all the lateness; when I got you for a partner, I saw that you have been into pocket shrines, so I challenged myself to do one, since I've never done it before.  It's amazingly complex! After the challenge of designing something so small (and for this craft I wanted to research the art and make it authentic), then the interior decoration has to be done, and all the tiny stuff has to be made and secured, and the outside paint job has to be done right to cover the tin printing... Of course I screwed up a couple of things and had to do them over, etc. But it was really, really interesting to do, and I think it won't be the last one I make, so thanks to you for exposing me to a new form!

Oh, I meant to mention in my note but forgot: in the Persephone bracelet, the red beads are meant to stand for the six pomegranite seeds that she ate in the underworld that bound her to go back every year.  I was so happy to find beads that look so much like pomegranite seeds.  Cheesy

Marty
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yo, ye pharaohs! Let us walk through this barren desert, in search of truth, and some pointy boots, and maybe a few snack crackers.
sparky1131

Riding the wave of chaos...

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 31, 2005 03:45:57 PM »

BOTH OF *MY* SISTERS ARE SO AWESOME!!!

I got to see Marty's awesome stuff before hand.  And of course Mel was faster on the draw than both of us. Smiley

This was a fun one!

Meredith
THIS ROCKS   Logged
andi_sunrider
« Reply #73 on: September 03, 2005 11:20:12 PM »

I can just imagine the mess/organized chaos that the three of you created when growing up under the same roof! There's only two of us crafting here, and it's Pan-demonium! Definately talent!

And I love the Persephone items, especially. It might be because the first public ritually event I attended was a recreation of the Eleusinian mysteries, but Kore/Persephone has always held a special place in my heart, and the bracelet and shrine fit so perfectly!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LusciousPearl.etsy.com
I'm a sewer, and artist, and generally all-around creative person with more fabric in my stash than I know what to do with!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How Ross Bleckner Addresses Aids In His Art
Ross Bleckner on His Own Mortality
Oil Painting Tips for Vegetable Painting
How to Draw a Rabbit
An Interview with Comic Book Artist Mike Allred
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...