A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 297,202
Currently Running With Scissors:
608 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Calling all St. Louis Suburbanites!  (Read 9942 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

autumnelayne

Such is the way of the Craft Ninja.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2005 12:25:52 PM »

LOL, me too I'm across the street from the park! Have you ever been in that 3 Sisters Craft Store by there? It looks like more crafted stuff than craft suppliesfrom the window, I've never ventured in though. You ever talk to anyone at Parks and Rec about giving a class? I have so many freaking classes and workshops scheduled they take up almost a whole page in the brochure Tongue. I think I'm meeting Allison tonight in St. Louis to go Stitch and Bitch, proabably will hang again in a couple weeks too and yur welcome to join Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Danyell
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2005 12:52:17 PM »

I called and left a message, but never got called back.

I actually found the Beaded Fiber Patch by accident. I was trying to find another yarn/wool place I found online, but it didn't exist and I figured I'd just drive down that street because it seems like the kind of place that would have a craft store. I found that 3 Sisters store and went in, and it's a cute little shop. They have a lot of already-made things...but I wasn't in there long. I talked to the lady about what I was looking for and she directed me to the Beaded Fiber Patch.

It's worth checking out at least. You might be able to sell some swag there Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

autumnelayne

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2005 07:29:23 AM »

Oh what a bunch of Foooeeey, I'll bring it up next time I talk to Andy. I got another gal at work started knitting too now, we keep runing over to Hobby Lobby on our breaks to take advantage of the sales. Needles and stuff are half off this week again. The Yarn Bee yarns are pretty fun too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Danyell
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2005 06:05:09 PM »

I had half off everything all week at Michaels last week. Oh, dear...I spent so much money!

I still haven't heard back from anyone....I really would like to teach a knitting or spinning class (or both).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

autumnelayne

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2005 06:15:37 AM »

lol, me too...knitting ain't the cheapest hobby I guess Wink. Don't worry, they just came out with the fall/winter brochure and they won't be doing another one till after Xmas, so there's still plenty of time. Did I PM you Andy's e-mail? That is how I correspond with them normally, he usually gets back to me pretty quick, I could e-mail him your e-mail address if ya want too. Umm, geez I am on a Day-quil high and I'm not sure I am making any sense this morning Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Danyell
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2005 10:07:37 AM »

He finally called me yesterday...right when I was in a hurry and getting ready for work. I'm swinging by today to pick up some papers to fill out!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

autumnelayne

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2005 07:29:49 AM »

Awesome! Me and my friend Alicia went to The Ground Floor coffee shop in Belleville last night and were sitting around knitting and met a couple other knitters who want to start a Stitch and Bitch. There is also going to be a fashion show and a small craft show up there in December. The owner said she was only charging like $10 to be in the craft show. The only problem with bringing the knitting project up there is that now the wool yarn and scarf I was working on totally smell of smoke, which, is sort of inevitable because I am a light smoker and the scarf is for me so oh well Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Danyell
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2005 02:32:28 PM »

Hey! It was nice to meet you, today.

Of course, you came in at the exact busiest I have EVER been. EVER. I was supposed to actually be off fifteen minutes BEFORE I saw you..haha. I'm sorry I wasn't very chatty. Normally I'd have had tons to say. jkslejf;sdlkfjgdfklhdfgjsa;/lfdkf stresssss!

Oh, dear. I'm still stressed from all of that. I wish I had a different job, in a smaller, quieter store.

I'm psyched about the classes you helped me get, though! I'm in debt to you Smiley I'd also be totally up for forming a Stitch N Bitch. I know they have a STL chapter, and they're located on Yahoo! Groups...but they all meet in Missouri. I want to find a coffee shop that doesn't have too much smoke and has couches Smiley St. Louis bread Co has couches...but I don't know how open they'd be to a group of knitters...hehe

When I went to a yarn shop in Missouri, the lady told me about Cafe Dolce in O'Fallon. It's down past OFTHS quite a bit, and it's on the left. I've never gone in..but apparently the owner of the coffee shop knits! That'd be a neat place!

If you want to just e-mail me, or if you have AIM, or if you want my phone number: let me know! I'm off a lot the next couple of weeks. (Thank heaven.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

autumnelayne

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2005 06:44:11 AM »

Hi there! Yeah I was on a crafty shopping mission that day looking for cool paper and stuff to use to make Xmas cards and also doing some decoupage gifts. EVERYWHERE I went was busy, you looked stressed and I didn't want to bother you! That is so funny you brought up Cafe Dolce, I do infact know the place pretty well, Alicia worked there for a stint, also have talked to the owner about doing a mural but she wanted to pay peanuts for it was the problem. I was doing macrame one day at Bread Company and you would not believe the looks I was getting it was hilarious. Have you been to The Coffee House across from the movie theater in O'Fallon? That is a real cozy little place with couches. The only thing is I think they have weird hours, close early during the week I believe. I'm going back to Ground Floor tonight to some movie they are showing(I'll be toting my smoky scarf to work on though). Will see if I can stake out any places around there that might be less smoky too. I'm PMing you my digits and such!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Danyell
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2005 12:40:18 PM »

I was going to check out the STL Stitch N Bitch today, but I've yet to check the hours of the meeting and all that, plus I think I need a lazy day at home.

I pretty much quit my job at Michaels'....it's that bad. I would never recommend working there to anyone. SO unprofessional and pushy.

I didn't know there was a coffee house by the theater. I know there is one called Cafe Avantti or something like that across from Applebee's and Target and all of that in O'Fallon/Shiloh.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2005 12:42:14 PM by Danyell » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Apply Lipstick in Photoshop CS3
How to Change a Color in an Image With the Fill Command in Photoshop CS3
How to Change a Color in an Image With the Paint Bucket Tool in Photoshop CS3
How to Change Eye Color in Photoshop CS3
How to Change Layer Opacity in Photoshop CS3
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...