A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,603
Currently Running With Scissors:
686 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: TIRED CRANKY & CONFUSED  (Read 1329 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

megaknits
mega(k)nits

do you like it?? i like it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2005 05:21:15 AM »

You can easily use your current street address and add "Suite 104" or the like to the address. Your mailman will still deliver, you can easily sort personal and business mail. It will sound like you have an office, but if someone were to say, "I'm going to stop by" they'd get confused when they discovered they were in a residential area.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

GoTo
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2005 04:10:07 PM »

I have a PO Box for my business, it costs me $29.00 every six months for a small box (I'm in NY State.). 

I think folks would rather see a PO Box address (or Mail Boxes Etc./UPS Store address) than either no location at all or just the town and state.  Knowing how to get in touch with businesses in the real world is important to me as a shopper, so I like folks to see that info about my business. 

Of course, I don't have my phone number listed anywhere, and I suppose if I was giving out my phone number, the PO Box address wouldn't be as important. 

Just my 2 cents.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Glass Coaster Kits--make your own pressed flower coasters: http://gotogreatpanes.com/none.html
Jewelry Supplies--including Plastic Earring Hooks & Posts: http://gotogreatpanes.com/supplies
Special Effects Hair Dye (SFX):  http://gotogreatpanes.com/giftsforgoths/sfx
LRS
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2005 04:37:02 PM »

I do see it differently.  I think every business card must have phone number and email address.  You're handing it out so people can get in touch.  Few people use paper mail these days. 

I also strongly recommend that if you're serious about your business, you have a phone line that is dedicated to business.  It can be a cell phone, but it should always be answered with your name and/or the name of the business.  You can actually use it for personal calls too as long as your friends and family won't give you a hard time about your business-like greeting. 

Yes, many people wish they were self-employed, worked from home.  But when you're trying to reach a business, you want it to sound business-like.  You're considering giving these people some of your hard-earned money. 

LRS
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bags & purses:  Elaress.etsy.com
fabric bowls & boxes: ElaressAtHome.etsy. com
radio show/webcast:  www.FrugalYankee.co m
hollandcox

the crafty shall inherit the earth

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2005 08:16:57 PM »

FYI if you plan to have an email mailing list or newsletter, or have email communications with clients, the CAN SPAM act requries that email communications from businesses have a physical address posted in the email so that customers know you are a real place and not some spammer.

I think the PO box/UPS store is the best option. I am about to switch to a PO box b/c the box at the UPS store was very expensive and I have NEVER used it. In a whole year I have never had any customer or anyone I gave my business card want to contact me in any way besides email.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Sabin Willett on the Inspiration Behind Abide With Me
The Hormone Cure: Easy Tips For Better Sleep
The Hormone Cure: Easy Tips For Improving Your Sex Life
The Hormone Cure: Easy Tips for Reducing Stress
Mary and Lou and Rhoda and Ted by Jennifer Armstrong
Latest Blog Articles
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...