A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 302,562
Currently Running With Scissors:
735 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Favorite Song Swap Gallery!!  (Read 7047 times)
Tags for this thread: decemberists  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jMi
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2005 08:04:34 PM »

Holy crap, I cannot believe you got that already! 4-6 weeks my butt! I guess it only takes 3 business days to ship from Virginia to Sweden!!! Cheesy

I'm so happy you liked everything! I didn't know if I was going on on a limb by doing a beach theme, because I thought everyone else would be doing a music one.. but I decided that since it was a personal song for you and your boy, it = love and love = paradise and paradise = beaches and your song had lyrics about beaches Wink It was just too perfect to pass up.

To go into detail about the messed up projects, the first one was a hand painted memory board. It was completely hand painted (still have it sitting behind my door!), and I was getting ready to get it all attached when my boyfriend started pointing out all these little technical "flaws" on why he didn't think my idea of putting it together would work. So he pissed me off enough that I decided to change my mind. So, I decided to do a complete t-shirt surgery. So I went and got a plain white t-shirt, and re-conned it so it was a cute v-necked tank (uber cute for a first re-con, if I do say so myself!), and printed out lyrics from my computer and ironed them onto the shirt. Everything looked perfect as I peeled it up, until *you know who* (yes, the boyfriend) pointed out that one tiny piece wasn't sitting right. He INSISTED I go back and fix it. He swore it would be fine if I did it, so I gave him the benefit of the doubt.. and low and behold, my entire t-shirt was ruined. Sad So, big idea #2 down the toilet. It's actually sitting on the desk next to me.
He almost ruined the box too. If you look on the inside you'll see some of the acrylic stuff that poured in there. He wanted to help SO BADLY (felt bad for ruining the shirt), so he begged me to let him to that part. Well I let him do that and we had to let it set for 3 whole days and on the 3rd day I went to open it to find out my wonderful boyfriend hadn't checked for leaks and sealed the entire box shut. He had to pry it open. I then had to sand and repaint all the edges, so that it would close again. *sigh*

But hey, it was fun! hehe
And I'm glad you liked it!
The jewelry looks cute on you too!

Edited to add: Don't worry about the sea shell Smiley I needed to think of a cute way to package the earrings and necklace so I threw the box together real quick. You could throw it away if you wanted lol
« Last Edit: July 20, 2005 08:08:47 PM by jMi » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://lifeadored.blogspot.com/
Getting back into crafting! Follow along with me on my blog and see what I come up with! Smiley
SheRa
Curiosity often leads to trouble.

Curiouser and curiouser!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2005 08:57:49 PM »

OH MY GOD!!!! i got 2 swap packages today, and one was a FANTASTIC purse from geeyouknit based on White Rabbit by Jefferson Airplane.  I took pix with my digital camera, but my boyfriend is editing video on my computer right now, so i can't upload them.  but i will soon!  i LOVE it!  it's not too big or too small, and it has tons of character.  thanks so so much!  and i'm really glad you liked my song too Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2005 06:41:52 AM »

...I'm glad you liked it!
Ofcourse I like it, I love it Smiley My boyfriend says he really likes it too. "I wouldn't want it myself, 'cause it's really not my style, but I really like it for you. It suits you. And I really like the little frame; that one IS my style."
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
geeyouknit
Likes to hear but not to listen, to say but not to tell.

Hole-in-the-wall diners. Yum.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2005 02:22:36 PM »

OH MY GOD!!!! i got 2 swap packages today, and one was a FANTASTIC purse from geeyouknit based on White Rabbit by Jefferson Airplane.  I took pix with my digital camera, but my boyfriend is editing video on my computer right now, so i can't upload them.  but i will soon!  i LOVE it!  it's not too big or too small, and it has tons of character.  thanks so so much!  and i'm really glad you liked my song too Smiley

I'm SOOOO glad you liked the purse! It was my first try at a messenger-esque bag. This is the second swap I have been in and you were a lot of fun to swap with!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

geeyouknit

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2005 02:23:15 PM »

jMi, I love the box! Is that resin on the top? How did you do that, it's cool. Where in VA are you from? I live in Richmond.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jazzybelle
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2005 02:55:01 PM »

Oh god, I feel like such a loser now. Everyone else's things are SO BEAUTIFUL. I spent a really long time putting mine together, but it's just not as...nice as everyone else's. It's more abstract and stuff...I hope my swap partner doesn't absolutely hate me. :-(
THIS ROCKS   Logged

***I love personal swaps!***
jMi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2005 04:40:38 PM »

geeyouknit- thanks! Smiley  came out better than i thought it would, honestly Wink lol -- yep, its epoxy resin!  its a mix you buy at ac moore (michaels and other craft stores carry it too im sure), you mix, pour (carefully, might i add, since its quite toxic!), and let it set for 3 days!

Im in Virginia Beach Smiley
Are you having some of this pretty weather too? *sigh* It pours down rain and literally two seconds later the sun shines, and then it pours again and then sun... I'm moving, I swear it. Wink

also, i think we share a name.. differently spelled though. I'm Jamie Smiley lol
« Last Edit: July 21, 2005 04:42:50 PM by jMi » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Getting back into crafting! Follow along with me on my blog and see what I come up with! Smiley
geeyouknit

« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2005 08:14:53 PM »

Im in Virginia Beach Smiley
Are you having some of this pretty weather too? *sigh* It pours down rain and literally two seconds later the sun shines, and then it pours again and then sun... I'm moving, I swear it. Wink

also, i think we share a name.. differently spelled though. I'm Jamie Smiley lol

Woa, this is nuts, lol, wouldn't it have been interesting if we had gotten paired up?? Yeah I spell my name Jami... my parents had to change it up, lol.

Oh the weather here is TERRIBLE, but the rain is almost a welcome relief from the 100% humidity....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jMi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2005 06:18:20 AM »

Ahh yes, the humidity. Another friend of ours down here at the Beach  Roll Eyes It's been so icky lately, I don't even like to go outside. People keep asking me why I always wear my hair in a pony lately and I'm like "Yeah.. curly hair and this humidity DO NOT work together!" lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SheRa
Curiosity often leads to trouble.

Curiouser and curiouser!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2005 02:10:01 PM »

here's my wonderful bag!!  (i'm also wearing the items made from another swap - they all got to me on the same day, and were all blue!  what are the chances?)

the material on the inside is so great too!  thank you so much again!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Lemon Blueberry Pancake Recipe
How to Make Sassy Tailgate Sandwiches
Brown Butter Buttermilk Pancakes Recipe
Easy Homemade Chicken, Sausage and Seafood Gumbo
The Ultimate Muffaletta MANwich
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...