A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 296,710
Currently Running With Scissors:
556 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Favorite Song Swap Gallery!!  (Read 7068 times)
Tags for this thread: decemberists  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SheRa
Curiosity often leads to trouble.

Curiouser and curiouser!

View Profile WWW
« on: July 18, 2005 08:35:20 PM »

Here's the illustration I made and sent to geeyouknit (she got it today):

**edit - i figure it'd be good to explain why i did what i did, and what the song was called --  i went with the butterfly because her song is from an album called "misery is a butterfly", which also explains the dripping.  the song was called "pink love" and the lyrics were beautiful.  i wanted to express the sadness/isolation of the song while keeping with pink colors and then adding the hearts so it all tied together.**
« Last Edit: July 18, 2005 08:47:24 PM by SheRa » THIS ROCKS   Logged

starpiste
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2005 08:39:41 PM »

I love what you did!

Thanks for starting the gallery. Other people should be receiving soon.

Here's a link to the original swap thread: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=37010.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2005 09:06:46 AM by starpiste » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2005 05:28:22 AM »

I adore that butterfly Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
geeyouknit
Likes to hear but not to listen, to say but not to tell.

Hole-in-the-wall diners. Yum.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2005 11:03:15 AM »

Yeah, Ashley (SheRa) is a brilliant artist! I loved it!

And Ashley, I went to your website, you rock!

-JAMI
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SheRa
Curiosity often leads to trouble.

Curiouser and curiouser!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2005 11:55:05 AM »

awww thanks!  it's so great to be able to find swaps where i can use my illustration style to trade people for craftiness.  i'm so glad you like it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jMi
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2005 01:43:32 PM »

Wow that kicks so much ass!!!

I can't wait to see the rest! Mine went in the mail Saturday  Embarrassed A day late.. oy vay. I blame it on my boyfriend though. Every disaster that happened with this whole thing, I blame on him. I will explain in better detail once my partner gets her package to I don't accidentally give anything anway Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://lifeadored.blogspot.com/
Getting back into crafting! Follow along with me on my blog and see what I come up with! Smiley
Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2005 04:29:32 PM »

I will explain in better detail once my partner gets her package to I don't accidentally give anything anway Smiley

hehehe
I'm probably gonna send out tomorrow 'cause then I'm gonna have a chance to get by the post office, and I hope that the post office will be real speedy for once
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
jMi
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2005 06:31:49 PM »

Yeah, the post office told me that it would take 4-6 weeks to send to Sweden!  Shocked My boyfriends mom (a postal worker) said they were full of shit and it should be there in no time Wink She said the "4-6 week" deal is to cover their asses incase it gets lost.

No one else has recieved yet? Can't wait to see! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://lifeadored.blogspot.com/
Getting back into crafting! Follow along with me on my blog and see what I come up with! Smiley
Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2005 06:10:12 AM »

Yeah, the post office told me that it would take 4-6 weeks to send to Sweden!  Shocked My boyfriends mom (a postal worker) said they were full of shit and it should be there in no time Wink She said the "4-6 week" deal is to cover their asses incase it gets lost.
Haha.. when I sent to holland for the wonderland swap it took about 4 weeks.. but when I sent to the states it took five days.. so it's very much "give or take a month"
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2005 05:55:11 PM »

Man, that was quick! Went to fetch the package from jMi today only I expected it to be from a completely different swap. (and I didn't know who it was from when I went to the post office to get it ofcourse...) And then I see that the huge package doesn't say "holland" as expected...

Opened it in the car on the way over to my parents house. As soon as I got back home, this happened

You turn your back for two minutes...

Anyway.

The colors are very funky for some reason. Imagine everything which contains any tiny hue of red a bit less red Wink

I got this really cute letter set

And I'm completely in love with the neon pens too.

Then there was this cute little box

Though the seashell had fallen off... But I can glue it back on. Smiley

And inside I found this wonderful jewellry set which matched my outfit for dinner perfectly Grin

It looked even better on me when I was less tired and my hair wasn't as messed up after having been outside in the rain and wind playing games. (we're just like that)

I got a tiny closeup on the necklace

But none on the earrings! Gah! Didn't think that far... *sigh* But they're super gorgeus.. If I know the terms correctly, the "pendant" and the bottom bits of the earrings are abalone. The earrings are like.. hooks.. with a long metal bit/staff/pokeythingyIcan'tname'causeit'stoolateatnight with two of those white discs at the end, and a piece of abalone hanging from that bit.

Um... Sorry for the lame desc. jMi, if you have a good pic of the earrings, please post them! I suck at taking pics of earrings, partially 'cause I haven't got the ears for earrings if you look that closely.

Aaand the main event!

There's this palm tree beach image under a big chunk of what I assume is resin or something (my boyfriend and my father thought it was glass at first) and there's bits of lyrics and in each corner are actual seashells with the top rising above the resin Smiley
Around the lid is also lyrics, bits that feel extra relevant in connection to the reason I gave for choosing this song...
In the front there is a really nice metal frame to put a tiny photo in.

Open up! And there's a mirror in the lid! And three compartments with images in the bottom.

And if yuo remove those...

You reach the bottom of the box, and just looking at it makes me feel like I'm on a tropical beach of my own.

*sighs happily*
I'm so in love with this. And my boyfriend seemed to really like the it too. He also said that he loved the jewellry on me.

And as a result, what I almost sent away today feels like it completely sucks! Aarrrgh! I have to make more and better things, quickly! *would be drowning in swap nerves if it wasn't so late at night*

o_O
« Last Edit: July 20, 2005 05:58:17 PM by Melladh » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Paper Cut Music Video
The Crafty Chica Interview
How to Use Natural Fabric Dye
Hand Sewing a Blind Skirt Hem
How to Make a Costume Corset
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...