A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 296,762
Currently Running With Scissors:
402 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Uni(versity) Swap (SIGNUP CLOSED; MAIL BY 8/31/05)  (Read 2101 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

girlfriday

I'm NOT a monkey!

View Profile
« on: July 18, 2005 07:36:20 PM »

Swap name: Uni Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: girlfriday
Sign-up date range: 7/18/05-/7/31/05
Date to send item by: 8/31/05

Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): no limit

Non-U.S. participants allowed? Yes

All ages allowed? Or 18+? All Ages

Organizer is aware of current list of "suspended traders"
list and will not allow those members to participate: YES

Organizer meets the 4 conditions for swapping and will make sure that every participant meets these conditions: YES

Details of swap:

This swap is for anyone in college, as well as alumni and other fans. The idea is actually to send a college care package, but if you are an alumni or something, we'll make arrangements for that too.

Ideas for stuff to send:
jewelry, knit or crocheted items, or sewn items in uni colors or with uni logo
bath and body products
school supplies (book covers, decorated folders or pencil boxes, journals, bags)
delicious homeade goodies
picture frames
and MUCH, MUCH MORE!

Remember you can always check out commercial care packages for ideas.

If you want to participate, information to send to organizer:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap
Craftster username
Email address
Your real name
Mailing address
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside of the US?
1. What's your uni name/mascot/colors? (Post pictures if you'd like so your swapper can see the right colors, etc.)
2. Are you a undergrad? (If, so what year? Frosh, Soph, Jun'r, Sen'r) or Are you a grad student or alumni? Or fan?
3. What subjects are you taking/majoring/interested in? Sports, clubs, etc?
4. Do you live in a dorm?
5. Anything specific that you are hoping to get?
6. What crafts are you likely to do? (Do you knit, crochet, embroider, sew, paper-craft, etc?)

Really, if you'd like to write a little paragraph about your situation (basically answering these questions and adding any other relevant information), then I can just send that on to your swapper.
A sample paragraph might be something like:

"I'm a freshman at Texas A&M. Whoop! Our mascot is the Aggies and our colors are maroon and white. I'm majoring in engineering but am really more interested in FOOTBALL!! I plan to go to every game. I'd love to get an A&M scarf to keep me warm at the winter games. I'll be living in the dorms and taking English, Calculus, Chemistry, and History. I'll really miss my best friend; we've known each other since kindergarten, but now she's going to a different school. Gig 'em!

For my swapper, I plan to make some bath products and probably some jewelry."

Don't worry about going into detail about what you plan to make. But I can use that information to put people together with swappers who make the kind of items the particularly want, if possible.

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Swappers so far:
girlfriday
icrispyi
Rakuette
StarSix
aspiring
missystuhff
« Last Edit: July 31, 2005 08:17:02 AM by girlfriday » THIS ROCKS   Logged

What is love? As far as I can tell, it is passion, admiration and respect. If you have two, you have enough. If you have all three, you don't have to die to go to heaven."
William Wharton
StarSix
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2005 11:13:50 PM »

Ohhh...I'm seriously considering this.  But would anyone be willing to ship to Canada?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's not Beethoven, but it sure bounces!

~ The Aristocats
icrispyi

Trying to build swap karma

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2005 11:41:39 PM »

this is an awesome swap. do you think the send by date should be later? I mean, it'd be cool for everyone to get their packages at school (for those of us moving/returning to campus). I'm not too sure when everyone goes back.

Ohhh! We should also do this after winter break (in Jan).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gotta build good swap karma!

My Crafter-Stalker Cheat Sheet:
http://www.livejournal.com/users/cmhkorn/319720.html
girlfriday

I'm NOT a monkey!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2005 06:40:01 AM »

Ohhh...I'm seriously considering this.  But would anyone be willing to ship to Canada?

That won't be a problem. If no one else will send to Canada, I will. Cheesy

do you think the send by date should be later? I mean, it'd be cool for everyone to get their packages at school (for those of us moving/returning to campus). I'm not too sure when everyone goes back.

Good point. Should we move it back to Sept 30? Do you guys think that will cover it? That would give us a lot of time to put together some really awesome care packages.

Ohhh! We should also do this after winter break (in Jan).

I'd thought of that too! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

What is love? As far as I can tell, it is passion, admiration and respect. If you have two, you have enough. If you have all three, you don't have to die to go to heaven."
William Wharton
ADHDCraftster
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2005 07:20:44 AM »

Why wait that long?  Sending out the end of August would be perfect dont you think because that's when school starts!!! (well mine does anyways, not exactly sure bout everyone else).

Also, would we send stuff from our school to someone or would we try to find stuff for someone else's school?

You know what would be a cool idea?  University T-shirt/Sweatshirt swaps!  But instead send out two or three shirts to different people and get that many back!  University T's are super super cheap and you actually usually get a better deal if you buy two or more at the same time. (Again, at least at my university this is how things work, not sure bout every other university in america though!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If it weren't for physics and law enforcement, I'd be unstoppable...
girlfriday

I'm NOT a monkey!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2005 07:34:33 AM »

What if we said send by Sept 17? That gives people a chance to get into their dorms and stuff and it's still in the couple weeks of school for most of us. Right??
THIS ROCKS   Logged

William Wharton
icrispyi

Trying to build swap karma

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2005 09:07:08 AM »

What if we said send by Sept 17? That gives people a chance to get into their dorms and stuff and it's still in the couple weeks of school for most of us. Right??

Okay. maybe we could keep the end of August date... but if someone's going back to school after that date, they can work something out with the person they're receiving from? Yay! I'm excited Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gotta build good swap karma!

My Crafter-Stalker Cheat Sheet:
http://www.livejournal.com/users/cmhkorn/319720.html
girlfriday

I'm NOT a monkey!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2005 09:28:21 AM »

Okay. maybe we could keep the end of August date... but if someone's going back to school after that date, they can work something out with the person they're receiving from? Yay! I'm excited Cheesy

That sounds reasonable. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

William Wharton
girlfriday

I'm NOT a monkey!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2005 10:50:46 AM »

Also, would we send stuff from our school to someone or would we try to find stuff for someone else's school?

That's up to you. The idea is to send a care package. I figure there will be some stuff that is general "back to school"/college care package stuff, then in addition there would be some stuff that is particular to the uni the receiver attends. But if you also wanted to add something from your own uni that would be up to you.  Smiley

A sample care package could include:
a decorated photo frame, a purse or tote in their school colors, a couple bookcovers, some yummies, and maybe some little fun school supplies (just something cute and useful you found).

But you could definitely throw in a pencil, tshirt, sticker, or whatever from your uni too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

William Wharton
naiara

ociffer, take me drunk, i'm home.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2005 12:44:17 PM »

aaaaa i soo wanna join this, but i can't!! i already joined a swap and it's my first one :\\
damn. hee hee.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quick and Easy Organizer
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...