A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 298,096
Currently Running With Scissors:
442 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 23
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Projects from Weekend Knitting by Melanie Falick  (Read 45348 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

swellgirl
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2004 08:24:27 PM »

I just finished the mittens.  Now I wish it were colder!  I didn't like how the directions were written.  Just too many words.

tinygoatstacker-I am going to start the Perfect Pie Shawl tomorrow.    I was in the same situation you were.  I kept going back to the mohair, but I'm not real sure how much use I'll get out of a shawl.  So, I think I am going to use the Homespun.  I've used the Jiffy before on a toddler's sweater.  Nice, but a bit heavy.  I've used the Homespun once before and was surprised with how light it was.  Not mohair, but hey.  I figure if it doesn't work out, I can make the yoga pants from Interweave.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

swellgirl
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2004 09:23:22 AM »

tinygoatstacker-
Jiffy is much easier than the Homespun.  I was wrong.  Very wrong!  

I found some Imagine by Lion Brand and will try this before I go to the Jiffy.  It is 20% Mohair and it feels lighter than the Jiffy.  Almost the same gauge as the Berroco & cost close to Jiffy.  

Fuschia will be very pretty.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2004 01:05:18 PM by swellgirl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

tinygoatstacker

Why can't puffins eat pancakes instead?

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2004 01:32:17 PM »

Thanks swellgirl! I think I'm going to try Lion Brand Imagine for... something. It sounds lovely! Smiley  
I love your mittens! The color is awesome.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bumblebees, bumblebees... tiny and small, tiny and small....
gloriana
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2004 07:30:44 AM »

Has anyone else done the fluffy camisole with cowl?  I finished it recently and was not all that psyched by how it turned out.  The removable cowl just doesn't seem to drape all that well on me - I tried seaming part of it to the back of the neck and that just made it worse.  Plus I don't really like how you can see the V-neck of the top underneath the cowl.  The pattern itself is quite easy and the lace pattern is lovely, just am not all that thrilled with the shape/drape of the top...  would love some info from others who have made this top.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my knitblog - A Mingled Yarn
http://amingledyarn.wordpress.com
cameras4toys

"Tears are the orgasm of laughter!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2004 04:40:35 PM »

I am planning to make the camisole - with Kid Silk Haze - anyone have a photo of this done other than on the model?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kmj44

Punk Rock Knitter!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2004 11:24:56 AM »

I've made the Super Mittens (I used Lamb's Pride Bulky, ladies size is only 1 skein), the flower washcloth, and the two-toned hat (I can't remember the name of it.)  The two toned hat was rather difficult to amster and it turned out way too small - my stitches ended up being really tight on this, very unusual for me.  My knitting group has all made the long scarf using Wool Ease Thick & Quick and it works wonderfully.

There are so many projects in this book that I want to do!! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
greenchick

Enough to make a pearl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2004 01:18:41 PM »

I bought a really ugly sweater at the Salvation Army for $2.99 for the express purpose of "recyling" the fairly cool yarn (a pretty chocolate varrigated color) and this morning, I was bored (but not bored enough to start the increases on Salt Peanuts) so I decided to make the Uptown Scarf from Weekend Knitting. Instead of using just the one yarn, I added a rainbow eyelash yarn with slubs that I picked up at AC Moore. I think that I used about 100 yards (or two sleeves as the case may be  Tongue) and am fairly pleased with the outcome. My daughter thinks it looks like a "teacher" scarf . . . I guess that means no allowance for the week.

Jill

THIS ROCKS   Logged

artistrachelmarie
Rachel Marie

Knitty Dirty Girl

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2004 05:46:18 AM »

the directions were so frustrating!!!! they were like 4 pages long for those little gloves! haha
THIS ROCKS   Logged

knitoramamomma

knitorama llama

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2004 04:57:28 AM »

greenchick....I love the way your scarf turned out!  Looks great......love long scarves like that. I have thummed through this book and I think I will just have to go ahead and get it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

livilovesolives
« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2004 10:52:40 AM »

I made the gloves (with slight alterations) for my mom as a christmas present, and I totally agree that the directions were wayyyy too wordy. But I love LOVE love how they turned out.. I am so making some for myself next.

« Last Edit: December 15, 2004 10:58:34 AM by livilovesolives » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 23 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How To Take A Perfect Selfie
Pixi Blush & Bronzer Review
The Best Way to Fill in Your Brows
Birchbox Limited Edition Box: In Full Bloom
How to Get the Perfect Red Lip
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...