A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 300,908
Currently Running With Scissors:
552 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 23
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Projects from Weekend Knitting by Melanie Falick  (Read 45723 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

swellgirl
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2004 08:24:27 PM »

I just finished the mittens.  Now I wish it were colder!  I didn't like how the directions were written.  Just too many words.

tinygoatstacker-I am going to start the Perfect Pie Shawl tomorrow.    I was in the same situation you were.  I kept going back to the mohair, but I'm not real sure how much use I'll get out of a shawl.  So, I think I am going to use the Homespun.  I've used the Jiffy before on a toddler's sweater.  Nice, but a bit heavy.  I've used the Homespun once before and was surprised with how light it was.  Not mohair, but hey.  I figure if it doesn't work out, I can make the yoga pants from Interweave.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

swellgirl
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2004 09:23:22 AM »

tinygoatstacker-
Jiffy is much easier than the Homespun.  I was wrong.  Very wrong!  

I found some Imagine by Lion Brand and will try this before I go to the Jiffy.  It is 20% Mohair and it feels lighter than the Jiffy.  Almost the same gauge as the Berroco & cost close to Jiffy.  

Fuschia will be very pretty.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2004 01:05:18 PM by swellgirl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

tinygoatstacker

Why can't puffins eat pancakes instead?

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2004 01:32:17 PM »

Thanks swellgirl! I think I'm going to try Lion Brand Imagine for... something. It sounds lovely! Smiley  
I love your mittens! The color is awesome.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bumblebees, bumblebees... tiny and small, tiny and small....
gloriana
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2004 07:30:44 AM »

Has anyone else done the fluffy camisole with cowl?  I finished it recently and was not all that psyched by how it turned out.  The removable cowl just doesn't seem to drape all that well on me - I tried seaming part of it to the back of the neck and that just made it worse.  Plus I don't really like how you can see the V-neck of the top underneath the cowl.  The pattern itself is quite easy and the lace pattern is lovely, just am not all that thrilled with the shape/drape of the top...  would love some info from others who have made this top.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my knitblog - A Mingled Yarn
http://amingledyarn.wordpress.com
cameras4toys

"Tears are the orgasm of laughter!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2004 04:40:35 PM »

I am planning to make the camisole - with Kid Silk Haze - anyone have a photo of this done other than on the model?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kmj44

Punk Rock Knitter!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2004 11:24:56 AM »

I've made the Super Mittens (I used Lamb's Pride Bulky, ladies size is only 1 skein), the flower washcloth, and the two-toned hat (I can't remember the name of it.)  The two toned hat was rather difficult to amster and it turned out way too small - my stitches ended up being really tight on this, very unusual for me.  My knitting group has all made the long scarf using Wool Ease Thick & Quick and it works wonderfully.

There are so many projects in this book that I want to do!! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
greenchick

Enough to make a pearl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2004 01:18:41 PM »

I bought a really ugly sweater at the Salvation Army for $2.99 for the express purpose of "recyling" the fairly cool yarn (a pretty chocolate varrigated color) and this morning, I was bored (but not bored enough to start the increases on Salt Peanuts) so I decided to make the Uptown Scarf from Weekend Knitting. Instead of using just the one yarn, I added a rainbow eyelash yarn with slubs that I picked up at AC Moore. I think that I used about 100 yards (or two sleeves as the case may be  Tongue) and am fairly pleased with the outcome. My daughter thinks it looks like a "teacher" scarf . . . I guess that means no allowance for the week.

Jill

THIS ROCKS   Logged

artistrachelmarie
Rachel Marie

Knitty Dirty Girl

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2004 05:46:18 AM »

the directions were so frustrating!!!! they were like 4 pages long for those little gloves! haha
THIS ROCKS   Logged

knitoramamomma

knitorama llama

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2004 04:57:28 AM »

greenchick....I love the way your scarf turned out!  Looks great......love long scarves like that. I have thummed through this book and I think I will just have to go ahead and get it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

livilovesolives
« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2004 10:52:40 AM »

I made the gloves (with slight alterations) for my mom as a christmas present, and I totally agree that the directions were wayyyy too wordy. But I love LOVE love how they turned out.. I am so making some for myself next.

« Last Edit: December 15, 2004 10:58:34 AM by livilovesolives » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 23 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Magic of Puppetry
How to make a Chocolate Vodka Martini
How to Audition
INVADER- Rubix Cubism- Indoor- Part 2
Space Invader- Binary Code Street Art- Part 1
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...