A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 298,729
Currently Running With Scissors:
677 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: not used to kitties being around  (Read 13349 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pibbgirl
« Reply #70 on: October 25, 2005 06:11:49 PM »

mine pulls pins out too.  I have to hide my pin cusion!  Two nights ago he comes and sits down in front of me and I see that he's chewing on and playing with a big needle that he stole off of a cross stitch project I had.  So I get up take the needle away and when I get back to the couch 30 seconds later he's up eating the chips I had out.  I swear he planned the whole thing  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dooney
Remnants are a girl's best friend.

Wiggle eyes make my world go 'round.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #71 on: October 28, 2005 10:04:48 AM »

hahahaha what a brat!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

watchgirl
« Reply #72 on: October 29, 2005 12:20:25 PM »

I've been trying to make a couple of Arigurumi frogs for my cousin.  My cat Pat (Patrick Edward Brown) likes to play with balled up socks & mittens.  He claimed the first frog I made.  That was okay by me.  I put the eyes on the front instead of the top of the head.  I started working on the body of a new frog.  I got that done and started working on the head.  The body stayed on the coffee table for a couple of days, unnoticed by Pat.  I finished up the head this morning.  I go to get the body and it's missing.  I started looking under couches and tables and I finally find the body.  IN THE LITTER BOX! grrr.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Jo19

one of my crew at the computer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: March 17, 2006 04:41:17 PM »

Just try living with 19!   Craftroom is definitely out of bounds to them all - FAR too dangerous - so is the kitchen and bathroom, but they LOVE being in bed with me).

Jo19 (hence the nickname)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Alll round crafter, and designer.  Please feel free to email me.
guinthegoodwitch
« Reply #74 on: March 18, 2006 09:57:17 AM »

my sydney kitty, love to play with pins. when I am sewing she likes to pull the pins out of what ever i just pinned together. She also likes to chew on my patterns too and layin the middle of my fabric. I have 3 others and they don't usually bother my craft stuff,
THIS ROCKS   Logged
razorsharp

rely a bit too heavily on alcohol and irony.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #75 on: March 18, 2006 05:16:41 PM »

I live in a relatively small space with my fiancee. We live in a room in his parents house while we save up for our own place. (we're in college and live in las vegas, WAAAY spendy here.) so there's the preface, suffice to say we have a lot of stuff in a small space. like i said we both go to school full time, i work full time and my boyfriend designs websites as well. i craft, alot. alot alot. i'm currently working on a baby blanket made up of granny squares. i have about thirty squares done and sitting in a basket beside my nightstand. my cat is co dependant, because i usually spend so much time with her. well, i was away for one weekend (i'm also the president of the honor society at school and travel a lot for that.) and when i came home, my squares where knocked over. when i counted them, two were missing. i asked my boyfriend and he said the cat (we call her the buhunkis) had one in her mouth the last time he saw her. when i went searching, i found the cat, and a very wet, very chewed granny square under the couch. evidently she had taken it and 'groomed' it for the entire weekend while i was away. the prevailing theory is that it smelled like me (mom) and she missed me, so she took it.

i still can't find the other missing square. i've since moved all my projects into large flat containers that slide under our bed.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

design. dye. knit. spin. sip.
philospud
« Reply #76 on: March 18, 2006 07:08:37 PM »

I just moved into a house and my roommate across the hall got a kitten back in September.  This is my first time ever living with a cat.  I'm a dog person and even when my dog was destructive, he wasn't allowed anywhere near the craft/sewing room. 

Well, that kitten is a giant terror.  We have a theory that he's really aggressive and destructive because he was taken away from his mommy a little too early (my parents had a mean cat and she was taken away too early, too).  The first day I moved in some of my craft stuff, it was in an open box in the corner.  When I came back a day later, I found a good portion of it (ribbon and measuring tape) downstairs.  I've never been able to reclaim that measuring tape because the moment I pick it up he runs over to chew on it.  My room was his owner's former room (she moved into the bigger room across the hall before I moved in), so he still LOVES to come into my room and explore.  I got a new sewing desk and was taking one of the drawers to fill it up and when I sorted out all my small things, I go to put it in the drawer....and there's a kitten in there.  He also takes my half started crochet projects and chews them off the ball of yarn and runs off with it.  It ends up behind a couch in stink-land. 

And for some reason he freaks out and jumps on my computer desk to examine the screen *only* when I'm looking at craftster.  No lie, I swear!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
flying_babyb
Monkey Queen

Monkey QUEEN

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 20, 2006 08:17:31 PM »

omg- I just gatta tell ya what my baby bosco did.  My ma was helping me finish my quilt. shes got it layed out in two layers and is adding the ties. well my silly baby procedes to crawl in and start swatting at my fat cat who made the mistake of walking accrossed it. THe two ended up chewing a hole in the middle trying to fight it out.  made me so angry. I love him now though. Somehow hes figured out im alerigic to bees. Well, ive got holes in my craft room wall (and a broken window sill) so the bees keep getting in. My baby has been stalking them down and attacking them (there slugglish, possible leftovers from last year) He had  a real blast trying to attack the duck tape I was using to seal the window LOL.  I love the funny kitty stories. Bosco  has spent time in the fridge too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Monkey girl
elfin enigma
« Reply #78 on: March 20, 2006 08:39:39 PM »

i love how many people have their critters as their avatar pictures.  so cute!  my kitty's old, so not as mischievous, he mostly just plops into a pile of fabric, usually the stuff i want to use!  or sits on patterns [he loves paper, he used to eat it in his more sprightly days] and today he was inspecting the iron...not on, thank goodness.  the dog doesn't get into the crafting...probably only because i do it in an area he's not allowed in.  he causes enough trouble knocking entire quiches off the counter and having himself a nice little feast.   Angry   
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cheesydish
« Reply #79 on: March 21, 2006 01:40:20 PM »

oh i read something about a dog pulling out pins of a pin cushion. had to share....

we have a lovely but dumb as a rock dog, who once decided a pincushion = ideal chew toy! we left him alone in our basement for a while and we come back.  not only do we have pins alllll over the carpet (yes we discovered this ourselves.) but we think he had also swallowed some.  we called the vet, who said to worry only if he started acting funny, and that he had probably not really swallowed any.  he turned out fine, but gained no wisdom.

he did the same thing the next week.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw the Graffiti Letter H
How to Draw the Graffiti Letter I
How to Draw the Graffiti Letter J
How to Draw the Graffiti Letter L
How to Draw the Graffiti Letter K
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse
Challenge #104 Halloween Costume Winner
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...