A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 299,173
Currently Running With Scissors:
378 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: not used to kitties being around  (Read 13402 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

stickysweetfun

only slightly faster than a one-legged armadillo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: October 13, 2005 05:09:03 PM »

Oh, and I know my post is getting a bit long...but I just have to share this....in hopes perhaps that some kindly crafter can offer me some sort of guidance...She's been hanging out in the bathroom (specifically the tub) a lot lately. The other day, after a shower I caught her hunkering down over the top of the tub drain and taking a pee! I didn't have the heart to be mad at her, since she'd saved me the trouble of cleaning that out of her box, but I'm baffled by it. Should I encourage or discourage this? Is she trying to be like me and use the toilet...and just kind of messed up the concept? The Bad Cat has never had an accident outside her box (not even when we first got her!) so I know she understands where the proper place to "go" is.

One of my cats (I have six!) will pee in the tub when she thinks the litter box is dirty -- of course, she's quite the fastidious one, so anything more than one or two clumps means (to her) that it's filthy.  Unfortunately, she has also taken to peeing ON THE PILLOW of the guest bed (in my craft room), and frequently on the mats in front of the litter box, so she spends most of her time outdoors as a result.  I guess we're lucky that she prefers it outside, where there are lots of lizards and baby snakes to kill   Angry
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ohsaline
THE MEEK. THEY WANT IT ALL.

the desert queen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: October 17, 2005 06:33:56 PM »

my old kitty (full name Kitty Witty Toto Pongo Wendy....haha I was four when I named him) used to love to chase laser pointers too!!  he also would sit next to me when I was writing something and chase the tip of the pen and bite it.  he liked to sit in the middle of all my papers, too, if I was reorganizing my binder for school or something he'd jump on my bed and plant himself on top of the scattered papers.  I miss that kitty Sad

My cat now, Artemis, is pretty mellow...she mostly likes to sit in the middle of whatever fabric i'm using, or just get up in my face and nudge me to pet her.  she doesnt really ever chase things...she's too lazy :-D
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've come to read you the stuff from my father's book, that we're hoping to get a publisher for. It's called the holy biblee. We may change the pronunciation on that. But we think a biblee is what people should have.
fairywaywings
« Reply #62 on: October 19, 2005 10:37:54 AM »

My new kitty, "catman", is soooo bathroom curious.  If he sees a guy friend of mine using the toilet, he's fascinated and has to watch.  He likes to play in the tub when it's dry, but hasn't grasped the concept of what the tub is actually for yet. 
So, the other night, I'm taking a bubble bath, and he's on the edge trying to get at some bubbles, and he goes to move to the other side of the tub, and he slipped in!! Oh, he scratched me something awful trying to get a toehold, so that he could get out of the tub...
Of course, my bath was interrupted, and I had to go and see about my sopping wet cat.. I dried him off with a towel, he was very very upset with me..
But now, days later, he smells conditioned and good.. and his fur is very soft.. mmm. mr. bubbles cat.
 aww, poor catman.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
serenityinsleep
« Reply #63 on: October 19, 2005 11:52:14 AM »

Awww, poor kitty.  Cheesy

But at least he smells good! That's a plus. And now he's learned a very valuable lesson.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ClaireBear
« Reply #64 on: October 22, 2005 10:03:22 PM »

aren't kitties adorable little BEASTS!?!?!?  love ours so much but god damn is she ever a pain in the ass...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dooney
Remnants are a girl's best friend.

Wiggle eyes make my world go 'round.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #65 on: October 24, 2005 09:50:25 AM »

my rob just sniffed a lit candle. didn't get burned, but it was a shock. and then he tried to do it again. guess we can't light candles anymore. we've just been using the candle warmer we got from paul's mom.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Chelsea
« Reply #66 on: October 24, 2005 10:00:31 AM »

One of my cats is afraid of candles, so we used to be able to have them.  But our newest kitty is so nosy, she's gotten pretty close.  We keep ours on top of bookcases or the TV now...even though you can't smell them from there   Tongue   

I'm just afraid of having a streaking flaming tail fly through our house when they walk by a candle that's sitting on a coffee table Smiley   

THIS ROCKS   Logged
radal16
« Reply #67 on: October 25, 2005 09:05:55 AM »

I have to lock my cat in the bathroom if I'm pinning fabric.  I'll be busy cutting away, look up, and see him pulling the pins out!  With his teeth!  Sheesh
THIS ROCKS   Logged
wokeupafraud
it's always you in my big dreams

andrew mcmahonnnnn <3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: October 25, 2005 11:19:39 AM »

my cat has a fetish with pipe cleaners
THIS ROCKS   Logged

so I guess we're back to us, oh cameraman
swing the focus. In case I lost my train of
thought, where was it that we last left off?
let's pick up, pick up

http://home.promosquad.com/referal.shtml?referer=_heartacheontv&band=62
dooney
Remnants are a girl's best friend.

Wiggle eyes make my world go 'round.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #69 on: October 25, 2005 11:26:43 AM »

my mother-in-law's cat pulls the pins out of the pincushion with her teeth.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Basic Animation in Photoshop
How to Cut a Person or Object from a Picture in Photoshop
How to Use And Create Actions in Photoshop
How to Make a Grunge Background in Photoshop
How to Make a Runescape Scene in 3ds Max Part 2/2
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...