A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,440
Currently Running With Scissors:
469 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: not used to kitties being around  (Read 13133 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

dooney
Remnants are a girl's best friend.

Wiggle eyes make my world go 'round.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2005 08:06:58 AM »

Rob stole a twenty from my husband once. It's like he knows what it is, because he grabbed it and took off, and he doesn't usually take off like that. he usually wants to play.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i_wonder88
« Reply #51 on: September 30, 2005 08:36:57 AM »

I love this thread. Lol. Cats are crazy ...

I have a one year old cat called Willow, and she is such a complete nutter. She sleeps in the bath, (when it's empty - obviously  Wink), knocks pencils from my hand while I'm drawing, stretches flat out on pieces of fabric I want to cut up, and drinks from the toilet (or did, before we cottoned on to what she was doing and started to put the lid down). She's also a master at escapism and at night when we close her catflap, she'll race with us to each window in the house to try and get out.

Every time I'm making something, I have to give her a bit of fabric to shred up, otherwise she gets bored and bites my ankles. (!) And when I'm beading stuff, she'll knock the string around in my hand backwards and forwards - so cute  Cheesy

Also, someone mentioned something about a cat in a fridge. When I was little, I shut my old cat, Goggles, in the fridge  Sad I was only little though, about three. He was okay! But he did eat an entire cucumber.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
serenityinsleep
« Reply #52 on: September 30, 2005 10:06:19 AM »

Also, someone mentioned something about a cat in a fridge. When I was little, I shut my old cat, Goggles, in the fridge  Sad I was only little though, about three. He was okay! But he did eat an entire cucumber.

Ahha! That made me laugh.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dooney
Remnants are a girl's best friend.

Wiggle eyes make my world go 'round.

« Reply #53 on: September 30, 2005 10:07:17 AM »

He was okay! But he did eat an entire cucumber.
that's so funny!

our tiger recently started peeing on things right in front of us (trying to tell us he had a urinary tract infection - he's on antibiotics now) and i got two big boxes of fabric from my grandma that didn't fit in my craft closet. you can bet i kept my eye on him.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

francie pants
« Reply #54 on: October 01, 2005 06:53:36 AM »

my cat, althea, used to tell me she was upset by peeing in my ROOMATE'S clean laundary basket LOLOLOLOL  Roll Eyes  thankfully that roomate is a future crazy cat lady, so she took it all in stride.  but every once in a while i give my fabric collection a thorough sniffing to make sure she's not being bad.  no, this time its the puppy who decided that under my cutting table is her personal toilet  Angry
THIS ROCKS   Logged
katiad
« Reply #55 on: October 06, 2005 02:02:29 AM »

*laugh* Love kitty threads. A couple weeks ago, I was knitting this fur-type scarf. Left it on the kitchen counter and went to the store and came back soon after. Didn't notice anything amiss, but..... When I went to go to work a couple hours later, I went to pick up my knitting (I work nights, so i knit a lot) and it was missing! I went frantically searching for it, and found a loooong trail of yarn leading all throughout the house. Apparently the silly cats had taken off with the scarf, needles and all!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TessTessi

Lily is my best friend

« Reply #56 on: October 09, 2005 11:53:36 AM »

When Max was a kitten (cat 1 of 3), I actually let him play with yarn leftovers.  He was often zooming around, pushing a little ball of yarn.  I thought it was cute, until one day, I heard a terrible noise coming from my bedroom.  To this day, I haven't figured out quite how he did it, but he hog tied himself to a radiator.  He must have been pushing the ball around under the radiator, around the leg, maybe batting it between his front paws, and things got out of control.  By the time he yowled loud enough, he had three of his legs wrapped very bound to the radiator.  I had to cut him out.  And he while he clearly wanted to be free, he wasn't so keen on me coming at him with scissors, so I ended up with a heck of a cut, some vacinations and blood all over the only pair of dressing trousers I owned.

Goober (cat 2 of 3, and aptly named) likes to bed down in yarn.  And he is really skinny - his weight varies with his health, but 8 lbs is not uncommon.  A friend of mine actually made it out my door and had reached into her knitting bag to get her car keys before she realized he was in there.

Tux (cat 3 of 3, and she has thumbs) likes to steal things.  Like pens, paper (I don't care when it is a wadded up reciept from my pocket, but I get a little upset when I see her scamper off with cash), bobbins, circular knitting needles, etc.  Tux likes to bat at yarn when I knit, but she is pretty good about stopping when I start getting really annoyed.

S

I nearly spit tea all over my computer screen!! The first story is the funniest thing I have every heard!!

I am getting a kitty for Christmas!!! I can't wait!! I have all sorts of plans Smiley I need to start making toys!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Holy flipping cow. I changed my profile picture after 4 years on here.

Love Alpacas?  Go visit: Alpaca Love Club
Come visit my website!  www.madebytess.com
Chelsea
« Reply #57 on: October 09, 2005 03:43:29 PM »

I had a thief of a cat yesterday too.  I'm working on a collage and the theft-worthy materials my cat took off with include a rolled up bit of paper ribbon, some plastic bottlecaps, artificial flowers, and some dried roses.   The dried roses I had hanging on a hanger way up in the air I kept seeing this black streak fly up towards the hanger out of the corner of my eye, and then a thud a split second after seeing the streak.  But my thief of a cat, Isis, isn't very graceful, so she can't jump very well and she was never able to reach the flowers.   Smiley

After an hour of this (and my own accident i posted in another thread about spilling the cup of water) I locked them in the bedroom.  Smiley 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
uglythreads

ugly threads make pretty things.

« Reply #58 on: October 12, 2005 02:52:23 PM »

This is a great thread! I'm enjoying all these bad kitties.

I have a kitten (about 6 months old). Her given name is Millie, but she doesn't know that. All she answers to is Bad Cat, because that's what she is.In the spring--before i adopted her--I planted some pots of herbs which I lovingly painted to label them, with pretty script and pictures of the flowers and leaves that they would be. Nice, eh?

After Bad Cat joined the family in July the plants started dying...one by one...she pushed each of them off their windowsill and broke the pots. Really, though, i suppose it's all my fault....it was inconsiderate of me not to leave the window open for her to walk around on, right?

Aside from having broken all my pots, she's taken a good crack at wiping out a knitting project or two. The most notable incident occured when I woke up to find that my BRAND NEW skein of pretty, fall-colored yarn that the lady at my LYS had wound up so nicely for me a few days before was ALL OVER my apartment! Bad Cat had managed to take the inner part and drag/bat it into the hall next to the kitchen. But she left the outer part in a big ball of mess in my room (the back bedroom)...with a long, multiple-strand trail connecting the two. It took me two days to sort it out so that I could start knitting with it.

She also likes to take pins out of my pincushion and bulletin board. She likes to play with the thumbtacks, so I kind of understand that part. But I've come home to a pincushion on my bed with all the pins out...and she's not a bit interested in them once she's pulled them out. I think she must do it to annoy me.

Oh, and I know my post is getting a bit long...but I just have to share this....in hopes perhaps that some kindly crafter can offer me some sort of guidance...She's been hanging out in the bathroom (specifically the tub) a lot lately. The other day, after a shower I caught her hunkering down over the top of the tub drain and taking a pee! I didn't have the heart to be mad at her, since she'd saved me the trouble of cleaning that out of her box, but I'm baffled by it. Should I encourage or discourage this? Is she trying to be like me and use the toilet...and just kind of messed up the concept? The Bad Cat has never had an accident outside her box (not even when we first got her!) so I know she understands where the proper place to "go" is.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Quote Captain Badass: "I am setting your heart on fire, so when you leave me I will burn on in your soul."
Chelsea
« Reply #59 on: October 13, 2005 04:37:25 PM »

But I've come home to a pincushion on my bed with all the pins out...and she's not a bit interested in them once she's pulled them out. I think she must do it to annoy me.

Coming home to a pincusion bed?  You're lucky.  I come home to a litter box bed.   Angry    lol. 

Peeing in the tub?  That's strange.  My cats have a fascination with the bathtub, but just to lick the water, they never pee, that I've seen.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Add a Foggy Effect to Your Images
A Photoshop Introduction
How to Setup Photoshop
How to Use the Magic Eraser in Photoshop
How to create Clipping Groups in Photoshop
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Buzy Bee Activity Chart
Craft Challenge #103 Announced - Foodie Frenzy 2
How to Make Tshirt Rugs

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...