A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 302,166
Currently Running With Scissors:
607 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: not used to kitties being around  (Read 13767 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

dooney
Remnants are a girl's best friend.

Wiggle eyes make my world go 'round.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #90 on: May 23, 2007 08:03:29 AM »

In our house, if it CAN fit under the fridge it will. Crafty tip for you all, for a buck at walmart you can get 50 extra large puff balls. These make great kitty toys and are cheap.
My cat only likes the sparkly ones.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

decoratorwannab
« Reply #91 on: May 23, 2007 11:02:47 AM »

Such mischievous kittens!  I'm always afraid my cat will get too close to the iron, I usually shut him up in the bedroom when the iron is hot.  He doesn't like it, but its for his own good.  Yesterday I caught him drinking out of a pan of water I had on the stove to make pasta.  Luckily it wasn't boiling yet, but it couldn't have been cool!  Got to keep an eye on him!

They are just like little kids aren't they...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
osiris
« Reply #92 on: May 24, 2007 03:06:31 AM »

We recently got a chocolate point Siamese kitten called Jackson (http://osiris.avast-there.com/lookit/jackson if anyone is interested!) and crafting is a nightmare with him now.  I tried knitting the other day, fully aware that he'd probably go after the ball of yarn.  Which is a nuisance but liveable.  But no.  He'd rather attack my knitting needles, which makes it rather difficult to knit at all!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
flying_babyb
Monkey Queen

Monkey QUEEN

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 28, 2007 01:41:52 PM »

kitty vs celophane

My cats try to be "helpful". Bosco loves to unwrap my suplies for me. Only problem is he MUST eat the celophane wrap. Right now hes eagerly stalking the tags (and plasic tag) off my goodwill lamp shades
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Monkey girl
angeltreats
« Reply #94 on: May 28, 2007 10:18:53 PM »

Jackson is gorgeous!

We just got back yesterday from a weekend away, to find that one of our cats has found a new place to sleep/snuggle/roll around.

Right on top of my fabric stash.

My lovely piece of vintage linen that I got at a jumble sale last week is covered in cat hair.  So is my nice red and white striped cotton that I was going to use today for a bag lining.

Grrr.

Oh, and bamboo dpns = kitty magnets, so it would seem.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

elfslovelies

This is my grandson :D

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 29, 2007 07:58:53 AM »

I love these stories! I do crazy quilting and crochet and my cat is always chasing the yarn , or the thread or attacking the needles. My oldest cat (George or fat cat) loves to eat plastic and lay on paper. My daughter draws alot and he is always laying on her paper when he thinks she has drawn enough and should pet him.

The newset cat (Seshey) likes to leave little things in my shoes. Usually the pull thing off a milk carton cap, but anything small and hard will do.

I have a craft room now, so I don't know how Seshey would react to my crafts, I don't let them in.

Dooney, my grandson (pictured in my avatar) was born the same day. He is the light of my life  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for a crafting buddy in upstate South Carolina. If your interested, please, PM me.
flying_babyb
Monkey Queen

Monkey QUEEN

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 29, 2007 05:33:05 PM »

My boz, god that cat!! I have a nice storage cube that holds my craft suplies. Well, boz has now figured out how to open it.... Needless to say I need new storage. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Monkey girl
PixieSkull
Glittery Macabre

Nat 20! Woot!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #97 on: December 07, 2008 09:59:50 PM »

My poor kitties have gotten into too much stuff to list. Straws are my friend now. A package of 100 straws lasts forever! The ladies like to lay on anything and everything new so I have to be careful. With all of my bath stuff laying around smelling all edible, it's a hassle to keep my Fattest out of the stuff. And all the dangerous materials involved with bath stuff... oy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*My Etsy Shop*~
I'm a level 9 rouge, b***h!
I do personal swaps!
deriana
« Reply #98 on: December 11, 2008 02:03:43 PM »

One of my cats, Cookie, used to love my glass-head pins. You could just see the tremendous satisfaction on her face when she was biting them off the pin cushion and dropping them EVERYWHERE!
At first I panicked and she seemed to have enjoyed my yelling, because she started doing it more often.  Angry
Once I stopped paying her any attention over that, she stopped.  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Buglady

Herding cats & chasing beads

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: December 22, 2008 11:04:59 AM »

I finally learned to put away my pins when I am finished sewing for the day... Molasses, now 12 years old, STILL won't leave the pincushion alone. And even though I haven't sewn in a couple of years, when I set everything up this weekends, both cats remembered that pattern tissue is to be sat on (Molasses) or shredded (Pickles). The Boy laughed his butt off at that - he hadn't seen the Sewing Circus.

Eventually the cats got bored and decided to go back to sitting on The Boy's computer keyboard. :lol:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bead Bugs, suncatchers & unique jewellery - www.theartfulsalamander.com
New Etsy shop! www.theartfulsalamander.etsy.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
"The Romanov Conspiracy" Book Trailer
Author Steven on His Book A Man and His Ship
Ursula Le Guin on the Map of Earthsea
Ursula Le Guin Discusses Lord of the Rings
Ursula Le Guin on Writing for Teens
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Pallet Shelf
Tute Tuesday: Creating a Travel Journal
Eggs? Eggzactly!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...