A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,110
Currently Running With Scissors:
624 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Human Cheese ??!!  (Read 8168 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

blue1

Crafty Xicanista

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2005 04:25:44 PM »

I read that in the weekly too and i was somewhat disturbed but i guess to each their own.  i do know that it is possible though, i asked my local cheese maker and she says that some mothers make it and feed it to there babies when they start to eat more solid food.
also on a random side note i once read an article on how much breast milk is sold for and it goes for i think it was $32.00 per quart. but at least thats for babies whos mothers cant produce milk...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
McAuliflower
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2005 06:13:19 PM »

i asked my local cheese maker and she says that some mothers make it and feed it to there babies when they start to eat more solid food.

I think that's really cool!  It makes sense.

Who's your local cheese maker? 
  mmm local cheese.... Err... no relation to the human cheese thread, I just like cheese...

THIS ROCKS   Logged

save your fork- there's pie! http://www.browniepointsblog.com
AnnaReilly

Part cat-woman, part cat-lady...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2005 06:43:12 PM »

Hmmm...

I'm nursing my second baby right now and have an over-abundance of milk so I'm thinking I need to try this just because. If nothing else it'll be one more thing to freak out my conservative relatives. LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
~Scott Adams
lenagogan
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2005 10:53:34 PM »

I was watching Emeril today and was thinking maybe I could make vegan cheese with vegetarian rennet + coconut milk. Just thinking about it. Who knows. That is wild though!! Uck, I wouldn't want to drink anyone's breast milk, personally. I remember being told it is really gross tasting (I don't know from who). And humans (vegans especially) have waaaay less hormones and chemicals in their bodies than regular farm animals do. 2/3 of the U.S.'s antibiotics go into farm animals, so it would be waaaay healthier to drink human breast milk (just like it would be healthier to eat your pet dog than eat a farm animal).
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AnnaReilly

Part cat-woman, part cat-lady...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2005 10:16:02 AM »

Actually breastmilk tastes pretty good. Sort of like melted vanilla ice cream... very sweet abd creamy especially because it's not seperated out into milk and cream like cows milk that you get in the store is. It kind of creeped me out to drink something that came out of my own body so I didn't drink much but enough to get a taste.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
~Scott Adams
StephInTheCity
candy-coated crafter

Crafting is sexy!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2005 11:16:26 AM »

mmm local cheese.... Err... no relation to the human cheese thread, I just like cheese...

Me, too--which is why I am lucky to have this fabulous place one block away from my house.  It's heaven to walk into (or even past); you can tell them what sort of cheese you like and they'll recommend something new and even cut you a sample to taste.  I've never had a sample there and not bought some to take home--they're that good.  You can order from them online, but don't order too much because the damn UPS truck blocks my street, LOL.

http://www.dibruno.com/cheese-start.html

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I had to share.   Kiss

THIS ROCKS   Logged

If I was any more open, I'd be inside out.
jezebel7383
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2005 11:39:08 AM »

It seems like a lot of work. Wouldn't it take some time to make enough milk to sell? I would think you'd get really sore. But I guess if you are at home anyway...
Here's a weird one- could you use milk from pets? Cats, dogs,...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

JazzyBee
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2005 06:50:00 PM »

Human cheese!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA H Grin

sorry...just thought it was hilarious!
so how would they do it...make cheddar flavor human cheese>? i wonder how that would taste!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would just like to thank the academy for nominating me......
FancyShmancy

smoke. drink. craft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2005 06:57:58 PM »

that is just... so.... odd!

i swear, if i read an ad like that in our weekly here in Boise, i'd swear it was a joke... but then again, it's more conservative than anything here. there would be tons of angry letters written to the editor of our weekly just for printing an ad like that in the first place!

i just can't get past the mental image of a bunch of women hooked up to those milking machines. *shudder*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

seriously? like, seriously.
blue1

Crafty Xicanista

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2005 07:33:53 PM »

there is a bookstore in my town that local food makers (bread, wine, cheese, etc..) sell there stuff at once a week.  its good cheese but not as reliable as i would like it. the feta cheese almost always taste different each week.

to add another side note. someone mentioned pet milk cheese.  i don't know about the cheese, but a guy that stayed with my family when i was younger used to squeeze his dogs milk into his coffee everyday and eventually his wifes milk too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to do Heat Embossing
Raku Firing Process
How to Make a Bouquet Using a Bouquet Arranger
Learn About Floaty Pens
maya tuto - verin
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...