A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 304,867
Currently Running With Scissors:
422 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: need recepies for a teaparty  (Read 1946 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

erikau
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2005 09:01:53 PM »

Cut all your sandwiches into fancy shapes.  you know, round. (use a biscuit cutter, or an empty can with both ends open)   Or little crustless triangles-4 to a sandwich instead of the usual two. 
Salmon or chicken salad sandwiches, devilled eggs. 
Green or black olive/walnut/cream cheese sandwiches. No, really, they're good.   
Banana and butter sandwiches. 
For the cucumber sandwiches--spread a very thin layer of butter on your bread, cut into the fancy shape of your choice, put the very thin cucumber slices on the bread, then pipe a mayonnaise rosette onto the center and put a sprig of watercress, dill, or even mint in the mayo.  These are obviously openface cucumber sandwiches. 
Shortbread. 
Scones and devon cream,  marmalade and/or lemon curd. 
Rock buns:
2 C. flour
1 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
3 Tbsp sugar
Mix dry ingredients together.
Cut in
1/2 C softened butter (really butter, not margarine. Trust me.)
Once the butter is worked into the flour and the mixture is crumbly, add
1/2 C mixed dried fruit--I like a mixture of raisins, dried cranberries and dried cherries
After fruit is mixed in, add
1 egg, beaten
1/4 C. milk
Stir until you have a stiff batter--sort of like sticky cookies, or drop biscuits.  Drop by tablespoons full on a greased baking sheet, about 2 inches apart.  (they don't spread).  Bake until golden at 400oF--about 15 minutes.  They should really be a very pale beige color, with only the little "bumps", and the bottoms, turning golden.   You can do this entirely by hand, or you can use a food processor for the butter/flour stage, then finish by hand.  Sometimes I'll add the fruit in the food processor, it leaves you with little specks of fruity sweetness.  Practice once or twice before the party if you haven't ever made biscuits/scones before.  I usually end up making double or triple batches--these are very popular.

The tea itself--brew it, then transfer it to the teapot or thermos hotpot you will be serving from.  If you leave the leaves in the tea will be very bitter.  You need hotplates if you are using teapots, if you opt for a dispensing thermos/carafe make sure it doesn't smell like coffee.  If you don't think your guests will be interested in traditional hot tea, make lots of iced tea--maybe a few different types--and use pretty pitchers to serve from.  Rose tea is wonderful, hot or cold. 

Erika
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lauriemk
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2005 07:52:14 AM »

Also, along the lines of cucumber sandwiches, ginger cream cheese sandwiches are very good.  Just take some crystallized ginger, chop it up and mix it with cream cheese to taste (I love ginger so I put in a lot).  Actually, now that I think about it this might add some spice to cucumber sandwiches.  Maybe try combining the two!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Shooting For Super Resolution
Lighting Shooting and Retouching
Photographing Autumn Leaves
How to Photograph a Scarecrow
Light Painting and Starlight Photography
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...