A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 304,846
Currently Running With Scissors:
672 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Altered book craft-along?  (Read 6865 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Arksiel
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2005 11:42:57 AM »

oops, i lied. im not starting today. the boyfriend got this fabulous idea for a barbecue and now we are going to buy trivial pursuit 90s edition. wee. but i will tommorrow, promise.

what youve done so far looks great krysta. maybe try adding some 3dimensional features or objects, or layering with a different medium? i like how youve blended all of the colours!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Krysta
Livin' In Wonderland...

'yo sup dawg?'

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2005 03:41:36 PM »

Oh I intend to add more to it, those paintings are just background colour for now. I should have probably clairified that. Cheesy

Thanks for the compliment though!

My mom is crafting along (although she doesn't have a craftster account, she looks under my name) here are her altered pages so far. She's making the book for my aunt (her sister) who just got diagnosed with cancer.

teaser pic:

More can be seen here: http://www.ikaboo.org/pics/momsaltbk/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Be what you would seem to be - or, if you'd like it put more simply - never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise.
McJulie-O
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2005 04:34:53 PM »

Wow, Krysta, your mom is really making progress. Her sister should enjoy the book.

I've started some backgrounds, really just trying to use up some old acrylic paint, so I can get some new, and getting a feel for sloshing paint around I'll try to get my camera's act together and post what I have. It's very different from yours, but still backgrounds.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Karensff
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2005 01:09:41 AM »

Hi Krysta,

You and your mums altered books look great. I haven't started mine yet. I haven't chosen a book to use. What type of paints did you use?

Karen Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Krysta
Livin' In Wonderland...

'yo sup dawg?'

« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2005 08:51:38 AM »

Thanks!

We've both just used regular acrylic paints, I buy them either at Wal-Mart or the dollar store. The brand I use is "Deco Art Crafters Acrylic". I've also used little kids tempera paint before. Also we'e used some watercolour paints and watercolour pencil crayons as well.

I think I am gonna try my oil pastels on my thinner pages.

Last night I finished painting the background colours in my book apart from a few pages. I'll take some pictures when they dry. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Be what you would seem to be - or, if you'd like it put more simply - never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise.
Karensff
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2005 11:16:06 PM »

Thank you. Look forward to seeing more photos.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

McJulie-O
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2005 01:26:29 PM »

Ok, I'm going to try to post some photos...
<<holds breath>>
These are backgrounds, just practicing using a brush and paints...

« Last Edit: December 03, 2010 04:33:14 PM by Phizzychick - Reason: fixed coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged
McJulie-O
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2005 01:35:03 PM »

Now that I've got the hang of posting pictures, and just in case I forget by tomorrow....
More backgrounds... (I had a LOT of really old containers of acrylic paint-we're talking YEARS old)

I'm enjoying fooling around with pigments, and may let the colors determine the direction I go next.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010 04:32:41 PM by Phizzychick - Reason: fixed coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged
fruithead
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2005 01:39:58 PM »

for those of you that have started their books, are you going with a theme or just doing random pages as you like. i'd like to have a theme, it'll help me stick to it i think, but i'm still torn with what i want to do...i've been toying with the idea of "things that go bump in the night" and doing pages with images of vampires and witches and so on...just wondering what you ladies are doing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Krysta
Livin' In Wonderland...

'yo sup dawg?'

« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2005 04:16:38 PM »

Wonderful painting McJulie-O! I love the colours you used. Cheesy

fruithead: when I started out I was doing mine unthemed - just so I can try things out and see what works better than others. Once this first book is done I might go with a theme. Smiley I like your "things that go bump in the night" theme though! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Roxanne St. Claire Reveals
The Power Book Trailer
Vincent Flynn Reveals
Thanassis Cambanis Talks About A Privilege to Die
Kyria Abrahams Reveals Her Motto
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...