A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,856
Currently Running With Scissors:
750 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Altered book craft-along?  (Read 6638 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

fruithead
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2005 03:10:28 PM »

arksiel,

i know exactly what you mean. i think i've posted like one completed project on craftster because i'm never satisfied with the way things turn out and i have so many unfinished projects because of this. i'd hate to find a great book, do some great pages then screw it up. i'm definitely going to try to find something short. i might hit the library this week and look for book sales. i don't feel bad using a book i paid a buck for.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Karensff
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2005 03:27:08 PM »

It was a kids book I was thinking of using too.

Karen Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Krysta
Livin' In Wonderland...

'yo sup dawg?'

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2005 03:30:09 PM »

I started an altered book a while ago but haven't done much to it so I'd be willing to craft-a-long. Smiley

I have a small novel that I'm using but I'm thinking of starting a new one with a kids board book.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Be what you would seem to be - or, if you'd like it put more simply - never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise.
Aradiya

I'm Watching You!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2005 05:57:32 PM »

yeah i'd love to try it too.

keep us posted.......
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Please write your complaint neatly in this box ---> []
Arksiel
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2005 12:51:57 PM »

well, Im house sitting at my moms now, and so far Im not having any luck. It seems that she has recycled the ripped books, which really sucks! Im still searching, because there is tons of childrens stuff scattered throughout the house, but this project is already discouraging and I havent even started yet. oh the irony...
at least I can laugh about it.

what about the rest of you?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Krysta
Livin' In Wonderland...

'yo sup dawg?'

« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2005 04:35:27 PM »

well, Im house sitting at my moms now, and so far Im not having any luck. It seems that she has recycled the ripped books, which really sucks! Im still searching, because there is tons of childrens stuff scattered throughout the house, but this project is already discouraging and I havent even started yet. oh the irony...
at least I can laugh about it.

what about the rest of you?

I tend to get my books from the library discard bin - some of them have weird names, but thats okay as I'll probably redo the whole cover anyway.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Be what you would seem to be - or, if you'd like it put more simply - never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise.
fruithead
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2005 06:03:06 PM »

i just got back from the library and scored 5 kids novels for $1. it was great. they're all pretty short so it's not too overwhelming. my next step if finding stuff to alter it with. i'd love to find some antique rubber stamps, like the old postage ones. i also want to try distressing pages or things i glue in. michaels had an awesome distressing kit but it was *sigh* 50 bucks. i want to see if i can just do it myself...i'll report back with progress Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Arksiel
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2005 03:29:23 PM »

well, I found three childrens books that would be ok to use, except that I wouldnt be able to keep any of the original content. hrm. Im currently digging through a dusty bookshelf looking for a short novel, but they all seem to be lonnnnnnnnng. I might end up just using a kids book, and covering all of it.

I did find some awesome retro cut-out valentines from when my mom was a kid, awesome collage pieces. and I cleaned her craft room for her (shes a guider and a daycare owner, so crafts are big) and found crafting booty - wrapping paper scraps from when I was a kid, like carebears vintage 1986 paper! weee!

I might actually start this project tommorrow, we shall see.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Krysta
Livin' In Wonderland...

'yo sup dawg?'

« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2005 03:49:27 PM »

I think I am gonna work on my book tonight after my boyfriend leaves for work! I'll take pictures of what I've done so far and post them. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Krysta
Livin' In Wonderland...

'yo sup dawg?'

« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2005 10:46:08 PM »

Okay, so I did a little bit of work on my book tonight just painting some backgrounds - once they were dry I scanned them.

teaser pic:

More images can be found here... http://www.livejournal.com/users/retroglow/

And my MOM said I could share her book if I wanted to... so would anyone like to see the one she's working on? If you do I'll post the link to the pics - her's is really neat!

Anyone start anything yet?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Embed Images into Adobe Illustrator CS
Split Toning in Photoshop - Video Tutorial
-How to Create a Sequence in Premiere Pro CS4
How to Straighten Your Photos in Photoshop CS4
Learn about 3D Computer Art Museum
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Stamping
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...