A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,061
Currently Running With Scissors:
488 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: AC Moore?  (Read 23916 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Tappanga
Stop hatin', start participatin'!

Twinkle twinkle, baby!

View Profile
« on: March 31, 2004 09:46:54 AM »

AC Moore is opening in my area. I think this is the first around here. Anyone have any experience with them? Michaels is good, but down on 280, and really, who wants to get on 280? Hobby Lobby has a great selection, but the staff is... well... not the most helpful.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare.
sewing stars
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2004 10:56:38 AM »

We have an AC Moore here in Rhode Island. I like it a lot. They have a huge selection of crafting stuff at the one here. The yarn selection is pretty good, the scrapbooking section is great, and they just seem to have so much more fun stuff than Micheals. (we don't have a Hobby Lobby)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.sewingstars.com
never forget how to fly...
bevrockin

How y'all doin, everbuddy?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2004 11:21:25 AM »

Hey Tappanga, where are they building the AC Moore?  My husband said they were building one on the illustrious 280, in between the new PetSmart and TJ Maxx.  If there will be another built elsewhere, I'll go to that one.

We have a Michael's in Trussville, so that's where I go most of the time, as I live in Pinson.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tappanga
Stop hatin', start participatin'!

Twinkle twinkle, baby!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2004 06:51:47 AM »

Well... it's on 280. I guess that makes me a hypocrite.  Grin

I'm sure they'll build one in Trussville next because that area is becoming Hoover-light.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare.
scenequeenpissed

shut up and dance

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2004 03:56:18 PM »

i saw the ac moore the other day when my friend and i were driving down 280. he didn't quite understand me flipping out about it, but he thinks all my crafting is a waste of time. he's obviously an idiot.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bevrockin

How y'all doin, everbuddy?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2004 10:13:25 AM »

Well, I went to AC Moore only as a duty to my fellow crafters who are curious about what's inside.  Haw, haw!  Anyway, I enjoyed it, even though I had to hurry through as I was meeting my husband for dinner at the Summit.  It's probably half the size of Michael's.  They have some good sales right now what with the Grand Opening.  I got acrylic paints in the little bottles for 24 cents each, and some tiny terracotta pots for 15 cents each!  I also got some snazzy sunglasses for $2.00.  Yay.

They have a large section for stitchery, so if you enjoy crochet/knit/needlepoint, then you'll really like it.  Also, a lot of wedding stuff, and lots of t-shirts and other clothes for crafts, scrapbooks & paper crafts, and a very large & nice area just for kids crafts.  And....the bane of my existence.....Sanrio stuff.  I might be 29 but I can never resist a display of Hello Kitty and her friends.  

It might not be better than most, but AC Moore is different.  I find myself on 280 about once a month or so, and I imagine I'll have to make it over there more often now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Plastictart
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2004 05:55:58 PM »

eek! how exciting! a new craft store.....I have to drive down 280 to get to work in Liberty park so I will definitely have to try it out. This question is for the knitters..where do you get your yarn? I'm having trouble finding 100% wool at hobby lobby or Michael's......
THIS ROCKS   Logged
shaeon

"Take it easy, but take it." - Woody Guthrie

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2004 02:09:50 AM »

Plasticart,

There's a store in Vestavia called Memory Hagler Knitting Etc. that sells lots of high quality yarn and provides knitting lessons.  There are (in my opinion) two problems with the store:

1. Everything is really expensive.  I've seen much better yarn prices online.

2.  The store is hardly open at all.  It closes at 11 a.m. or noon or something like that, even on Saturday.  That means no after work visits for 8 to 5ers, and a special get up early day for us late sleepers.  

I only went by the place once myself.  I'm a beginner knitter, and so I wasn't interested in spending that much on projects that I will mostly screw-up on anyway.   Wink  If you're interested in her place, the address is:

712 Chestnut Street
Birmingham, AL  35216

Get a map from Mapquest to find it - it's impossible to locate otherwise.

I'm psyched to visit the new AC Moore.  I didn't even know about it until I saw these posts!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sewnbows
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2007 02:01:28 AM »

Hi,
Is there a place in Alabama that has ribbon cheap?
Thank you,
Tammy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Hair Color Advice
Learn How to Backcomb Your Hair from the Experts
Learn How to Flat Iron Curl Your Hair
Learn How to Create the Perfect Ponytail
How to Cornrow Hair
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...