A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 299,190
Currently Running With Scissors:
591 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Spooky Story/Place I.E. Campfire Tales  (Read 652 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

irid3sc3nt
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I <3 Halloween

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: July 16, 2005 07:48:12 PM »

I was thinking that maybe it would be fun to trade a ghost story or some unexplained experience even if it happened recently or when you were a little kid, or your uncle had this amazing story that you told to all of your friends at slumber parties...  So it'd be a little like a campfire tale except without the camp or the fire. 
Unless you started a small bonfire at your house and had your own smores... mmm-- who likes burnt marshmallows??

The OTHER thought I had was to tell about some place in your town that has some wives tale to it and maybe snap some creative photo of the place to give it that off-kilter look.

So here's an example:  In my town in the cemetary there's a huge statue of angel and it's black.  And as the story goes, when it was delivered it was white but during the night it turned a dark black and now anyone that touches or generally harrasses it is supposed to die or their gf/bf is supposed to die...  something bad happens to someone.  So I'd just head out to the cemetary and snap a pic at dusk or something maybe with a diagonal angle to it and send that in the mail.
Although, I think I would put more effort in getting the story to sound better. 
Oh yeah it's called the Black Angel and it's definately googleable  <--heh say that outloud

so, if enough ppl are interested, i think this could be a pretty fun swap
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy Shop
Pinterest
Please send packages with postage stamps when you can!
I am interested in Halloween Rinchies!
craft_t_chic
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2005 06:01:13 PM »

There's a place around here that I have been wanting to take pics of for ages, and this would give me an excuse to get off my bum and do it...it has a story to go with it too! I'd be in!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I want your promo stickers...your fave local band, your etsy shop, your zine, a sticker you picked off a bar wall, or even bumper stickers! I'm covering a table & need stickers! PM me!

http://www.wists.com/craft_t_chic

Free gift with every purchase!
www.crafttchic.etsy.com
irid3sc3nt

I <3 Halloween

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2005 10:06:44 PM »

Hm, craft_t_chic, I don't think people are interested in this idea right now.  Either that or there isn't a funky place by their house.  Ah well.  I've been going to the library and reading some paranormal books and trying to get my bf to go driving in the country with me.  I think I like these things because I want to learn about the history of specific places... why did such and such abandon this place, etc. 
But, I'd be interested in your story!  Or, I like this site a lot  (you probably saw it already)  www.lostdestinations.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy Shop
Pinterest
fruithead
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2005 05:53:34 PM »

there's an abandoned mental institution in the next town and it's sooo creepy. it's been closed for 20 or so years and is built like a little community with separate buildings and cottages for housing. i'm a huge coward and have ony been in during the daylight and never anywhere sunlight doesn't go but apparantly it's got a morgue and a bowling alley somewhere. i've never experienced anything odd but i've heard it's really haunted. i only wish was gutsy enough to find out for myself. there's stuff about it all over the internet, just google "whitby psych". it's pretty interesting.

it's become quite the teen hangout though and it's a mess of beer bottles and grafitti. what a shame. but it's full of asbestos anyway.

here's a pic i took there once...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
irid3sc3nt

I <3 Halloween

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2005 10:24:40 PM »

Thanks for the info and photo.  I checked out a few sites and I guess it has a great tunnel system, but yeah, a lot of asbestos.  It's too bad that people graffiti on old buildings and break things just for "fun".  I just don't understand it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy Shop
Pinterest
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How it Felt to Butcher a 700 Pound Steer
Introduction to Vibrato on Violin
Vibrato Exercise on the Violin - Sound Waves
How to Play My Tractors Sexy on Violin Fiddle
How to Play The Adams Family Song on Violin
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...