A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 296,736
Currently Running With Scissors:
726 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Virgin Mary/Guadalupe Swap  (Read 12082 times)
Tags for this thread: virgin_mary  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

stopmoshun
« on: July 15, 2005 10:37:14 PM »

hey all, post your pics here!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyZary
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2005 04:13:44 AM »

Seems that I am the first lucky one who received already!!   Cheesy
Not to make anyone jealous, but I got my FANTASTIC goodies from stopmoshun! She sent a bunch of great Virgin Mary / Guadalupe goodies and even some extra american stuff!  Have a look at all the pics:

An overview of all the things. She packed and wrapped everything very nice

A lantern tin with a beautiful our Lady of Guadalupe image at the front and decorated with purple stones and the candle for the tin is included, I love it!

A beautiful bag with a stencil of Our Lady of Guadalupe in gold and colorful sequin stars all around and a heart on her body, The handles are vinyl. It must have been really hard to sew them, I always have troubles sewing vinyl but she did it perfect. I love the bag, is soooo cool! and all in the very Guadalupe colors, very folk art like I like!

A mini shrine of our Lady of Guadalupe very nice decorated and with a shrinky heart, so cool!
A pin of our Lady of Guadalupe with rosary chain. I have never seen such pins with rosary included, love it.
And a wonderful resin bottlecap necklace with Mary and glitter, I am wearing it right now

A vinyl coated wrist cuff with different Holy Mary images and colors. I love how it is with different colors, it matches with many outfits  Smiley .
A glow in the dark Mary with magnetic bottom. Last night was next to my table and it really glows very cool.
A scapular with colorful images. It is the first scapular that I see with color images, I have only seen the green or brown ones, but this one with colors is very beautiful

Lots of images (sun prints and hologramm stickers, I love hologramm stuff!) and a green scapular from a Mission there in San Jose, sooo many goodies

And that is not all, stopmoshun sent me lots of extra stuff from USA! A devil ducky, finger puppet, cool tape with USA stars and images, a mexican loteria game with cards and some supercute stickers!

I am so lucky and so happy! and stopmoshun did fantastic. Thanks again stopmoshun, you rock!!!  Grin
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011 04:02:58 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

stopmoshun
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2005 05:41:22 PM »

i just received my package from craftyzary and it is amazing! ( i am apologizing in advance for my over use of the word amazing)   Smiley

this is what i received: (i don't know where to start everything is so brightly colored and amazing!)
- very cool vinyl bag with pink handles with a virgen de guadalupe picture and a guadalupe keychain
- a belt, on the belt buckle there is a picture with tiny glass marbles glued over it, so clever, i never would have thought to do this!
- a beautiful journal made of foam and a piece of gudalupe fabric with stitched sequins and beads. its so sparkly and beautiful
- a very pretty house shaped box with a guadalupe picture on the front, as if this wasn't enough there were more amazing things inside!!!!
- a bracelet with orange and blue beads with a clear bead that has a guadalupe picture on the inside.
- another bracelet ala craftyzary style made of wire and beads and rhinestones and another guadalupe bead. its gorgeous!
- a necklace made with a bottle cap, a clear marble, and rhinestones

then she sent some german extras
- a whole bunch of ritter sports. i will be eating these for days, thats how many there are, not to mention i just saw charlie and the chocolate factory and had a hankerin for chocolate!
- paper dicuts, stamps and postcard of munich.
- some beautiful ribbon
- and some really cool beads
- heart shaped sour fizzy candy
- one of those wooden dolls that pulls apart in the middle. its so pretty. made of plain wood that was decorated with a woodburner and gold paint. my grandma had one of these when i was a kid and now i have one.

thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!  Grin Grin Grin i am the happiest girl in the world!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2005 08:21:02 AM by stopmoshun » THIS ROCKS   Logged

spurtiic
Jennorific

I made BEST OF 2007 for my frozen bird nest pic!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2005 06:53:08 PM »

oh man stopmushin you did a great job!  i just saw all of those pics... i love the bag. 

i didn't know we could send the stuff early--this is my 1st swap. 

anyway--awesome stuff. so purdy!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life isn't complete 'til you crochet a uterus for a friend.  Just make sure your fallopian tubes point down and not up! No one needs to lose an eye this way! Wink

I love personal swaps for small stuff (including Hershey Kisses!)! PM me for happy fun rockin' good times!
edamame
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2005 05:52:36 PM »

OMG, so much stuff!!  Very nice! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

spurtiic
Jennorific

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2005 11:50:02 AM »

I took pictures of my stuff and mailed the pkg yesterday afternoon  Undecided  But quarkie, when you get the pkg you don't have to take pics if you don't wanna!  Grin  I broke 2 lamps and a piano seat in the process of taking the pics.  They call me Grace.

If anyone else has any of their stuff post the pics! I'm sooo anxious to see!! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life isn't complete 'til you crochet a uterus for a friend.  Just make sure your fallopian tubes point down and not up! No one needs to lose an eye this way! Wink

I love personal swaps for small stuff (including Hershey Kisses!)! PM me for happy fun rockin' good times!
goldfinch
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2005 04:31:30 PM »

Yay! I received my package from dixie_terror today! So exciting! She sent me TWO lovely, awesome pillows with the Virgin de Guadalupe all pouf-ily appliqued on them, on furry swirly fabric! Unfortunately, my "dear" boyfriend won't allow them on the couch. He thinks they look "too mexican"...to which I replied, "uh, yeah, that's the point...and what do you mean by that, mr? I'm mexican, and ya seem to like ME around!" but I don't think I'm gonna win. LOL. So into my crafty table area they go. Sad *pout* Anyway, I love them, and thank you so much dixie!
Without further rambling... <3

« Last Edit: May 13, 2011 04:01:28 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

spurtiic
Jennorific

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2005 08:37:13 PM »

YES! Finally! Someone else posted pics.
I keep checking this board about every hour on the hour.  I'm so addicted. 
I adore the pillows.  I have the same prob with my boyfriend--I'm 1/2 Mexican and he flips when I buy bright colored things... you know... pink w/reds, yellows with puke green colors... OOH my fav!  Cheesy

Anyway--great pillows!  Furry is nice.  Perhaps you can sleep with them?  I wouldn't put them on my couch. My dogs would eat them or "make sweet doobers" to them.  Eww.   Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stopmoshun
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2005 08:21:41 AM »

those are really pretty. you'd think the bf would be ok with those, what with the giant pic of mary in your house.

but doesn't he know that the lady of the house is in charge of decorating? and if i was being sneaky about it, i would always bring it to the couch to "use" then "accidentally" leave it there b/c i'm lazy.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dixie_terror
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2005 08:16:37 PM »

i figured they'd make nice backseat/travel pillows too. glad everyone likes them, it was very hard to let them go.
goldfinch sent me a bunch of Mary goodies, a messenger bag with a painted sacred heart with iron on butterflies, an amazing necklace (unfortunately broken during shipping) inspired by mary, a great composition notebook with decoupaged mary and others, and a set of GORGEOUS glittery mary coasters that i had to threaten others well being over (some friends tried to steal 'em over the weekend). such a great swap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

a few of my recent banners...<br />http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4287051709
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Flaky Buttermilk Biscuits Recipe
Dipped in Chocolate Desserts
Almond Snowballs Recipe
Spirited Bourbon-Pecan-Gingerbread Cookies Recipe
How to Make Crispy Easter Nests
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...