A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 299,152
Currently Running With Scissors:
607 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Office/Desk Swap Gallery  (Read 2674 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Idigmusic

Did I hear a niner in there?

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2005 08:36:50 AM »

I got my package from anniekate!! I got some cute marble magnets & keyboard magnets, a very fun calendar for 2005 in a crazy shape(I think she magically put it together!), some fun remembering book marks, some pez & some very cool pens & pencils!!! Yeah!!! Thnaks so much, I love it!! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"When the only tool you have is a hammer,
everything looks like a nail"
krebstar5
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2005 12:29:59 PM »

Here are my most wonderful swap items from QueenofSwords:

I had to have a picture fo the stapler by itself because it is just so amazing!  I am going to keep it under lock and key so no one in my office steals it.  I feel like that guy in Office Space now.  I feel the stapler love!

Thanks so much QueenofSwords.  You rule!

Oh, and sorry for the bad pic quality.  I had to take pictures with my phone.  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a blog-
http://smalerie.com

Rule 1: To do rather than watch.
http://www.journeyofwill.com
QueenofSwords

marty marty bo barty, bo-nana fana fo...uh oh....

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2005 01:11:53 PM »

I had to have a picture fo the stapler by itself because it is just so amazing!  I am going to keep it under lock and key so no one in my office steals it.  I feel like that guy in Office Space now.  I feel the stapler love!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!  The stapler was kind of a pain in the butt because of its odd shape, but I HAD to do it. Smiley  Staplers are so basic, and one uses them ALL the time, so it's nice to have a cool one! 

I love seeing all the stuff in its new setting. Grin BTW, I didn't see them in the pic, so I wondered if you noticed there's a batch of matching pushpins inside the tin?

Why, thank you!

Marty
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yo, ye pharaohs! Let us walk through this barren desert, in search of truth, and some pointy boots, and maybe a few snack crackers.
krebstar5
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2005 01:18:10 PM »

Yes, I did notice the pushpins.  I realized that I forgot to put them in the picture while I was standing outside in the snow trying to send my pics to my e-mail.  You see, I work in the basement of a university library...so no cell phone service.  I just couldn't wait to share my goodies with everyone though!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a blog-
http://smalerie.com

Rule 1: To do rather than watch.
http://www.journeyofwill.com
anniekate
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2005 06:57:11 PM »

That calendar would be an origami rhombic dodecahedron! Interested parties can get templates to make their own here:

http://www.toddsplace.ca/rhombic.php

They are highly satisfying to put together, once you've got all the units folded. Unit folding instructions, by Nick Robinson: http://www.12testing.co.uk/origami/diagrams/a4unit.htm

I'm very glad you enjoyed your items! (The marble things are actually pushpins, btw.)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2005 07:02:42 PM by anniekate » THIS ROCKS   Logged
punkrockgirl

Breathing fire doesn't look good on a resume'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2005 09:21:38 PM »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!  The stapler was kind of a pain in the butt because of its odd shape, but I HAD to do it. Smiley  Staplers are so basic, and one uses them ALL the time, so it's nice to have a cool one! 

I love seeing all the stuff in its new setting. Grin BTW, I didn't see them in the pic, so I wondered if you noticed there's a batch of matching pushpins inside the tin?

Why, thank you!

Marty

Wow, what an awesome swap! Marty- did you decoupage the newspaper (or was that scrapbook paper?) to the stuff? Also- are those little flat-backed jewels or sequins? Great job! I would love to do something similiar to my desk stuff.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Idigmusic

Did I hear a niner in there?

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2005 08:36:36 AM »

I'm very glad you enjoyed your items! (The marble things are actually pushpins, btw.)

right, apparently I was on crack while typing Wink!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"When the only tool you have is a hammer,
everything looks like a nail"
aada
If I run out of tacos, I can no longer maintain my human form

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2005 12:06:58 PM »

\ You see, I work in the basement of a university library\

"if they move my desk one more time, i'll burn the building down...." *rolls around giggling* sorry, office space is a top 5 movie for me.... Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
QueenofSwords

marty marty bo barty, bo-nana fana fo...uh oh....

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2005 04:08:39 PM »

Wow, what an awesome swap! Marty- did you decoupage the newspaper (or was that scrapbook paper?) to the stuff? Also- are those little flat-backed jewels or sequins? Great job! I would love to do something similiar to my desk stuff.  Smiley

Thanks!  I decopaged the paper to the items - it's strips torn from a cheap
dictionary from the thrift store, actually. (I usually HATE tearing up books, but this one was terrible!  It actually had wrong definitions, misspellings, etc., and I felt it was a civic duty to rip it up and craft with it! Smiley )

After it dried, I glued on the maroon satin ribbon trim, then I glued on the sequins; I put a dot of thick (tacky) glue on the round side, pressed it onto the surface so that a little smidge of glue pushed through the hole in the center, then dropped a seed bead into the sequin on the glue smidge. Repeat, repeat, repeat...... Wink

Marty
« Last Edit: March 13, 2005 05:00:04 PM by QueenofSwords » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yo, ye pharaohs! Let us walk through this barren desert, in search of truth, and some pointy boots, and maybe a few snack crackers.
Nick Robinson
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2006 01:19:44 AM »

They are highly satisfying to put together, once you've got all the units folded. Unit folding instructions, by Nick Robinson: http://www.12testing.co.uk/origami/diagrams/a4unit.htm

My URL is now www.paperfolder.info, if anyone reads this!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Prepare a Salmon Nigiri Sushi
How to Cook Chilli and Ginger Chutney
How to Prepare Spring Rolls
How to Serve Singapore Inspired Noodles
How to Make a Rich and Flavourful Thai Massaman Curry
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...