A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 299,127
Currently Running With Scissors:
600 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Cloth, Paper, Scissors  (Read 2700 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

faeriedust112088

Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't

View Profile WWW
« on: July 15, 2005 11:34:39 AM »

Ok, scrapbooking and mixed media kind stuff doesn't usually do it for me all to much but the stuff in this mag is AMAZING. It is very new; only on it's 5th issue so it hasn't lost any steam at all. I have used a lot of what is in there and applied it to other projects that aren't about this stuff as well.

"Cloth Paper Scissors™ is an exciting, new quarterly publication covering all types of fiber arts and collage work, including mixed media, assemblage, altered books, art dolls, visual art journals, rubber stamping, creative embroidery, and book arts. Geared for the beginning artists/crafter as well as the advanced, Cloth Paper Scissors™ will have a playful, positive tone, encouraging both the beginning and seasoned artist to try new techniques and share their work and expertise with a greater audience."

Check it out. It is some amazing crap.
http://www.quiltingarts.com/cpsmag/cpshome.html
THIS ROCKS   Logged
poppyred
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2005 01:07:33 AM »

Cheesy I love this magazine!! I just wanted to say that:)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
viciouskittie
one crafty bitch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2005 02:53:35 AM »

i wish it was sold around here in wilmington nc..ill have to order a copy offline and check it out! it looks great!
« Last Edit: October 26, 2005 06:28:47 PM by viciouskittie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

hi my names kate, and im a craft addict..

www.wists.com/veganedgekate
luv2stitch

Sometimes it's knit and sometimes it's crochet.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2005 05:15:01 PM »

I recently subscribed to Cloth, Paper, Scissors and I have to agree that it's a good combination. There is plenty to inspire you to create in your own favorite media or to challenge you to try something new.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AriesEJ
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2006 05:07:27 PM »

I love this magazine.
The recent issue ((Summer 2006) has an article on how to "make textured backgrounds for collage".  This issue contains the results of a challenge called "do with me what you will."  Very good finalists!  Lots of ideas to take away with you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SonjaBoo
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Bring it on

Napper extraordinaire

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2006 05:10:00 PM »

Cloth, Paper, Scissors is my favorite magazine ever!  It is my secret dream to work there!  The same company also produces Quilting Arts, which is also amazing-- I highly recommend that as well.   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

igobylorib
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2006 08:21:33 AM »

I love this mag. I work with paper mostly, but every issue makes me want to play with fabric. Viciouskittie, I live in Charlotte, NC and have found it in big bookstores. You might check Borders, Barnes & Noble, etc.

lorib
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http//:www.wists.com/igobylorib

I'm making a craftster quilt using the Bright Hopes block. Wanna swap a block?
AriesEJ
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2006 06:14:18 PM »

Quilting Arts?  I haven't looked into that yet.  I bet it is good.  I'm new to quilting, sewing, collage and I am super excited about what is out there!  I"m trying my hand at assemblage art and Cloth, Paper and Scissors has tons of ideas I can use.  I also like that there are challenges/contests happening all of the time.   It's neat to see so many variants on one idea.  It is one of the magazines I keep in my resource area.  Lots of good pictures.   
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Stephen Weaver
Textile boffin

Crusader for a day.....

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2006 02:48:00 PM »

Many thanks for telling us about this magazine.  The amazing assemblage pieces of their featured artist Michael deMeng can be seen on his website http://www.michaeldemeng.com - they gave me a million new ideas for projects!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Enthusiastic worker in almost all textile media, currently heavily involved in theatrical costumes.  Also love papier-maché and mosaic work and gardening.  Happy to meet new people too. 
I DO STASH SWAPS - SEND ME YOUR EXCESS OR UNWANTED MATERIALS AND I WILL SEND MINE!
Mimi055
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2006 04:44:04 AM »

This is a fantastic magazine!  It will inspire and encourage you in different mediums.  I found it at Books a Million and would imagine Barnes and Noble would have it as would other large book chains.
Quilting Arts is a beautiful magazine!!  I have never quilted myself but would love to try.  The individuals featured in this magazine are super talented and I am amazed at what they can do.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mAsQuErAdInG aS A nOrMaL pErSoN eVeRyDaY iS eXhAuStInG!!!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Candy Corn Whoopie Pie
Kahlua Caramel Nutella Brownie Recipe
How to Make Slutty Brownies
Unbelievably Easy Chocolate Mousse Recipe
Pumpkin Spice Bread
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...