A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 299,134
Currently Running With Scissors:
743 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 390 391 [392] 393 394 ... 1229
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: How's Your etsy Shop Doing?  (Read 425118 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lusterbunny
« Reply #3910 on: April 25, 2006 10:20:44 AM »

Aw, thanks guys, you're all so sweet! I feel better now, and i think i'm going to take everyone's advice and relist my made to order items, but put a gigantic disclaimer in all the descriptions stating MADE TO ORDER - ITEM TAKES 2 - 5 DAYS TO CREATE, or something like that. I think part of the reason i got so down about it is that i happened upon the feedback while i was having an argument with my boyfriend over the phone, so it just seemed like too much, i guess. Thanks again everyone, you guys are the best. I love the caring community we seem to have in here.
I would give yourself a week instead of 2-5 days, that way if something comes up, you won't end up getting screwed on feedback. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my naughty tiles at www.lusterbunny.etsy.com
misslilamae
« Reply #3911 on: April 25, 2006 10:39:05 AM »

Where is this fancy expiring-listings feature?  I can't find it in my shop for the life of me, even though I've got a ways until my listings expire -- the oldest one isn't even a month old!

And while I'm complaining...when the heck are they going to change the featured items on craftster?  Those projects are cool and all, but I'm really ready for something different.

i *totally* agree - it's been the same projects for months now, non?

I know!  It's cool to look back at the old features, but we need some new ones!

Right now, though, I'm starting to get worried about Etsy.  It's inaccessible so often, sometimes for long stretches, and I've witnessed the admins being downright dismissive about serious questions in the forums there.  I love Etsy dearly and I don't want to go elsewhere, but I'm starting to get really frustrated.  I've seen sellers become very successful on Etsy who use it as their primary storefront and it has been a goal of mine to emulate them, but maybe Etsy will be more of transitional thing than I had originally planned. 

cdoggett, it's awful to hear about your situation but I have to echo everything that everyone else has already said.  I agree with lusterbunny that a longer time frame would be better -- maybe say "up to a week," so no one gets upset if you're a litle late or a little early.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

babygoinplaces

Baby, I'm goin' places!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3912 on: April 25, 2006 10:48:52 AM »

Yea!  My second sale!  Sold another Pocketchanger :-)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://babygoinplaces.com
Baby Goin' Places--for the baby on the go!  Slings, pocketchangers, custom clothing, and now custom monogramming and embroidery!
http://babygoinplaces.etsy.com
sunnii
« Reply #3913 on: April 25, 2006 10:54:56 AM »

sunni, i use  superglue to glue random object/buttons/my fingers to backings. it's pretty sturdy stuff.

LoL, I can see myself gluing my fingers to to the pins. 
I wonder if E6000 or silicone would work just as well?

THIS ROCKS   Logged
americandemockracy

Misanthropic, you got it.

View Profile
« Reply #3914 on: April 25, 2006 10:57:43 AM »

I just posted a pack of three menstrual pads.  I got a message from someone interested in buying some pads, but I haven't actually sold any yet- fingers crossed.

It took me a couple (like seven) tries to get the pads posted, though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://javastain.etsy.com is now open!

Come check us out for period goodness!
curiouskitty
« Reply #3915 on: April 25, 2006 10:58:09 AM »

Hi I'm a new to both Craftster and Etsy.  Well, actually I've been lurking around on Craftster for more than a year already.  I thought I had died and gone to heaven when I stumbled onto the site.  Absolutely brilliant and so insipring!  It got me interested in sewing and last summer I bought a sewing machine!  Then a month or two ago, I saw a posting on here about Etsy.com and I had to check it out.  Once again, what an amazing site.  I just opened up my own shop, www.curiouskitty.etsy.com.  Those of you that have been selling on Etsy for awhile, what would you change?  I would really appreciate any (helpful) feedback on my items, pricing, and just any ideas to improve it.  Thanks so much! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

NessaGurl
« Reply #3916 on: April 25, 2006 11:08:59 AM »

Those of you that have been selling on Etsy for awhile, what would you change?  I would really appreciate any (helpful) feedback on my items, pricing, and just any ideas to improve it.  Thanks so much! Smiley

I think your pouches are cute...and your prices are good too, the only think I would change right now is I would offer international shipping...As a fellow Canadian...it will help as I most of the buyers are from the US.  I would also add your etsy site as a clickable link in your craftster signature (at bottom, check mine out)  it will help as when people are looking at your stuff here on craftster...nobody can resist checking out what you have in your store...At least I can't help myself...I always check peoples sites and blogs out...good luck...and welcome to the world of etsy.
NessaGurl
« Last Edit: April 25, 2006 11:13:34 AM by NessaGurl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy Shop...
http://thislittlebird.etsy.com 

My Wist
http://www.wists.com/ThisLittleBird

I would love to do a personal swap for Quality, well made felt or crochet play foods for my daughter... contact me if you are interested. Check out my shop to see what I could make for you
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #3917 on: April 25, 2006 11:22:36 AM »

And while I'm complaining...when the heck are they going to change the featured items on craftster?  Those projects are cool and all, but I'm really ready for something different.  Ok...done whining.

Well, that's very, very easy to answer.  In your question, you said "they" when in reality only one person can do that & that's Leah Wink

I have read quite a few comments/threads about this recently and it gets my yarn in a knots and my glitter all over the place Cheesy  I wish I  could update the News section.  If I could, I would fill it with happy, shiny props to Leah for everything she does.  Of course, I can't edit the news section, because Leah does that, too!  LOL.
But, in all seriousness, I don't think lost of people realize how much Craftster Leah does on her own, while we are wandering about posting, participating in swaps, etc.  I love the Featured Projects section, but she also does all of the coding, maintenance & budgetting of Craftster and it's almost 60,000 members (60 thousand! Shocked), implementation of new features & boards, databases for us to track feedback, posting & trends, craft challenges, everything encompassed in the Blog, Picture Hosting...

Somehow she manages to escape us/here to spend lots of time relaxing in her real life though, lol...like planning her wedding in May Grin, THE book (it arrives at the warehouse today - woohoo!), organizing & participating in the SF Bazaar Bizarre that was April 22, owning & running Magpie in Boston...

You get the idea Smiley  So, hang in there, share some love for Craftster, and maybe even send some to Leah every now and then Smiley

Ok, I really just wanted an excuse to use that .gif.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #3918 on: April 25, 2006 11:28:25 AM »

Those of you that have been selling on Etsy for awhile, what would you change?  I would really appreciate any (helpful) feedback on my items, pricing, and just any ideas to improve it.  Thanks so much! Smiley
I would also add your etsy site as a clickable link in your craftster signature (at bottom, check mine out)  it will help as when people are looking at your stuff here on craftster...nobody can resist checking out what you have in your store...At least I can't help myself...I always check peoples sites and blogs out

Me too!  It's so difficult to stay on track due to all the clickable signatures  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Synne

mack. cute but feisty.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3919 on: April 25, 2006 11:35:26 AM »

I've never had any problems with E6000, and it's somewhat better than superglue, IMO--it's good for a wider variety of items and isn't designed to stick skin to skin, so it's less of a problem that way.
Cleverkitty, I'd agree with offering international shipping--perhaps just specify that you'll invoice people with shipping costs for their country after they check out?
misslilamae, I checked on my shop this morning and there were links saying "check expiration dates" and "expired listings" at the top of my shop, but they're gone now...the dangers of Beta testing, I suppose. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Knit vs. Crochet - my crafty self: http://crochety.blogspot.com/
wist and swap info
mack. where my love of craft and love of food collide: http://mack.etsy.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 390 391 [392] 393 394 ... 1229 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Off Book: The Birth of the Animated GIF Medium
Off Book: Arts and Creative Projects in the Internet Age
Working with the New Basics Panel
How to Draw Gemma Arterton from Hansel and Gretel Witch Hunters
How to Draw Rukia Kuchiki from Bleach
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...