A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,440
Currently Running With Scissors:
407 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 194 195 [196] 197 198 ... 1229
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: How's Your etsy Shop Doing?  (Read 416749 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

hummingbirdyarnart
« Reply #1950 on: February 17, 2006 08:44:10 PM »

I recently started an etsy shop www.hummingbird.etsy.com but I don't seem to get enough trafic to sell.  Help, I need ideas to market my beautiful yarn.  Thanks in advance.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hollyg9211

9 out of 10 ninjas agree...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1951 on: February 17, 2006 08:52:18 PM »

also, i need an etsy name. that's the ooooonly thing stopping me

Tell us a little more about the type of shop you want to make and we can brainstorm it with you.  Another option might be to base it off of your name.  My shop name (KiWi Cuties) is a play on my name.  My cousin's shop is named after the street that she wants to live on when her business rakes in the tall dollars.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shop for KiWi Cuties apparel at
http://www.kiwicuties.etsy.com
AmyE
« Reply #1952 on: February 17, 2006 09:00:36 PM »

I recently started an etsy shop www.hummingbird.etsy.com but I don't seem to get enough trafic to sell.  Help, I need ideas to market my beautiful yarn.  Thanks in advance.

Ummm you could sell me some real cheap and I could make something from it and sell it and tell everyone where the yarn came from... jk
Actually I have been thinking about finding someone to collaberate on that sort of thing I just havent thought of something to make worthy enough of beautiful yarn like that. Ive only ever dreamed of using handspun yarn *sigh one day amy, one day*

By posting on here is a good way, see now Ive seen your shop and sending mass emails to your friends and family is another good way also ask them to forward the link on. Other than that thats all I know of but others will have some good advice for you as well!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy Store!!
www.mysweetloveablegoods.etsy.com
dooney
Remnants are a girl's best friend.

Wiggle eyes make my world go 'round.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1953 on: February 17, 2006 09:20:13 PM »

also, i need an etsy name. that's the ooooonly thing stopping me

Tell us a little more about the type of shop you want to make and we can brainstorm it with you.  Another option might be to base it off of your name.  My shop name (KiWi Cuties) is a play on my name.  My cousin's shop is named after the street that she wants to live on when her business rakes in the tall dollars.

My name is Danielle, when I was little, my cousin started calling me Dooney, a play on Dani, which is what my family calls me. I can't call my shop Dooney because of that stupid purse company.
I want to sell vinyl birth-control wallets, fabric purses and wallets, but not many because there are soooo many on etsy. Maybe I could sell food-shaped purses, after the infamous potato purse turned out so well-liked, that'd be a niche. I also am figuring out resin, I love to stencil t-shirts, and my husband just bought me a screenprinting kit for valentine's day (does he know me or what?). I might do reconstructed clothing if I have more time, but I don't have a serger, so that's a minus. I can do iron-on transfers on onesies like I did for my niece.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

EmilyFlew
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

..sweets4ever is so rad..

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1954 on: February 17, 2006 09:37:08 PM »

I was just checking out your shop and your yarns look lovely! A few suggestions...I would list the fiber contents of all your yarns, or at least "alpaca and mohair mix" or whatever. You can try photographing your yarns on a white background and turn up the contrast for more photo impact. Also, I was quite confused how some of your yarns, like the confetti cake, have some pictures where the yarn is white and some where it's brown. Did you upload the wrong pictures maybe? Or does the flash really make that much of a difference? If so, I suggest only uploading the pic with the truest color. And for the yarns with only one skein available, it might make more sense to put up a picture of just one skein...the less confusion, the better, on the internets!

Your yarn looks gorgeous though! I gasped out loud when I saw the lavender lagoon skein. Keep advertising all over the place (there's lots of suggestions for how to do that earlier in this thread), and I'm sure you'll be making sales soon--handspun seems to be doing well on etsy these days.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

technocutie, handmade iPod cases and felt accoutrements
thoughts and days.

I <3 the mod squad ladies!
Craftgoddessss
Marble Magnet Mistress

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1955 on: February 17, 2006 09:42:06 PM »

as far as a name goes...I'm living proof you can have a lame name and be fairly successful on etsy. My name is just the first thing i thought of...it's my first screen name and usually my name for everything that i need a name for so in a rush to start my etsy shop i went with it...go with heydooney...like your myspace...or just some random name with numbers behind it like me...haha Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hollyg9211

9 out of 10 ninjas agree...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1956 on: February 17, 2006 09:55:57 PM »

name ideas:  ooney day? Dee to the Ooney? Vampire teeth?
« Last Edit: February 17, 2006 09:58:07 PM by hollyg9211 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shop for KiWi Cuties apparel at
http://www.kiwicuties.etsy.com
AmyE
« Reply #1957 on: February 17, 2006 10:08:24 PM »

name ideas:  ooney day? Dee to the Ooney? Vampire teeth?

ROFL
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy Store!!
www.mysweetloveablegoods.etsy.com
dooney
Remnants are a girl's best friend.

Wiggle eyes make my world go 'round.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1958 on: February 17, 2006 10:46:02 PM »

okay... i did heydooney. now i have nothing to list, hehe.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mollyx
« Reply #1959 on: February 18, 2006 08:07:05 AM »

Ooo, I like heydooney! Good choice.

Is anyone else having problems logging onto Etsy this morning? I can navigate the site alright, but my connection keeps timing out when trying to log in. Bummer. It's a bright and sunny day here so I can take (and re-take) pictures outside.

Thanks, Cdoggett, for commenting on the bracelet. I WILL sell it...I just need to come up with a clever description. Possibly something about it being the ugly baby of bracelets. You know...I've seen some ugly babies, but they're still cute cuz, well, they're babies. I was an ugly baby. When I was a toddler, I was scared to death of pictures of me. I refused to believe that little screaming alien raisin in those pictures was me.

Or maybe I should market it to people who are immune to sarcasm. Hmm.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 194 195 [196] 197 198 ... 1229 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Macro Flash Photography Seminar at B&H
Macro Flash Photography Technique
Foggy Marsh Photography Shoot in Garmisch, Germany
Dusk Photography Shooting Outdoor
Death Valley, Badwater Photography Tips
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Buzy Bee Activity Chart
Craft Challenge #103 Announced - Foodie Frenzy 2
How to Make Tshirt Rugs

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...