A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 306,352
Currently Running With Scissors:
488 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 1229
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: How's Your etsy Shop Doing?  (Read 425457 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lusterbunny
« Reply #1590 on: February 09, 2006 01:51:02 PM »

I finally was able to post! Yay!  I was so happy I added a PIF.  Maybe my good deed will appease the internet gods!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my naughty tiles at www.lusterbunny.etsy.com
Lilly_Queen
« Reply #1591 on: February 09, 2006 01:54:03 PM »

Ive got an odd question....

I make extra pocket money by doing those paid to surf/click websites.
I was thinking of making a word document to sell on etsy that would list everything you need to do to make this kind of money.

it would be step by step, with tips and tricks along with only the best sites that actually pay. Do you think anyone would be interested in something like this?

No shipping fees since I would email it to the person. How would I keep someone from duplicating it and selling it themselves? (ive never done anything like this before)

And do you think something like $5.00 would be a reasonable price to ask.
I have a site where you can make 9.00 instantly, so that would cover the price the person paid plus a few dollars extra.

comments/suggestions?
anything?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sarawearsskirts
« Reply #1592 on: February 09, 2006 02:06:36 PM »

since i think most of the traffic on etsy is other etsy-ians, i think it's definitely a market of people who like to make a couple extra bucks...

but i guess is would question the ethics of this, as i guess to me it raises some questions (read: i am not questioning YOUR ethics, of course, but the idea of selling ways to scam the web, i guess...)

my guess is that if any of the companies who make these payouts realize you're selling these hot tips, that might be an issue, and since my understanding is that these companies pay based on a number of clicks or what they hope are interested customers, would they be upset (um, for lack of a better word, since who cares if scuzzy faceless web-corps are upset?) that you're teaching people how to profit without giving them what they're paying for?

i could be waaaay off -  maybe i'm misunderstanding what you're intending to sell...
just thought i'd ask some questions...

that said, dude, i want to make free money!  who doesn't!  it'd be more $$ for yarn and fabric!  i did something similar to what it sounds like you're talking about my first yr in college and made an extra $100 one semester if i remember correctly.  it was sweet!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ratfiend
« Reply #1593 on: February 09, 2006 02:07:24 PM »

Would work pretty well, I do alot of PTR's they do pay but its not something you want to do to try and make a living unless you have alot of refferals. http://www.gptboycott.com, is a good source as is http://www.beenpaid.com.

p.s. there are real company that pay, you do not make a lot of money but you do get paid. Pm if you need links
« Last Edit: February 09, 2006 02:14:47 PM by ratfiend » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.sinistercreations.etsy.com

(\__/) This is Fat Bunny.
( o.o ) It has taken over, and eaten the unbelievers.
( > < ) Copy Bunny into your signature or be EATEN!
norsgoebel

the cutest of the 7 deadly sins

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1594 on: February 09, 2006 03:57:24 PM »

Yippee! I have made my first sale!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Take a peek!
http://www.polytypicarts.etsy.com

2 sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm sh*tfaced...N.P.
AmyE
« Reply #1595 on: February 09, 2006 04:04:29 PM »

YAY congrats to you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy Store!!
www.mysweetloveablegoods.etsy.com
hollyg9211

9 out of 10 ninjas agree...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1596 on: February 09, 2006 04:16:00 PM »

Cool, I'm in...I'm paying it forward.  This is so fun.  I love Etsy.  It's almost as tight as the craftster community.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shop for KiWi Cuties apparel at
http://www.kiwicuties.etsy.com
Lilly_Queen
« Reply #1597 on: February 09, 2006 04:27:58 PM »

since i think most of the traffic on etsy is other etsy-ians, i think it's definitely a market of people who like to make a couple extra bucks...

but i guess is would question the ethics of this, as i guess to me it raises some questions (read: i am not questioning YOUR ethics, of course, but the idea of selling ways to scam the web, i guess...)

my guess is that if any of the companies who make these payouts realize you're selling these hot tips, that might be an issue, and since my understanding is that these companies pay based on a number of clicks or what they hope are interested customers, would they be upset (um, for lack of a better word, since who cares if scuzzy faceless web-corps are upset?) that you're teaching people how to profit without giving them what they're paying for?

i could be waaaay off -  maybe i'm misunderstanding what you're intending to sell...
just thought i'd ask some questions...

that said, dude, i want to make free money!  who doesn't!  it'd be more $$ for yarn and fabric!  i did something similar to what it sounds like you're talking about my first yr in college and made an extra $100 one semester if i remember correctly.  it was sweet!

Well im my eyes, the tips were not to SCAM the companies, but rather for people who really dont understand how to use them, it would be tips to help people out. IE - waste youre time on this, and dont bother with this, and click these links, and not these, like a step by step to each program i list. that way you dont waste time trying to figure out how everything works. i know it was a pain when i first started all i kept saying was, what does compounding mean, and should i send out ads for $0.50 or should i play the bubble game..and so on.

*shurg*
maybe its not the right place for it.
But i always like to help.
especially if its about money, which we all want.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

taped_on_wings
Queen of ill-fated physical comedy

Leave the politics to madmen

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1598 on: February 09, 2006 04:28:53 PM »

I just made a trade!!!! (that's almost the same as a sale, right?)  I'm buying some cotton roving and the girl really likes one of my photographs, so we're trading.  She's sending me a bunch of dyed wool roving to make up for the $9.00 price difference, too! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.robotheartsquid.etsy.com
http://www.wists.com/taped_on_wings
http://theonlyevidence.blogspot.com/

Before birds get sucked into jet engines, do they ever think, "Is that Rod Stewart in first class?" ~Eddie Izzard
Craftgoddessss
Marble Magnet Mistress

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1599 on: February 09, 2006 05:12:13 PM »

I  am in the process of changing my last photo on my marble magnets. I think i like the new one better...it's a picture of my fridge w/ a bunch of marble magnets on it and it says: you can never have enough! ::shrugs:: no one ever looks at the last pic anyway, but i think i should have something there...I had/have a picture that i scanned in a while back that said: brighten up your fridge...i dunno i was tired of it. I want something *eye catching*
so that's what's going on in my shop today....
blah
Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 1229 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Different Celebrities Wearing the Same Dress
Pregnant Stars Rocking Their Style
Cannes Festival 2013: Best and Worst Dressed
Style Evolution: Mila Kunis
Hottest Shoes For The Fall Season
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...