A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 298,104
Currently Running With Scissors:
732 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 1229
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: How's Your etsy Shop Doing?  (Read 419834 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ikillbarbies
Poor College Student

View Profile
« Reply #530 on: November 26, 2005 05:36:50 AM »

Wow, that's incredibly Jaime.  You should make the text in your signature a weblink, it will be more encouraging for people to click on it.  Your jewelry is beautiful, I hope you sell a lot more.

I'm still waiting to hear back from this one woman....arg.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

YouTube Channel Home to my animations and video shorts
meg4568
« Reply #531 on: November 26, 2005 10:07:00 AM »

i just updated my shop yesterday morning after forgetting about it for a long while, and i've sold 3 items since!

*eep* and a featured item!
« Last Edit: November 26, 2005 10:14:49 AM by meg4568 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hyena
« Reply #532 on: November 28, 2005 03:09:56 PM »

Hey there,

I have a problem and maybe you could help me find why.
I've sold 5 items in 2 months. I should not complain. But to 2 persons only.
I know there is something not working with my stuff. I cannot figure out what.
- The price? My items are high quality and I cannot sell them less regarding the hours I spend on each.
- The style? Too quirky? Too colorful? I have no doubt about my style but maybe it is too french, and I know being french is not a good thing those days.

I have a bunch of people looking at it (2500 views for now). So I don't know what is the problem and why I don't sell.

Advices very welcome...I'm a little down  Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sporkx71

Like anything I made? http://sporkx71.etsy.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #533 on: November 28, 2005 03:26:22 PM »

YAY!!! I just sold a mass order of 10 pouches! a woman bought two off the site and asked me to make her 8 more in different patterns and colors. the check just cleared today!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Like anything I've made? BUY it here: http://sporkx71.etsy.com
muchachaK
« Reply #534 on: November 28, 2005 03:58:41 PM »

Hyena, your little guys are very cute...I do not think it is bad to be French (My father has a patisserie and specializes in French pastries in a small US town...and I think his customers agree with me!).  Your things are very cute...just make sure to get the word out, tell everyone you know, make business cards and hand them to people...Etsy is like any other place on the internet, people won't find it unless you tell them!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You need a handbag...  www.muchachak.com
beadgalsarita
« Reply #535 on: November 28, 2005 04:52:17 PM »

what mucha said, also, higher priced items sell slower on etsy.  I'm hoping that will change as more people visit the site, but it's hard to sell higher priced items when you're 'competing' with items priced much much cheaper.  I see it all the time with jewelry, these necklaces, that I know took at least an hou,r going for $7-10 dollars.  This dosen't even include the materials that probably cost around $4.  I don't know how they do it, but they do.  I just have to hope that my items are different enough to convince people to pay the higher price.  That's where I think you can really make your mark.  Sell yourself as something different, something unique, and something that's worth the price.

Also, advertise advertise advertise.  you have alot of greyhound themed things, maybe consider finding a greyhound lovers board and making a post or two pointing people toward your work.  Find the market you want to sell to and get them to notice you.

Anyways, your stuff is very cute and I think with the right audience you'll be able to sell them very well.

~Sarah
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hyena
« Reply #536 on: November 29, 2005 09:48:23 AM »

muchachaK and beadgalsarita Thank you very much for your tips. I already try to tell everyone about my store. But I'm kind of isolated here and I don't know a lot of people. I have cards though.

As for the high prices on Etsy, I think there is a problem there. I wonder if Etsy won't be "hacked" by big producers or people who have a store and list 150 items. I think there is a lot of unfair stuff. Where does the people who choose the front page sellers come?
My store has been seen more than 2500 times and I can never find it in the top items and such. They explain how they do the samplers. It seems to be more random than the random part to me.

Also do you think you can add a website such as an etsy page in directories? I tried yesterday but I'm not sure it will be accepted everywhere.
It seems to me like the best solution would be to open my own website...
Well, anyway thank you also for your nice comments about my stuff.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
muchachaK
« Reply #537 on: November 29, 2005 10:45:21 AM »

Hyena,

I do know that how many folks list you in their "favorites" affects how you rank in the top sellers and other stats...I know, I thought that was odd too when I saw sellers who had fewer sales than me...there may be other factors as well that I am not aware of but I don't know them all, it is a bit of a mystery Smiley

Good luck to you!  I also have my own website (I link to my shop on Etsy as my online shop) and it is fun to have a site that is all your own...it can get expensive to set up your own shop but if you have a network of people who can help it is easier.  When I set mine up my boyfriend was a computer programmer and web designer.  We set up a simple site, and he hosts it for me.  Hosting isn't expensive though...it's getting the site built that takes $!

I get more traffic in my Etsy shop than on my website, BUT, my website is very to nice to have to use as a portfolio...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hyena
« Reply #538 on: November 29, 2005 11:01:04 AM »

muchachaK

I already saw your website. I like it, it's very simple and elegant! And your purses seems really professional.

I don't think it will cost me a lot to do the website as I know php and html and I already did a bunch of websites. Plus there is OScommerce which seems to be real well done and effective. My only problem is to register my business and as I am a foreigner I still don't know if there is different things to take care of or not. I have to go see them and well...I'm very very very lazy when it comes to administration craps!  Tongue

Thank you for your help!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
muchachaK
« Reply #539 on: November 29, 2005 11:45:07 AM »

You're welcome hyena...!

In a totally different vein, I've just discovered the wonderful world of trading with other Etsy sellers...what fun!!!  If you haven't tried it, I highly recommend it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 1229 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw a Perspective
How to Handle PDF Files with PitStop Pro 09
How to Draw an Architectural Detail
How to Draw an Architectural Wall Section
How to Draw an Elevation
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...