A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 301,984
Currently Running With Scissors:
444 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 1229
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: How's Your etsy Shop Doing?  (Read 473443 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Lilly_Queen
« Reply #240 on: August 24, 2005 03:56:17 PM »

Im jealous of everyones sales - Ive had one.
:x  One is better than none though. Ive sold 2 off Etsy though so I guess Im doing ok. (meaning, through this site and on LiveJournal)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

taped_on_wings
Queen of ill-fated physical comedy

Leave the politics to madmen

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #241 on: August 24, 2005 06:50:49 PM »

I've had a sort of half sale.  Someone e-mailed me about some of my items, I replied, but haven't heard back.  Sooooooo....hrm.  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.robotheartsquid.etsy.com
http://www.wists.com/taped_on_wings
http://theonlyevidence.blogspot.com/

Before birds get sucked into jet engines, do they ever think, "Is that Rod Stewart in first class?" ~Eddie Izzard
meg4568
« Reply #242 on: August 24, 2005 07:19:00 PM »

I've had a sort of half sale.  Someone e-mailed me about some of my items, I replied, but haven't heard back.  Sooooooo....hrm.  Undecided

dont you hate that? i do.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

beadgalsarita
« Reply #243 on: August 24, 2005 09:07:09 PM »

dont you hate that? i do

definitely.  One turned into a sale and the other kinda stalled out.  I'm guessing my quote was more than she was expecting, but it was a fair price.  It's times like these that make me really wish I wasn't 'competing' with mass made good from china/india/etc.

*sigh* and it would have been a lovely final product.

~Sarah
THIS ROCKS   Logged

No_Aloha

I am the faerie queene!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #244 on: August 25, 2005 08:32:44 AM »

So, I've read through the whole etsy.com thread, and I've noticed that as far as clothing goes, it seems like screen-printed t-shirts are the norm.  Are any of you selling clothes (i.e. skirts, dresses, tops, coats, etc..) with any success?  I would like to open an esty shop and sell clothes (maybe some bags too)--mostly from vintage fabrics/patterns that I'm constantly picking up at estate sales.  In my mind, it would be something that people would like to buy as it's one-of-a-kind, sweat shop free, and built to *last*, but I just don't know...   Are clothes harder to peddle because of the higher price?     
THIS ROCKS   Logged
meg4568
« Reply #245 on: August 25, 2005 08:37:14 AM »

it depends on the price and quality, really.
I mean, i woldnt ever spend more than 7 dollars on a shirt or 12 dollars on pants, but i'm poor.

but if i was rich, and i liked em, sure. id pay a good bit of money.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

worthwhilegirl
my metal baby

We can't all be girl scouts Millie.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #246 on: August 25, 2005 08:46:24 AM »

So, I've read through the whole etsy.com thread, and I've noticed that as far as clothing goes, it seems like screen-printed t-shirts are the norm.  Are any of you selling clothes (i.e. skirts, dresses, tops, coats, etc..) with any success?  I would like to open an esty shop and sell clothes (maybe some bags too)--mostly from vintage fabrics/patterns that I'm constantly picking up at estate sales.  In my mind, it would be something that people would like to buy as it's one-of-a-kind, sweat shop free, and built to *last*, but I just don't know...   Are clothes harder to peddle because of the higher price?     

I am all for the idea of hand made, one of a kind, sweatshop free clothing & I know a lot of other folks are too. My only thought about clothes vs. tees is that it can be really hard to tell how an item of clothing will fit when you can't try it on.  If you have multiple pictures (with real models & not just dress forms) & descriptions with sizes/measurements it would make it easier.

I'd love to see what you make! Plus if you list it now there aren't any fees so you can get a feel if they will sell or not.

I'm also of the opinion that lots of shops/sellers will stop selling after etsy starts the fees unless there is a huge surge in buyers.

I guess we will just wait & see!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.betweenstupidandclever.com
yep I got a knitting blog

-It's making me blue, Pantone 292....
schizkitty
« Reply #247 on: August 25, 2005 03:01:39 PM »

I opened as hop!  I've only had is a couple days, and I'm kind of "trickling" stuff in, so it keeps current...Only lookers, no takers yet.  I'm even offering free shipping...I wonder if it is becasue of the huge glut etsy has with jewelry.

Ah well, for no cost, I can stick it out! Smiley  Better than installing my own shopping cart on my website at this point.  Have any <i>jewelry</i> people been selling good htere?

Lookie here:
www.beadoodles.etsy.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my work at www.beadoodles.etsy.com !
chemama
« Reply #248 on: August 25, 2005 03:44:46 PM »

I like the virus jewelry!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
quack
the wooley duck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #249 on: August 25, 2005 04:23:50 PM »

I've sold pendants that were listed in the jewelry section. 3 altogether. But...thinking back, they weren't completely random buyers so it's hard to say. I'm getting quite a few views on the ones I have up right now though. I think so long as your jewelry's unique, which it is, and you make good use of tags the jewelry section shouldn't swallow your stuff up completely.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 1229 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Copy and Paste
How to Create an Alien in Photoshop
How to Create RSS Icon in Photoshop
How to Replace face a In Photoshop
How to Remove Date/Time Stamp from Your Photos
Latest Blog Articles
Summertime Sweetness: Fruit Salsa & Cinnamon Chips
Fire Up the Grill: Jerk Steak
Tute Tuesday: July 4th Light Up the Sky Hat

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...