A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 302,605
Currently Running With Scissors:
598 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 846 847 [848] 849 850 ... 1229
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: How's Your etsy Shop Doing?  (Read 411879 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bixby2
« Reply #8470 on: August 19, 2006 09:38:03 PM »

are those the little puff balls with googly eyes that had sticky feet and came in all sorts of colors and costumes.  Usually had a tag on their feet advertising a dentist or a real estate person?
either way it is a cute banner!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out the Electric Sheep Fibers!  http://amysbabies.etsy.com

My Blog
http://amysbabies.wordpress.com/
believer10
« Reply #8471 on: August 19, 2006 10:13:46 PM »

eep! so a whie back lusterbunny has some lovely rhinestones she was getting rid of (anyone remember that?) well i bought some and made some resin pendant necklaces outta them. 

i'd love it if you would all check them out.

http://www.etsy.com/view_item.php?listing_id=397948

http://www.etsy.com/view_item.php?listing_id=397917

http://www.etsy.com/view_item.php?listing_id=397887

there are more listed as well, any comments are appreciated.

oh and just so everyone knows, my free shipping on all jewelry items is still going on til monday!

Those are awesome! I bought a bunch of rhinestones as well, but I haven't figured out what to do with them yet. That might be a great idea for Christmas! Smiley

oh yeah, they would probably be really neat as christmas ornaments too or something hmm....i should try that for my mom's tree this year.  i have a bunch more to use up still but i ran outta resin.  once i get some more i'll likely do some more up with different variations. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kitty1256
« Reply #8472 on: August 20, 2006 06:07:28 AM »

Hey do any of you sell handspun yarn?  I am looking on etsy, but there are 400 pages of handspun yarn, and plus I really want to support some fellow craftsters.  I have never worked with anything except cheep acrylic (i think thats what its called) yarn before....like the kind you can get form WalMart for $2 for a whole big thing of it, and I think it would be cool to try out a new kind of yarn....maybe knit something up to sell in my etsy shop or something.

Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fearlessfibers
« Reply #8473 on: August 20, 2006 06:11:22 AM »

Hi Kitty:

My yarns are commercially spun, but they are handpainted or rainbow dyed.  Link is below.

My prices are also much better than many of the others on Etsy who sell quality yarn (which mine are!).  If you have questions, don't hesitate to ask.

- Deb aka Fearless Fibers
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fearlessfibers
« Reply #8474 on: August 20, 2006 06:13:35 AM »

Hey all:

FYI, I'm having another contest on my blog with a yarn prize (actually, this time the prize is a little "kit" for a felted bag, including yarn and pattern).  If you like to knit or know anyone who does, you may want to check it out.

http://fearlessfibers.blogspot.com

I think this will be a fun one!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

kitty1256
« Reply #8475 on: August 20, 2006 06:15:01 AM »

Hi Kitty:

My yarns are commercially spun, but they are handpainted or rainbow dyed.  Link is below.

My prices are also much better than many of the others on Etsy who sell quality yarn (which mine are!).  If you have questions, don't hesitate to ask.

i checked it out and i just don't know if i can spend $15-$30 on yarn to make a scarf out of, and then people will probably only buy the scarf from me for around $20 or maybe even less.  man, i am going to have to learn how to die yarn myself.  haha.

oh, did anyone get a chance to check out my scarf i just added to my etsy shop and let me know if you think $20 is too much for it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vancy
« Reply #8476 on: August 20, 2006 06:25:45 AM »

Hi my name is Val, I just wanted to come and introduce myself and share my shop with everyone!
Jamie put my boxes up yesterday and they've gotten a lot of "views" so far so I'm pretty excited! Smiley

This is the link to the shop if you would like to see: http://vancy.etsy.com

Thank you!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://vancy.etsy.com
I'm selling my boxes and other goodies now!:)
PinkyK
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8477 on: August 20, 2006 06:28:50 AM »

I have yet another question for you guys.....

I'm not sure if you have been following the bead melting craze but my husband (Kappy) has become Mr. Bead.  Do you think melted bead votive holders will sell?  If so how much is a good price for them? We did a rough estimate based on the cost of the beads and the estimated cost of running the oven in August and the electricity needed to help cool the house back down...ugh.....but I'm not sure if that price ($5 - $10) is too much or not enough.

Here is a link to pics of his latest creations:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=110217.40;topicseen
« Last Edit: August 20, 2006 06:31:57 AM by PinkyK » THIS ROCKS   Logged

fearlessfibers
« Reply #8478 on: August 20, 2006 06:39:31 AM »

i checked it out and i just don't know if i can spend $15-$30 on yarn to make a scarf out of, and then people will probably only buy the scarf from me for around $20 or maybe even less.  man, i am going to have to learn how to die yarn myself.  haha.

Hi Kitty:

If you're looking for something better than the cheap acrylics, but don't want to spend much (you won't get a quality handpaint for very little money --- mine are at least 25% under comparable retail to give you an idea of pricing), you might try Knitpicks (I think it's knitpicks.com).  Their yarns are not top-notch quality, but as I understand it, they aren't bad and are very, very reasonably priced.  I haven't tried them myself, but I hear alot about them from folks looking for a bargain while still getting a fair level of quality.  They aren't handpainted or handspun, but you won't get a quality handpaint for a rock bottom price.

As to the scarf you asked about, I think $20 is reasonable for a handknit scarf, but if this is acrylic as I assume it is based on your question, then you should definitely say so in the listing.  Some folks just won't buy or wear acrylic and may be irritated if they find out after purchase.  Others don't mind at all, so I doubt it will hurt your chances for selling it to specify the fiber content in the listing.

- Deb
« Last Edit: August 20, 2006 06:41:05 AM by fearlessfibers » THIS ROCKS   Logged

kitty1256
« Reply #8479 on: August 20, 2006 06:44:36 AM »

Hi Kitty:

If you're looking for something better than the cheap acrylics, but don't want to spend much (you won't get a quality handpaint for very little money --- mine are at least 25% under comparable retail to give you an idea of pricing), you might try Knitpicks (I think it's knitpicks.com).  Their yarns are not top-notch quality, but as I understand it, they aren't bad and are very, very reasonably priced.  I haven't tried them myself, but I hear alot about them from folks looking for a bargain while still getting a fair level of quality.  They aren't handpainted or handspun, but you won't get a quality handpaint for a rock bottom price.

As to the scarf you asked about, I think $20 is reasonable for a handknit scarf, but if this is acrylic as I assume it is based on your question, then you should definitely say so in the listing.  Some folks just won't buy or wear acrylic and may be irritated if they find out after purchase.  Others don't mind at all, so I doubt it will hurt your chances for selling it to specify the fiber content in the listing.

- Deb

awesome.  thanks so much!  yeah...that scarf is acrylic...i looked on the paper that it came wrapped in.  i will go specify that.  maybe I should put the price down to like $15 because of the material (though I did spend a lot of time working on it...oh well).  i definatly think that your yarns would be WORTH $15-$30, i just don't have that kind of money right now!  haha.  i definatly would go for some if I wasn't a poor college student.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 846 847 [848] 849 850 ... 1229 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Turmeric Mask from India
Guy Attempts to Follow a Glitter Eyeshadow Tutorial
7 Important Beauty Tips for Summer
Limited Edition: Modern Mermaid Unboxing!
Brazil Flag Nail Art Tutorial
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...